RSR generally closed during rain?

AngieMouse86

Mouseketeer
DBF and I want to head down tomorrow and while we're passholders, haven't been in the rain since RSR has been open.

I searched and saw most folks saying it's often down during the rain but those responses were from a bit back and I was wondering if maybe they're getting better at running it in slight rain....? Or is it the kind of ride that just needs to be down when it's raining at all?

Only asking as it's supposed to rain tomorrow and if it'll be closed, I'd rather avoid the morning traffic and head out a bit later (not to mention eat bfast at home :lmao:) but DBF really wants to be able to ride but I'm not physically up to staying all day but want to make it to around 8 or so.

Soo that was drawn out, ha, but anyone know how it's been running in the rain? We had some downpours recently, curious to know how it operated during that time.

DBF and I want to head down tomorrow and while we're passholders, haven't been in the rain since RSR has been open.

I searched and saw most folks saying it's often down during the rain but those responses were from a bit back and I was wondering if maybe they're getting better at running it in slight rain....? Or is it the kind of ride that just needs to be down when it's raining at all?

Only asking as it's supposed to rain tomorrow and if it'll be closed, I'd rather avoid the morning traffic and head out a bit later (not to mention eat bfast at home :lmao:) but DBF really wants to be able to ride but I'm not physically up to staying all day but want to make it to around 8 or so.

Soo that was drawn out, ha, but anyone know how it's been running in the rain? We had some downpours recently, curious to know how it operated during that time.

We rode it in the rain (light) a few weeks ago. It was still fun and our car won!

elaw said:
We rode it in the rain (light) a few weeks ago. It was still fun and our car won!

Good to hear, for my DBF. Guess I might be fighting traffic after all, lol. Thanks for your reply. :)

We were there when it was raining. Light rain on and off all day and when RSR did go down they said the rain is not an issue.

MamaChelle said:
We were there when it was raining. Light rain on and off all day and when RSR did go down they said the rain is not an issue.

Oh that's interesting, I assumed it would be.

Well we're here now, just cloudy so far, so think we'll be good for a ride or two. The rain's supposed to come in the evening now, so glad DBF got me up early, LOL.

Thanks again for the help. :)

we were on it during light rain last week-- we got to ride it 9 times in our 3 days- it is now either my favorite or 2nd favorite ride- My kids were tired of going on it- but I wanted to go again & again!

Just wanted to update: We rode it twice, once in the morning and once early afternoon with just the slightest hint of drizzle, with no problems. No more rain fell while we were there, so that was that, LOL.

Thanks again for the helpful advice. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter