RPR Room Request - Location?

MamaKate

Simply meant to be...
It's been a few years since I've been to Royal Pacific and I'd like some help on room requests. If I'd like to be close to the pool and water taxi, are both Tower 2 and 3 good? Or is one a little better?

Request tower 3.

Although nothing is very far away from anything at RP, T3 is closer to boat dock and the elevator comes right out at one entrance to the pool.

Everyone has a personal preference. For me view is not important unless I'm at a beach resort and have a balcony. A few weeks ago we stayed 6 nights at the RPR. We made a request for near the pool and the walking path. We got room 1100 in Tower 1. It was very close to the doors going out to the pool and water taxi and near the elevators. Down the hall, took you even closer to the walking path. The lobby was on a higher floor but we only went there when we took a taxi or met the pizza delivery guy. Our main interests were quick pool access and quick exit to the parks. We never waited for an elevator because we never needed one.

i always request T3.
close to the boat dock and there is a walking path next to the dock towards the parks.

both towers are decent to the pool.
T3 is just a few steps closer to it.

I just got back and have to agree that Tower 3 is the way to go - I've always stayed there in the past when i was Platinum.
Now that I am only Gold they put me in tower 2.

I had requested Tower 3, High Floor, Pool view if available.

I was in tower 2, 2nd floor with a view of the bridge from the car park. It is not a bad view - but everyone can see into your room.

This was a total PITA - to get to the boat I had to go up one floor, cut over to tower three through the lobby and then go down to floor 1.
I tried just going down to floor 1 and going to the boat - but it was just not convenient at all.
Building 2 is convenient for Jake's ... but since i was at HHN for 4 nights there was no time for that.

So in future I think I'll turn down the upgrade and take tower 3. It is far more convenient.

I just got back and have to agree that Tower 3 is the way to go - I've always stayed there in the past when i was Platinum.
Now that I am only Gold they put me in tower 2.

I had requested Tower 3, High Floor, Pool view if available.

I was in tower 2, 2nd floor with a view of the bridge from the car park. It is not a bad view - but everyone can see into your room.

This was a total PITA - to get to the boat I had to go up one floor, cut over to tower three through the lobby and then go down to floor 1.
I tried just going down to floor 1 and going to the boat - but it was just not convenient at all.
Building 2 is convenient for Jake's ... but since i was at HHN for 4 nights there was no time for that.

So in future I think I'll turn down the upgrade and take tower 3. It is far more convenient.

Tower 2 has nothing to do with your upgrade.

Tower 2 has nothing to do with your upgrade.
There are other factors - it was very busy, it was HHN and I was staying for 5 nights...but since they have only so many King Suites as gold you are most likely not going to get in tower three when they are busy. This is exactly what the front desk folks told me as well. They also told me had I just booked a water view room they would "most likely" put me in tower three with a pool/park view as requested.
Since I go to universal on my own Ill skip the upgrade in future - I was only expecting an upgrade to water view as gold in the first place.
Was surprised they upgraded me to a suite so far in advance as gold.

They do upgrade gold to a suite bit charge you $50 per night for it besides your room rate

There are other factors - it was very busy, it was HHN and I was staying for 5 nights...but since they have only so many King Suites as gold you are most likely not going to get in tower three when they are busy. This is exactly what the front desk folks told me as well. They also told me had I just booked a water view room they would "most likely" put me in tower three with a pool/park view as requested.
Since I go to universal on my own Ill skip the upgrade in future - I was only expecting an upgrade to water view as gold in the first place.
Was surprised they upgraded me to a suite so far in advance as gold.

So you paid the $50 upgrade per night for the king suite in advanced for being a gold member? The reason for that is its busy HHN, let you get the upgrade for a KS to open another room at a lower rate to appeal to most visitors, easier sale.

These are the king suite number counts.

T1= 10
T2= 11
T3= 7

BTW: My preference is tower 1 high floor.

So you paid the $50 upgrade per night for the king suite in advanced for being a gold member? The reason for that is its busy HHN, let you get the upgrade for a KS to open another room at a lower rate to appeal to most visitors, easier sale.

These are the king suite number counts.

T1= 10
T2= 11
T3= 7

BTW: My preference is tower 1 high floor.
No that is the upgrade they gave me when I called - I did not pay for it.
I had just asked for the upgrade to water view and the gave me the KS - I agree that may have been because of HHN - I was there for 4 nights of it and I guess they were able to turn that standard room 4 times - and I really don't have an issue with it.

Requests are just that requests and if they can do it they will - but Platinum is always going to get their request first - and I did not know there were so few suites in tower 3 - I assumed they had 2 on each floor (of course two of those are Club level).

I've stayed at RPR many times over the years and really disliked being in tower 2 - but in the end it was a minor inconvenience.

No that is the upgrade they gave me when I called - I did not pay for it.
I had just asked for the upgrade to water view and the gave me the KS - I agree that may have been because of HHN - I was there for 4 nights of it and I guess they were able to turn that standard room 4 times - and I really don't have an issue with it.

Requests are just that requests and if they can do it they will - but Platinum is always going to get their request first - and I did not know there were so few suites in tower 3 - I assumed they had 2 on each floor (of course two of those are Club level).

I've stayed at RPR many times over the years and really disliked being in tower 2 - but in the end it was a minor inconvenience.

Ok, so they upgraded for free and like you agree it's a money decision on there part. Yes, platinum gets requests before gold but neither before full paying customer.

Club has one king suite only facing I4 (#3701) and across hall is a Jurassic park suite facing the pool (#3700).

I agree tower 2 is the least favorite of the 3. If I stay in 2 I will only stay in any floor above 3. This way you get a decent view and you always have to go down regardless if going lobby or ground floor.

Floor 2 in any tower has to be the worst.

Bumping this thread back up... we will be going to Universal (specifically for WWoHP) in early February. I've already booked our reservation at RPR and after reading this thread I'm wondering if I should contact them and ask for building 3. We would like to be as close to the park entrance as possible. Is it worth asking them for a certain tower/floor or is it all about the same?

You can call and request a tower preference
Rooms are not given to the scheduler to assign them until about 5-6 days out from your arrival

I'd go with T 1 or 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter