Rum Point Grand Cayman

Tinkerbell2B

Mouseketeer
Who has gone to Rum Point? I have been to GC and done Stingray City and Starfish point. I have also been to Kaibo. I am thinking about Rum Point this time. Anyone have any input on Rum Point excursions either through DCL or otherwise? Thanks a bunch!

We've done the sting ray city rum point excursion our last couple cruises. Rum Point is a very clean and quiet beach area. The food was good and the people were very nice. Swimming is nice too since the area is sheltered from any strong waves. :firefight

We did this excursion on October 9th. We tendered in. All who were going on the dcl excursion went into three air conditioned mini vans. We rode on them for maybe ten minutes to the boat marina. Once there, we got right out of the vans and climbed onto a catamaran that was awesome! It is a 45 minute boat ride which seems like a long time but it actually was nice! My 4 year old girl and hubby enjoyed lying on the rope area at the front! The catamaran sells cold drinks and snacks. The two guys who run the boat are super sweet.

Once at the beach, we got our seats and played in the water. We brought sand toys (and decided to just leave them when it was over) but the shop there brought out lots of sand toys for everyone to use. I think we got to the beach at 10:15. You can choose when to eat. We dried off and ate around 11:45 - lunch was part f our excursion cost so we just presented a ticket they had given us. Got back in the water about 12:15 and played until 1:30. Cleaned off in the shower - just rinsed sand - and headed toward catamaran at 1:45 for a 2 pm departure. Went back to marina, back on vans, and got back to the tender station at 3:00 and back on the ship at 3:15.

This was actually a super relaxing excursion. The ride over, the time on the uncrowded beach, and the ride back were all fun but relaxing. We did see some fish and even some small stingrays but all in all I would say it is not a place with a huge wow factor. For us the beach was so clean and nice and that made it spectacular. Food was good. I would do it again but I am a sucker for relaxation. If you are a go-go-go type that likes super awesome extreme experiences, that won't be found at rum point.

Good luck in your decision. I want to go back now!! :-)

We did this excursion on October 9th. We tendered in. All who were going on the dcl excursion went into three air conditioned mini vans. We rode on them for maybe ten minutes to the boat marina. Once there, we got right out of the vans and climbed onto a catamaran that was awesome! It is a 45 minute boat ride which seems like a long time but it actually was nice! My 4 year old girl and hubby enjoyed lying on the rope area at the front! The catamaran sells cold drinks and snacks. The two guys who run the boat are super sweet.

Once at the beach, we got our seats and played in the water. We brought sand toys (and decided to just leave them when it was over) but the shop there brought out lots of sand toys for everyone to use. I think we got to the beach at 10:15. You can choose when to eat. We dried off and ate around 11:45 - lunch was part f our excursion cost so we just presented a ticket they had given us. Got back in the water about 12:15 and played until 1:30. Cleaned off in the shower - just rinsed sand - and headed toward catamaran at 1:45 for a 2 pm departure. Went back to marina, back on vans, and got back to the tender station at 3:00 and back on the ship at 3:15.

This was actually a super relaxing excursion. The ride over, the time on the uncrowded beach, and the ride back were all fun but relaxing. We did see some fish and even some small stingrays but all in all I would say it is not a place with a huge wow factor. For us the beach was so clean and nice and that made it spectacular. Food was good. I would do it again but I am a sucker for relaxation. If you are a go-go-go type that likes super awesome extreme experiences, that won't be found at rum point.

Thanks for the great review! DH and I are taking this excursion when we sail the Magic in 7 days!! We are not going to Castaway Cay because we are sailing the Western Caribbean from Galveston and this was my attempt to get a nice beach day. Your review makes me feel better about my choice. :goodvibes

Thanks guys for the help! Rum Point sounds perfect! I think I have made my decision!:goodvibes

We've done the sting ray city rum point excursion our last couple cruises. Rum Point is a very clean and quiet beach area. The food was good and the people were very nice. Swimming is nice too since the area is sheltered from any strong waves. :firefight

Thank you! It sounds like the right excursion for us!

Just to be clear, this was the Rum Point Beach excursion through DCL, the one without the sting ray snorkeling? I just booked it, and I'm hoping it is because this sounds amazing!! :banana:

Rum Point is beautiful and lovely!!!! You won't be disappointed.

Rum Point was excellent. We loved the relaxing boat ride over. The whole day was great. We booked through DCL and were very happy. We opted to skip the stingrays and just enjoy more time on the beach. I wish we could have stayed there longer.:)

Do you remember what kinds of choices you were offered for lunch? I'm not looking for anything extravagant, just something I know my daughter would like.

This excursion was the highlight of our cruise. I agree that it is laid back but such a cute beach. The boat ride over was so relaxing. They let people sit on the front of the boat too.

We went in May, so I can only remember that I had some great fried fish. I am not a huge fried fish fan, but I tried it based on other's advice. My daughter just told me that she ate a hot dog plate with fries and a cookie. I hope this helps.

Do you remember what kinds of choices you were offered for lunch? I'm not looking for anything extravagant, just something I know my daughter would like.

Kid friendly items include a burger, hot dog, or chicken strips. For the adults, the grill serves a very nice jerk pork or a chicken panini sandwich which is one of my favorites.

For tours that include lunch I am pretty sure that you have your choice from most of the items on the Rum Point Wreck Bar menu, but alcohol is not included in package tour prices.

Menu prices are in Cayman dollars. CI$1 = US$1.25 so that CI$10 frozen blender drink actually costs US!2.50 + mandatory 15% service charge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter