Royal Pacific Resort Doesn't Disappoint!!!!

We stayed at RPR back in 2009 and loved every minute of it - the theming, the service, the beautiful pool with drink service. We are now in the planning stages for our next trip, and RPR will definitely be a big part of it!

i've stayed at rpr first in 2005.
each time i stay there, it seems like the first time.

it's always exciting to stay there!

Thanks for the review. We'll be making our first trip to Universal this September and are staying at RPR after I think eight days at Disney. So nice to hear good things about where we're going.

At first, we were so confused by the layout and that altered my opinion of the place, but the staff was great. the pool was great. the walk to the parks was awesome! I have often thought about trying one of the other two resorts when we go back, but after thinking about it more... I see no need.

I'm very happy to read this. My friend and I went back and forth for days before we decided on RPR for our first USO trip. Since then, I've read multiple comments mentioning how great it is. Can't wait!

I'm so happy to read this! We will be going in a few weeks and our first day we got a cabana to sit and hang by the pool - you make me even more excited for drinks by the pool! It looks like such a pretty resort and it's location seems nice. Did you take water taxis or walk to the parks? Thanks!

So glad to read this, was deciding between RPR and PBR, We have been to PBR without kids and I thought it was nice but not very fun. Going with 4 teens, after reading peoples responses we decided to give RPR a try! Can't wait for August!!!

I've been looking at the Universal resorts, but do they really charge you $22 per day parking?

I've been looking at the Universal resorts, but do they really charge you $22 per day parking?

Yes they do.

It's actually per night, so you get 2 full days parking for that price providing you leave before midnight on the second day........not bad when you factor that in.

Cabana Bay is cheaper.

Last edited:
Yes they do.

It's actually per night, so you get 2 full days parking for that price providing you leave before midnight on the second day........not bad when you factor that in.

Cabana Bay is cheaper.

I am looking there as well. I don't know if I'm going to get a car or not but yikes!

add in tax to that parking fee amount

i use car service and it is a lot less than the over $354 i would spent just on parking at the hotel.

throw in my plane fare and it still is cheaper than taking my car to florida.

i use car service and it is a lot less than the over $354 i would spent just on parking at the hotel.

Jeeze I'm only looking at 2 nights either before or after Disney. I'll see how much it ends up being but I might end up doing Uber instead.

if you are going to the darkside and staying at the deluxe, you would only have a one night parking charge.
$22 + tax.

your charges are based on being in the lot up to midnight.
you arrive and spend the night and the next night.
on the last park day, you would be out of the parking lot before midnight, therefore no charge for that part of your stay.

if you are going to the darkside and staying at the deluxe, you would only have a one night parking charge.
$22 + tax.

your charges are based on being in the lot up to midnight.
you arrive and spend the night and the next night.
on the last park day, you would be out of the parking lot before midnight, therefore no charge for that part of your stay.

Interesting. I'd probably get there one day (no park) then stay overnight and do a park one full day, then stay overnight and do a park but check out of the hotel and leave that evening. However I would be going in and out that first day.

I still might Uber to tell the truth. I don't really need to shop. But I am seriously considering doing CB as I don't really see the value in the express pass if it's not good on the HP rides and I'm going in January/February.

I just like the looks of Hard Rock and Royal Pacific.

mac, what does the car service from MCO to UO cost round trip for a family of 4?

Is there a car rental company close to UO for a 1 day rental?

TIA!!!

mac, what does the car service from MCO to UO cost round trip for a family of 4?

Is there a car rental company close to UO for a 1 day rental?

TIA!!!

at all 5 hotels at UO, there is Hertz company onsite.
at Double Tree area on Major blvd, you have Avis rentals
Budget is near Holiday Inn on Kirkman
Enterprise is on universal blvd.

those are the ones i thought of first.
i only have a partial list

some of them will pick you up to get the car and drop you back at your hotel once you return the rental.

private car service charges vary with the company.
they can range from $100 for round trip plus tax to $165 plus tax for the same ride.
mco to hotel and back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter