RP my thoughts

CPM

<font color=blue>Stands up in the Spider-Man ride
I thought I'd write a thread on my thoughts instead of answering all the different thread questions, hope thsi helps anyone!
My thoughts on Royal Pacific.
We arrive early at around noon (early for me). There isn't a line, we go right up to the front desk. I check in, they deny my Amex. So I ask to call Amex because this is impossible! They can't get through to Amex, I call my DH who is in Boston on business, he calls Amex, all is good with Amex. They make me wait for about a half hour more, trying to get through to Amex. Anyway, I go get my sister to ask if I can borrow her CC. When I get back they apologize * say it was their computer system. So she gives me two days worth of free breakfasts, and six free bar drinks for my troubles. The rest of check-in was fine, no upgrades available since the resort was sold out.
Our room is very nice but smaller then HRH or PBH, about the same as a Disney moderate but with two queen beds. We overlooked the river & the Hulk. Which is fine, Rooms have creamy beige walls, one red wall with a wood carved window to the vanity area which is separate from the toilet & shower. Closet is large, and there are six dresser drawers. A mini bar & coffee maker. A table two chairs, one more extra chair. No cozy comforter! :( All & all a very nice room. I like the way they do the bell hop. You get a ticket & are assigned a bell hop, not this crap of having to tip the one who puts it in your car then the one that takes it up, just one guy.
The lobby is very pretty, very South Seas, lots of carvings, flowers and elephants. Between the lobby & the beautiful Orchid Lounge there is an outdoor area with a pool, fountains, and elephants, very serene.
The orchid lounge is pretty with comfy couches, a coffee bar, a small overpriced menu and drinks. It would have been nice if they had a menu that went along with the Cappuccino & coffee they serve. Maybe even some sandwiches. This would be a great lounge for high tea someday.
Jakes Bar, a pub type restaurant with sandwiches, salads, appetizers. Nothing special. I had a Caesar, and a club sandwich, food was typical not much to rave about. They have a bar attached & they had a singer supposed to 40's type music and people can take turns getting up to sing.
The Island buffet. Of course even with all our free breakfast coupons we missed breakfast! :( We had dinner one night. The adult buffet was $24.50, children's is $3.99. They have stir fry, pork, fish, rice dishes, salad & dessert. It was very good. The kids have their own buffet, pizza, chick fingers, Mac & cheese, just okay. They have theme nights Thurs. Fri. & Sat. Character nights Mon. & Tues.
The Bula bar & grille at the pool offers typical over priced burgers, hot dogs, chicken fingers a fish wrap & salads. The burger was good but geez it was $9.50! They do have a children's menu which for two days I didn't know about, so make sure you ask. Pool specialty drinks are a whopping $8.25!!!!!!!!! It's like give us a break! $4.00 & up for beer. We ordered Pizza Hut for the kids the first night, they delivered right to the room. I saw a lot of people eating outside pizza at the pool. Maybe they should smarten up & lower some of their prices. I'm really not one to complain about prices but really they are not even good sized portions.
All & all I was disappointed with the food choices & prices, I thought this would be more family orientated. But now I know. The food choices are much better at PBH! We did eat there one night at Mama Dellas, it was excellent.
As far as the staff. They couldn't be more helpful & friendly! My son made a bunch of friends with the staff! He played Bell hop one night, then a girl built sandcastles with him yesterday at the pool & a life guard was in the pool playing with all the kids. I had to use lot & found, left a package with the manager for someone to pick up, got a late check out & had my luggage stored. All went well. The only people who screwed up were the turn down service maids. Never got it, and we really needed towels which finally came after midnight two of the nights. Our Lowe's First complimentary wine was delivered promptly after check in, and it was one of my favorites Kendall Jackson Cabernet!
The pool is huge, it's zero entry. They kids play area is adorable! It's a cruise ship with water sprays everywhere! There are two hot tubs and a sandy area too. There is a small beach area with a few lounge chairs and a volleyball court.
I saw the luaua area, tables chairs & a fire pit. No cover?
Putting green, simple & small.
Business are is near the convention center far if you're in tower one or two.
Parking is close & free from what I can tell so far. At least I didn't get charged.
The walk to IOA is only about 10 minutes! Great! And Margaritaville is very close, which is a good food option, or drink option!
We used the shuttle to get to PBH and US, very easy & quick especially with all the rain.
We used the health club showers & lockers on our last day after check out. It's very nice. They have a sauna, whirlpool & steam room also Very nice after a rainy day (or four).
I did enjoy my stay especially only paying $109.00 p.n.. I'm looking forward to my August trip which hopefully I'll be able to see it in the sunshine! :)
Any other questions feel free to ask!
Cheryl

I can relate to that CC problem, CPM. I had that problem at Disney. Left a real nasty taste in my mouth...

Great review! I'm not surprised that your little boy made friends with the staff, contrary to popular belief he IS an angel!! :p

one quick question if you happen to know, ressies needed for the character meals and could our daughter whom would no way want to eat from the adults menu be able to pay as a child and eat off their buffett at 14yrs old??

Sounds like you had a nice time Cheryl! I was wondering if you know what tower the Club rooms are in and what does that building face (front or back)? Do any of the towers face (front or back) the highway? We have ressie's for 3 nights in August at RPR, Club floor. Thanks ;)

RobinLyn

good question eazy...hope CPM has some info on this, my son is only 14 years old and doesn't really eat adult portions.

Okay, tower three is where club level is, it's also the covention center side. It looked like the rooms face the pool, the highway or convention center parking. All towers have three different views. The towers are kind of "Y" shaped. I'm also staying club level in August. I think we are planning a meet that week.
I also have a 14 year old that eats like a bird. I was going to ask the same question but they handed her a children's menu so I didn't have to ask,(she look s10). I can't imagine it's a problem.
As far as ressies, I would make a reservation. we made them the day of. The resort is sold out for a while, so the restaurants were busy.
Any other ???'s

Thanks for the info. I think you answered all my questions, bummer about the cabana's, I guess we'll be hanging out at the HRH our last day!!! We wont be heading to the RPR until October, hopefully things will be nice and smooth by then.

Patty

One more thing I just thought of that I really liked in the room, was all the lights were on dimmers. I thought it was a really nice touch. I especaially liked the lights over the beds, they illuminated dragonflies when lit. And there was a cool chinese lantern type light on the dresser.

thanks for the very detailed report!!! Sounds like you had a very nice time. I agree I am not one to complain to much about prices but 8.25 :earseek: mercy!!!

Originally posted by LisaMc
Can you tell me which characters are at these dinners? Thanks.

We saw Scoobie & Shaggy, not sure if there were others because we came at the tail end.

Hi,

Could you give me some info on the Childrens pool area? Is this a separate pool area from the zero entry of the main pool? How deep/big was the area?

Thanks! Just trying to figure out if my non-swimming 4 year old would like it?

Originally posted by chris1gill
Hi,
Could you give me some info on the Childrens pool area? Is this a separate pool area from the zero entry of the main pool? How deep/big was the area?
Thanks! Just trying to figure out if my non-swimming 4 year old would like it?

They do have a kiddie pool, it's gated in. It can't be more then two feet deep & 20 feet across. It also has a sandcastle play area within the gated area and maybe 15 lounge chairs.
The play area with the ship is kind of separate from the zero entry pool also. I mean I guess they can play in it if they can't swim, you have to go down a ramp to get in the pool. You can probably take him in there to play.

Sounds like you had a great time Cheryl!! I wonder if the high prices are a reflection of the fact they're expecting alot of conventioneers (sp?) on expense accounts?

Thanks for posting!!

Originally posted by nhrenee
Sounds like you had a great time Cheryl!! I wonder if the high prices are a reflection of the fact they're expecting alot of conventioneers (sp?) on expense accounts?

Thanks for posting!!

that is exactly what I was thinking!!!

Originally posted by nhrenee
Thanks for posting!!

You know, My husband was just saying the same thing. We wrote a letter anyway to the manager, most of it was good thoughts, but I did let him know that we weren't happy about the high prices of the food & drinks. Trust me Renee it was no PBH!! In fact I have club booked at RP for August but for $10.00 more we can stay at PBH, I'm contemplating it!
Although with this last trip for $99.00 you can't beat it!

CPM-

I echo your thoughts about the staff. They really went out of their way to be friendly. As you walk through the lobby someone greets you with a smile every few feet it seems like! I've never felt so special at any hotel before. I agree the drink prices at the pool were outrageous:confused: We only ordered one drink before we wised up. Wouldn't it be better to sell 2 reasonably priced drinks to your customers instead of one that makes them choke when they pay and swear "No More!"

We never had any meals at the resort but we did visit Trattoria Del Porto at PBH with Entertainment Card discount. It was wonderful and they were so nice to the kids, too. My son barely touched his food (typical 4 year old) and they just volunteered to remove the charge from the bill!! That's the first time we have ever had that happen. Club level at RPR will save you a ton of money on breakfast and drinks. It will also make you feel like a Queen (or King) definitely give it a try. Our view faced out to the future luau area. Once the luaus are operating it would be a nice view of the show. There was a highway out there but mainly you notice the garens and palm trees when you look out. At Jake's bar there is a wonderful outside area by a hidden waterfall where you can unwind. After our kids were asleep we retreated there to plan our next park day with maps, etc...

My non swimming 4 year old loved the interactive pool area. It is easy to lose a little one in that area so bring or use a life jacket or some kind of flotation for safety. You will NOT be able to keep a child corraled at the kiddie pool for very long. I think they had free life jackets but we brought our own. The life guards were excellent though.

Originally posted by Debbie7452
CPM-

At Jake's bar there is a wonderful outside area by a hidden waterfall where you can unwind. After our kids were asleep we retreated there to plan our next park day with maps, etc...

Oh we ate out there, it was really pretty! I love the way they lit up the waterfall. It would be a great place to take a bottle of wine & relax after the restaurant closes.

Sounds cool to be able to see the Hulk from your room. Could you just see a little of the coaster or the whole course? How was the express pass situation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter