RPR or HRH club level - which is better?

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels' started by ilanakan, Sep 4, 2012.

1. ilanakan

ilanakan Mouseketeer

We're a family of 5 - 2 adults and dd's 17, 12,6.
    We want to book for september 2013 an on site hotel.
    Seen both hrh and rpr, and can't decide which is better for us. Any suggestions?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

i have stayed at both, club level.

i enjoyed RPH a lot more than the other.

4. JessicaR

JessicaR <font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>

Well better as far as offerings I think RPR. It's a lovely, quiet lounge that is pretty spacious. My sister and I stayed RPR club and totally enjoyed it.

For the fun cool factor HRH, hands down. The lounge at HRH isn't quiet. When we take the kids we stay at HRH, club level and it has always been terrific!

My husband and I would stay at PBH or RPR when we're alone.

Breakfast is similar but RPR had way better desserts in the evening. It's more comfortable there too and the lounge is larger than HRH.

Tough call. We pick both though! :rotfl:

5. dvcterry

dvcterry DIS Veteran

RPR had a better selection hands down. HRH lounge fun to an extent, but eventually kids & everyone would just take our food & drinks back to our room. They offered less & once they were out, they were out. one morning they were really late with breakfast so we skipped that completely & headed over to the park, grabbed something there.

6. ilanakan

ilanakan Mouseketeer

What do you actually get to eat for breakfast and afternoon at club level?

7. CPA_ESQ.

CPA_ESQ. Mouseketeer

breakfast is

coffee, tea, soda, water, little boxes of cereal, milk, mini muffins, bagels, butter, cream cheese, and maybe some fruit, yogurt, granola.

Lunch is a snack

Cookies, granola bars, soda, water, candies

8. ilanakan

ilanakan Mouseketeer

No hot food in the afternoon? Pasta, for example? And if yes, is it only vegetarian?

9. Rip

Rip Proud Redhead

I don't recall there being any hot food at either hotel for lunch. Then again, it may have been the booze.

10. WernerW

WernerW Mouseketeer

I know the afternoon/evening selection changes but could you tell what the selection was?

11. damo

damo Proud Redhead

12. CPA_ESQ.

CPA_ESQ. Mouseketeer

There is no hot food in the afternoon (lunch) they only offer soda and snacks like cookies, trail mix, etc.

At 4:30 they have happy hour with hot appetizer type snacks. If you are not a huge eater you could get by without dinner, but the plates they give you are small and the offering is not meant to be an all you can eat buffet dinner. It does hit the spot at the end of the day.

13. pattiken

pattiken Mouseketeer

we just returned from club level at HRH was fantastic. Staff went out of there way to make us happy. Breakfast was great for my family of 4. Evening cocktail hour had 3 hot dishes that changed every night. One night we had these great beef satays and there was shrimp in some kind of noodle..yum! also lots sushi.
    one afternoon there was also those little pocket PB & J sandwiches that my kids loved!

14. taymorel

taymorel Mouseketeer

Is club level worth the higher price? We are planning to stay onsite at Universal for the 1st time on our May 2013 trip, but have never done club level at any hotel. Just want to see if it is worth it since the City Walk is so close and has so many restaurants that we want to try.

15. damo

damo Proud Redhead

If you have voracious teenagers, then it is probably worth it. Otherwise, stick to the standard rooms and enjoy your meals around the resort!

16. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

If there are not a lot of guests in Rph club lounge this week, I will try to take pictures of the offerings for you.

They open at 7:00 in the morning this week.

I usually go to Islands dining room for their breakfast buffet, but will check the lounge first for picture taking.

17. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

If you have dietary restrictions or are more park focussed rather than willing to go out of your way to be at the lounge, the value is dubious IMO.

We are vegetarian so evening door was absolutely useless, and we have to avoid things based on corn syrup which put most other foods off limits, including the evil(to our family) smuckers uncrustables.

Eating food from the lounge made us late all mornings but one; that morning we were late because DS misplaced his new wand and we had to find it. Coming back to the lounge was annoying for us because we are PARK people. Etc.

Just my thoughts!