Rumor - AK Lodge to become DVC announcement Thurs?

CarolA said:
Well, I need to add a condition on to my sale and purchase declaration.
The VAK CANNOT be in the current parking lot.. If they don't have a savannah view just cancel the whole deal!

Even if they built in the parking lot, they could add more savannah--gets around the disruption of animals during construction problem, LOL.

DrTomorrow said:
A DVC Resort at AKL? That means another high-quality resort that we crafty SSR owners can fill up at 7 months.

Excellent....

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Ohhh DrT.... its been a long day and I certainly needed that!

Sammie said:
Well with all rumors only time will tell. I have been told many times by friends that work for Disney that the ground infrastructure was laid for DVC when AKL was built.

I was also told recently, Contemporary has not been ruled out, but is not as strong a possibility as it previously was.

Hummm. Things have shifted a little.

DrTomorrow said:
A DVC Resort at AKL? That means another high-quality resort that we crafty SSR owners can fill up at 7 months.

Excellent....

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

simzac said:
Where is it written that SSR is only 50% sold :confused3

Three very respected folks on this board came up with this estimate based on information provided at the most recent DVC Member Meetings. A few folks felt it might be shy of 50%.

Is it true? I think it is in the ballpark! So, why would they announce a new resort that would impact sales?

If this rumor turns out to be true, then, the only thing I could speculate is that they would have two alternative offerings at different price tiers. VAK would be priced high ($125 to $130 a point) and SSR would stay in the existing range.

Who knows!

When I called to put down a deposit on my SSR purchase the guide went through the list of what DVC included and he said use of existing and future DVC resorts. I asked if there were any plans yet and he said they were looking and to expect an announcement in 4 or 5 months. So I'm doubting there will be one tomorrow, but maybe soon.

nicky mouse said:
When I called to put down a deposit on my SSR purchase the guide went through the list of what DVC included and he said use of existing and future DVC resorts. I asked if there were any plans yet and he said they were looking and to expect an announcement in 4 or 5 months. So I'm doubting there will be one tomorrow, but maybe soon.

I know I'm being cynical again (need that trip to Vegas next week and SSR end of May) but what else is guide supposed to say? If s/he sais "Why yes, we were planning on keeping the next DVC Resort secret for 6 more months, but what the heck, I'll tell you right now!" then s/he'll be outta there so fast your head would spin. And if they say (right when the customer is ready to put down a deposit) "Why no, nope, nosiree bob, no more DVC resorts" then the customer lets out a dejected "Oh" and a sigh.

Disney benefits from not promising anything while simultaneously not ruling anything out....

IMHO - YMMV

bpmorley said:
When did we SSR owners become crafty?

They will look pretty crafty when they are still using DVC for the extra 12 years. They will aslo look crafty when the DVC population ages and people are clamoring to get in there for the golf and the access to DTD. Remember, travel plans change as the kds grow up. This is the reason I just added on there.

johnny

The Expedition Everest opening a whole new land comment probably refers to their plans for the new "Asia" restaurant.

My comment was that the Asia section of AK was built after the park opened (it opened in late 1999 as I recall, well after the rest of the park opened).

There was also another planned land for AK that was never built. I think they probably have plenty of room left for expansion there yet.

DrTomorrow said:
I know I'm being cynical again (need that trip to Vegas next week and SSR end of May) but what else is guide supposed to say? If s/he sais "Why yes, we were planning on keeping the next DVC Resort secret for 6 more months, but what the heck, I'll tell you right now!" then s/he'll be outta there so fast your head would spin. And if they say (right when the customer is ready to put down a deposit) "Why no, nope, nosiree bob, no more DVC resorts" then the customer lets out a dejected "Oh" and a sigh.

Disney benefits from not promising anything while simultaneously not ruling anything out....

IMHO - YMMV

I agree with you, but I don't think the poster was saying for sure that they will make an announce of a new DVC in 6 months, just that they probably won't be making one today since she asked her guide recently and they didn't say an announce was so soon. If a guide was trying to "sell" her and they knew an annoucement was soon they would probably have hinted at the more immediate announcement as an enticement

DrTomorrow said:

Excellent....

Does anyone else hear Montgomery Burns voice when reading this??
:teeth:

cobbler said:

SMITHERS YOU FOOL! I've got that HOMER Simpson right where I want him !

time for some pudding!

LMAO

whiles :rotfl2:

cobbler said:

OMG yes! Exactly what I thought! Too funny! :rotfl2:

Johnnyfairplay said:
They will look pretty crafty when they are still using DVC for the extra 12 years. They will aslo look crafty when the DVC population ages and people are clamoring to get in there for the golf and the access to DTD. Remember, travel plans change as the kds grow up. This is the reason I just added on there.

johnny

Isn't it a possibility that any new resorts might have those same extra years? That's my plan....keep my 200 at BWV and then add on to a new resort that has a later expiration.

If they don't have the extra years, they won't get our money for them...

We're on the same plan as Monte Cristo.

My guide told me - that the guides know nothing....

they aren't told anything because they may let something slip to prospective owners.... which is illegal in the state of Fl.

but last year (might have been longer) - another poster - posted a link to where all the DVC resorts would be at the deluxe resorts - says also there were plans for the moderate too (but didn't give details).

another rumor that the uncompletely part of Pop becoming a DVC resort. Like Horizons was for Marriott..

I would love either a DVC at Cont, AKL or Polyn....

One at DL would be nice too - a reason to go to California....

I hope this isn't true. If it is, I'd have to buy more points because I love AKL so much, and I don't need any more points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter