ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Macraven, I was hoping it could be true. Next question for the night before we need a room. It has to be clean and safe but it is just to sleep for the night before we move to RPR. Any suggestions?

We've had a few friends stay at Doubletree Suites across the street from Universal or a little bit down the road is Drury Inn.......always gets good reviews.

Our set of friends really like Doubletree and stay there for a portion of their trip every couple of months.

any of those listed above will be fine and reasonable on price.

doubletree is closer to the UO hotels.

I have a question about check in. We will be arriving early the morning of check in to grab our passes and go to the parks. Do we just go ahead and park the car in the parking lot across from the front desk area and go in and "check in"? Or pull up and check in then go park. I didn't know if they have a parking pass that we have to display in order to park in the lot.

Pull up to the main entrance and then check in. You will need a room key to access the parking lot across the street.

Last edited:

You don't need a room key to get in to the parking lot for the first time......press the buzzer and tell them you are just checking in and they will open the barrier for you.

Very true, guess I should have prefaced what I said with the way I prefer to check in. Nothing like pulling up to the front of RPR for the first time each visit.

I will probably do the same too. I always feel a little anxious going to a new place for the first time. So excited to try this resort. I am hoping that even though we will be going during spring break that we can still have a enough time out of the park to take it in.

You can park first. When you pull up to the gate you will press the button and it will give you a paper parking pass. This would be for day guests and you can toss it. After you check in your room key will work.

We used to pull up to the front years ago but now we just go self park and leave our stuff in the vehicle.

Hello! My husband and I are longtime Disney fans ... but we're planning a trip next spring to Universal because I desperately want to experience the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. :) One son in particular is also a huge Potter fan and we're working on the other one. ;) (The same kid is also obsessed with Jurassic Park and Marvel right now.) The husband and I have visited Universal a while ago (2003, maybe?), but this is the first time the boys will visit, and it's the first time we're staying on site.

I feel like I'm cheating on Disney. :) But that's not stopping us!

We're looking at Royal Pacific. I'm going to be working my way through this thread (and doing a ton of research otherwise, as well), but I wondered ... is the walk to IOA really as short as it seems? It's a major selling point for us.

Also, we're considering a club room. Thoughts/feelings? Worth it for the perks?

So excited to be heading back to Orlando!

Yes the walk is really that short to the parks, from RP to Margaritaville usually 5 minutes or less. Maybe 8 minutes or so altogether to the gate. Few minutes more to Studios, and there is the boat of course.

With Club, depends what you think is value for money.......

I just noticed that the hotel is "sold out" during our stay 1/19-1/23/16. This is our 1st time at UO, and I'm curious if this is an omen regarding ease of touring the parks. Perhaps there is a convention at the hotel that won't really affect wait times, restaurants, etc.

Any insight from regulars?

I just noticed that the hotel is "sold out" during our stay 1/19-1/23/16. This is our 1st time at UO, and I'm curious if this is an omen regarding ease of touring the parks. Perhaps there is a convention at the hotel that won't really affect wait times, restaurants, etc.

Any insight from regulars?

It is sold out for our dates also which is Dec 5-9, along with hard rock and portfolio. I was tempted to change to a cabana bay because it would cost us half as much, but really afraid that parks will be busy and we will want the front of the line passes.

Anyone know if club rooms will be renovated by February of 2016? Don't really want to pay those prices without a renovated room. thanks

As far as the club room, we're interested in the ability to feed our two bottomless pits without springing for breakfast every morning. :D Same for nighttime snacks and water for the parks and ... OK, I'll admit it, a glass of wine after a long day wouldn't go amiss.

Anyone know what the lounge includes besides the food offerings? Any games, things for kids to do, etc.?

Anyone know if club rooms will be renovated by February of 2016? Don't really want to pay those prices without a renovated room. thanks

They should be. Either way all rooms are nice, old and new.

This is the first time staying at RPR and renting a car. How much is it to self park? I thought it was 25 but want to be certain TIA

Your choice of self or valet parking is available at our Premier or Preferred on-site hotels:Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel® and Loews Royal Pacific Resort and Loews Sapphire Falls Resort..

Overnight Guests
Self Parking: $20 plus tax per night
Valet Parking: $27 plus tax per night

Day Guests
Self Parking: $22 plus tax
Valet Parking: $32 plus tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter