Royal rooms at port Orleans Riverside, question?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by DonnaDuck333, Apr 18, 2013.

1. DonnaDuck333

DonnaDuck333 Mouseketeer

First are there double beds or Queen since the renovations. Also is it central air conditioning or a wall unit? And if anyone has ever stayed there is it as special as it looks on some pics here. Only would stay one night as we need to book this before our 11 day vacation at AKL... Your help is appreciated.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Dixiemom

Dixiemom DIS Veteran

Queen beds and I am prettyy sure it is central air. Have never stayed there but have done lots of research :)

4. boscov

boscov Mouseketeer

All beds in POR are now queens, so yes they are queens. It is a motion sensor wall unit for an air conditioner. As far as being special, I would say that's up to you. I would say for one night, yes it would be worth it. I would say for anyone interested in the royal rooms, it's worth a stay once.

5. DonnaDuck333

DonnaDuck333 Mouseketeer

My kids are 19 and 25, lol!!! They are such great kids, and work so hard with working and college and hardly no play time. They are hard core students. wanted to start the vacation on a magical and over the top disney experience for them. Their father and I just want a nice place to sleep off the 28 hour drive,Lol!!! Thank you, hoping the wall unit filters is clean regularly , because I am wicked allergic to mold spores...

6. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

AC is the big box unit under the window just like at any other mod. Queen beds.

Personally, I don't think the Royal Rooms are worth the money. IMO, the money is better spent on preferred rooms or not spent at all. Royal Rooms are in a fairly remote location. They are a short walk to POFQ and a fair walk across the bridge to the main buildings, but a hike from the main pool. Plus, since the room has subtleties of princess flair, I think its best suited for older kids who would appreciate the nuances. Younger kids tend to overlook that stuff. I have heard younger kids are enchanted with the headboards for about 5 minutes and then that's that.

All that being said, I love POR and if royal rooms were the only room category available when I was traveling, I would choose that before switching resorts.

7. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Love POR! We stayed in the mansion section each time. Last time was in refurbed room in Acadian House. Very nice. They did put in new AC units that have wall thermostat.
    If you book a royal room I'd suggest requesting Oak Manor. Good central location. We felt Parterre Place was to far from main pool.

I'd love to try a Royal Room!

8. DonnaDuck333

DonnaDuck333 Mouseketeer

Thank You :thumbsup2.... very helpful, did I mention my children are 19 and 25,Lol!!! they need a little disney magic too, they work so hard and it will be funny to see there faces as we will be actually staying at AKL after our one night stay at Port Orleans Riverside...