• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Royal Suite Questions

SfxHector

Earning My Ears
Hello I am in need of some help. I am taking my son on a cruise for his birthday and I would like to know if birthday parties can be arranged. Can anything be done to make the party special? We hope to be in a royal suite, can the concierge cater a birthday party?

Also if anyone has any information about what makes the royal suites different from an ordinary stateroom or suite that would be greatly appreciated! Thank-you very much!

Hello and welcome to the DIS!

I have read that people have coordinated birthday parties for their children in various areas of the ship - sometimes in one of the restaurants during an hour when it is closed for meals, for instance.

On the suites, there are three levels. The CAT 3s have a living room area and a separate bedroom, with 2 full baths. We've done this one and the extra space was awesome! The CAT 2s are two full bedrooms with a living area and the CAT 1s are either the Roy Disney or the Walt Disney suites - also two full bedrooms, a separate "study" and a separate living/dining area. The verandas on all of these are much larger, too. With any of the suites you get concierge service - early opportunity to make on-board reservations, a concierge meet when you board for additional reservations, a full itinerary provided of all of your daily events, and they provide you with some sort of "treat" each night - petit fours, color pages/crayons or arcade cards for kids, etc. In the CAT 1s and I think CAT 2s, you also get complimentary soda/water kept up all of the time in your stateroom. In the CAT 3 you get an initial stock.

I am sure that the concierge would gladly help you arrange a party for your son - several people in the CAT 1s have actually hosted parties in their staterooms, so that's a possibility, too.

Good luck!

The Cat 1's also have a third half bath in the hallway and a galley food prep area. And, there is actually a full living room, full dining room (seats 8 I think) and, in the Walt, another living area called the media room. The concierge is more than happy to help plan a party in the royal suites...we had a party for DIS'ers in ours and we were nicely taken care of by the concierge and room service staff.

I didn't know there was a food preparation area. Anyway that is great to have. Thank-you so much! :cheer2:

SfxHector said:
I didn't know there was a food preparation area. Anyway that is great to have. Thank-you so much! :cheer2:

It's a nice size room, but it's just a counter, mini fridge and sink and on the other side of the wall in the living room is a counter, mini fridge and sink. :confused3 We used it as the luggage storage room.

Can you access the counter in the living room from the food prep area?
Thanks so much! ::MickeyMo

SfxHector said:
Can you access the counter in the living room from the food prep area?
Thanks so much! ::MickeyMo

No, sorry. The catering station is a little nook all on its own....wall separates the 2 areas.

Thats okay, it's great to have an area where you can store luggage or prepare food.It's kind of like a pantry. Thank-you!

I finally found some pix that should help. :wave:

Butler's Pantry
82246Walt_butler_kitchen-med.jpg

Wet Bar
82246walt_wetbar-med.jpg

Dining Room
82246walt_dining-med.jpg

Living Room
82246walt_living-med.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter