Confirmed Rumor: Disney Vacation Club to Start Giving $200 Gift Card to Resort Guests Who Tour Property

maui22

DIS Veteran
Apologies if this is posted elsewhere or if this is not the correct forum to post.

wdwnt is reporting the following
https://wdwnt.com/2024/03/rumor-dis...gift-card-to-resort-guests-who-tour-property/

Reports indicate that Disney Vacation Club will soon start giving Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests a $200 Disney gift card if they take a 30-minute DVC property tour.
he offer will be available starting on Sunday, March 31. It is not valid for current DVC Members.

The following model villas are available for hotel guests to tour between 8 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. daily.

• Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort: 2-Bedroom Villa
  • Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Cascade Cabin
  • Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: 2-Bedroom Villa
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House: 2-Bedroom Villa
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village: 3-Bedroom Grand Villa
  • Disney’s Beach Club Villas: 2-Bedroom Villa
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Villas: 1-Bedroom Villa
  • Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows: Bungalow
  • Disney’s Riviera Resort: 2-Bedroom Villa and Tower Studio
  • The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: 3-Bedroom Grand Villa and NEW Resort Studio (Big Pine Key)

Guests can visit the DVC Welcome Home Center at a resort to attend an open house or call (407) 827-4744 to schedule a tour. Read more about tours on the Disney Vacation Club website.

Last edited:
This is along the lines of someone who posted a few days ago, mentioning their guide was off to a big meeting about future changes for people touring DVC properties.

Fingers crossed this means good incentives are coming, too!

Darn we just added my wife to the contract last year...lol...12 years and not on it,,now incentives shes on it.
Could have had her tour, got the card paid for my golf...lol
We did tour 13+ years ago and did at that time get a $100 so cant complain.

They were giving away cards like this before COVID. My DD was given $150 (along with FP's) in 2019 before we added her and her siblings to our contracts.

I think its just back to what used to be...
Do you happen to recall if there were generous incentives added around the time they were doing that?

The FPs is a really smart idea. I bet a lot of people (whom they want to buy big contracts) aren't going to take a couple hours out of their day to visit a new resort... but if you get 2-3 "whatever you want" FPs suddenly it's a MUCH better use of your time.

Do you happen to recall if there were generous incentives added around the time they were doing that?

The FPs is a really smart idea. I bet a lot of people (whom they want to buy big contracts) aren't going to take a couple hours out of their day to visit a new resort... but if you get 2-3 "whatever you want" FPs suddenly it's a MUCH better use of your time.

No…that program had been in existence for years.

Incentives were normal.

A former member friend and I were approached in the Epcot lounge in 2019. He offered her a $75 gift card and each of us 3 fastpasses if we took the tour. We had free time that afternoon, so he arranged for the DVC van to pick us up at Beach Club. We sat through the presentation and got ice cream after. It was interesting for me because I bought over the phone with her former guide. So I got to see the sales pitch. He did ask if I was interested in an add-on, I asked if he could get me Grand Cal for the same price as Riviera (which I knew was impossible), I would buy on the spot. He made a phone call, no Grand Cal. My friend didn't buy but I did get my VGC resale a few months later, for about the same price as Riviera ($180).

In the old days they used to give you Ice Cream after visiting the Disney Vacation Club.... What a nice treat that would be if they added it in!

Right now do they even have Cabins tours available? I have always struggled to understand why they show you the sold out resorts... It hurts members, but it also hurts DVC depending on the property... I remember when we toured BW pre-refurb and found ourselves thinking "well I would never want to own there, the Swan Reserve works great for us!"

In the old days they used to give you Ice Cream after visiting the Disney Vacation Club.... What a nice treat that would be if they added it in!

Right now do they even have Cabins tours available? I have always struggled to understand why they show you the sold out resorts... It hurts members, but it also hurts DVC depending on the property... I remember when we toured BW pre-refurb and found ourselves thinking "well I would never want to own there, the Swan Reserve works great for us!"
Cabins do not appear to be listed. I did notice earlier this week that there’s a big construction site near to the Grizzly River Run in DCA that says something like “DVC magic coming soon”— I’m guessing it will be a sales kiosk? Would be awesome if they took advantage of the setting to import a Ft Wilderness cabin.

They give you a coupon for a Dole Whip at Tangeroa Terrace if you tour the VDH or Aulani preview rooms at Disneyland Hotel.

This is along the lines of someone who posted a few days ago, mentioning their guide was off to a big meeting about future changes for people touring DVC properties.

Fingers crossed this means good incentives are coming, too!
Well I hope its more than just $200 in gift cards :D

Ah, yes - the ice cream at the end. I recall. Completely sold us to buy!!

Not really we bought, but it would be nice to include it with current tours....!

Any reports of this rumor being confirmed? It was reportedly starting yesterday.
I overheard a guide say he was confirming the email address to send the gift card yesterday. No idea how much it was as I was just passing by looking at pins but seems like they're offering something. If I remember I'll ask next time I pass if they aren't already with someone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter