RSR and Single Rider

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by kristie73, Oct 4, 2012.

1. kristie73

kristie73 Mouseketeer

Is their a height requirement for single riders at RSR? Can my DS5 and DS9 ride single rider?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sonnyjane

sonnyjane DIS Veteran

The height requirement is the same, but you must be 7 years old to ride alone, so your 5 year old won't be able to use the Single Rider line.

4. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

Just to add, riders under the age of seven must be accompanied by someone 14-years or older, so unfortunately your 9 year old cannot chaperon the 5-year old.

5. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

I was there last week and a woman pulled a fast one on Soarin. We got in the single rider line behind her and 2 small children. The standby was 35 minutes. They didn't have a single rider card, the cm at the end of the first ramp let them past to go into the single rider side. The cm at the bottom of the second ramp asked for their single rider card, she acted like she didn't understand. Then he asked the younger one how old she was, I think she said 5 and the older one said 8. He said the 5 year old cannot ride alone and she must be accompanied by someone 14 or older. So he went over to the side and called the cm at the bottom of the first ramp, asking why they were left through. The mom was trying to act pitiful and finally the cm said he would let them go together this one time but next time they can't use single rider. We just shook our heads. Couldn't figure out how they got past the cm at the entrance and the cm at the bottom of the first ramp.

6. disneymum58

disneymum58 Mouseketeer

I'm sure you need to be 7 to ride single rider because they did ask my son how old he was when we went SR on Indiana Jones. He was 7 at the time. They wouldn't let him ride Dumbo by himself when he was just 6 years old though.

7. StyledSugar

StyledSugar Love The Mouse

What is a single rider card?

8. sonnyjane

sonnyjane DIS Veteran

A few of the rides at the parks have Single Rider lines. They use those lines to fill in any empty spots, so if a car holds 6 people and there's a family of 3 and a family of 2, there is one empty seat, so instead of letting the car go with an empty seat, they will take a person from the Single Rider like to fill it. It's a great way to cut down on wait times if you don't mind riding with strangers.

Some rides use the exit as the SRL entrance and in those cases the CM up front will give you a single rider card indicating that you can enter that way. Other rides have separate SRL lines and you don't typically need a card for them. I've never needed a card for Splash, and I didn't get a card for RSR this last weekend. I do get a card at Indy and Screamin' for example.

9. StyledSugar

StyledSugar Love The Mouse

Thanks for the info!! :)