Royal Me This, Royal Me That ~ Disney in December, How About That? *Update 6-1* P26

That was just GREAT!!!! I bet those pictures are just priceless!!!!!

Hey TK - I'm home sick today. :guilty: Which of course means time to :surfweb: . Loved the TR thus far. Yacht Club looks awesome, as did the Osbourne Family Lights. (I REALLY gotta get down there at Christmas some year.)

That was just GREAT!!!! I bet those pictures are just priceless!!!!!

They are. Isn't that one of the best parts about Disney trips? Those priceless moments captured on film! :goodvibes

Hey TK - I'm home sick today. :guilty: Which of course means time to :surfweb: . Loved the TR thus far. Yacht Club looks awesome, as did the Osbourne Family Lights. (I REALLY gotta get down there at Christmas some year.)

Hi there! I feel honored to have you here, I know you've been on ZZUB's reports and I've enjoyed your comments. :goodvibes

:welcome:

Sorry to hear you're sick, but it does offer some excellent DIS time. :thumbsup2

HRH and I took our time heading back to France. He was still a bit sleepy, having just been awakened by Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy.

When we got to France, I didn't see Mom and Nana yet, but I did see this lovely lady.

DisDec08-1232-1.jpg

I tried to get HRH to take a picture, but he wasn't interested, and I don't push. So I took a picture with her instead. And it was quite lovely. I told her my little prince was very shy, but I would love a photo with her. As we left, she told him to be sure to slay some dragons. It was very, very sweet.

In my notes here guys, I have "wall."

As in, someone hit one. I believe if I can recall correctly, that someone was me. Although HRH was certainly not in his best form, having just woken up, I was just done.

It was about 430, and we were about an hour and half early for our reservation. We met Mom and Nana and I told them I was hungry. You would think I would have thought to feed myself, but I didn't want to spoil dinner. I was starving, my blood sugar had plummeted, and I was cranky. And HRH was cranky. And it was cold outside. And I was tired.

Are you following me, people?

The pirate high had worn off. We were back to the royal way of doing things, and the royal way of doing things was to see if we could get into Chefs early. So my mother, bless her, worked her way up to the podium, explained this situation, and we were told we could wait. Which I totally expected. We all decided to avail ourselves of the restroom, and as we were coming out, but who did we see?

The manager of Chefs de France.

And, keep in mind, I'm with Mom and Nana.

They know the manager. He regularly brings them a round of cocktails before their meals to cleanse their palettes. He sits them at his table.

Savvy?

The royal ladies have some pirate connections.

So much so that the waiting we thought we would have to do? No.

Phillipe, the lovely manager, had us seated tout suite. At his table.

And yes, you read that right. My cranky little self and the royal entourage bypassed that whole line of people waiting and got in for dinner early. Part of me felt really, really badly, and part of me...the part that was starving...just didn't care. And that should tell you exactly how hungry I was.

Now, we'd received some sad news from Phillipe upon our arrival. Mom and Nana's regular waiter had sadly passed away. I felt so badly for my mother. She and Nana were quite shocked (he was not very old) and my mother actually teared up a bit. She pulled herself together quickly, not wanting to upset HRH, I'm sure, and determined to have a good meal. I however, could tell she was upset. I mean, this was their waiter. When Mom and Nana really like a waiter, they become like family. Much like Ganni was at the Brown Derby, so was this waiter at Chefs.

Our waitress was lovely. Our table was a bit uneven, and it wobbled, and she actually got down on the floor to fix it by wedging something underneath the shorter part. How nice was that? And she had to do it more than once, bless her. She was very, very sweet.

And let us go at Mom and Nana's pace.

Which is slow.

Painfully slow. I love them. Okay? I love them very, very much. But I have to demand bread. Or some sort of sustenance, or I'm going to die. DIE, people! I was so hungry. Maybe in the future I should worry more about snacks for me than for HRH considering he barely ate anything I offered him.

Anyway, we did get bread fairly quickly. And Phillipe's table had a great view. When you first walk in, if you hang a left, and keep walking straight until you can't walk anymore, you'll hit a more private dining area. We were over there, by the windows. Which was great for me, because I love to people watch, and great for HRH because he had plenty to look at.

Now HRH was being pretty good. But he wouldn't stop with the something new something different. And he was a bit loud while he was playing with his cars. I should add that he was half in, half out of his seat, over by the window ledge. But never, ever running around. Never, ever away from the table. Just a little boy, playing with his cars in a designated area that technically, belonged to us during our dinner. And while this wouldn't have mattered if we were seated in the section where they put all the kids, let's just say that being at Phillipe's table meant we had the only toddler in the room. I saw one older child (ten - twelve) later, but we had the youngest one.

Let me emphasize. HRH was not bad. He was a little boy, and he was playing with his cars, and he was a little bit loud. Not crazy loud, I don't stand for that, but loud enough for me to be getting dirty looks from this table across from us.

The. Whole. Time. I. Was. There.

Dirty looks. And I tried to get him to quiet down. And Mom and Nana kept telling me I was being too hard on him. Well, Mom did. Nana just tried to play with him and distract him in that very subtle Nana way that she has. God, I love her. She's so good with my son. I think if grandchildren are a blessing, then great-grandchildren must be even more so. That's the feeling you get from her and HRH. They're blessed in each other's company.

And there are the people. Staring at my pretty normally behaved, albeit slightly loud little boy. And this is not a quiet restaurant. Nor was it a late time. We're taking 500 by the time we got seated. It's not like I had a loud toddler in the middle of a signature restaurant at 800 at night, savvy?

I was tired. I was hungry. And I was disgusted.

I couldn't get HRH to listen to me.

I couldn't get those people to stop staring at me.

And I couldn't put it aside. I was exhausted, and letting it all get to me.

Up next - Did we salvage the meal?

Oh---I HATE when OTHERS put their judging eyes upon you and decide what type of parent you are and thus what type of child yours is or is not just by what they perceive and what may be annoying them. UGH!!! There have been too many times in my life when Megan has become overwhelmed with sensory input and starts to meltdown, and the looks that people give us are RIDICULOUS!!!! I wish I could wear a sign that explained the situation so that they could understand, but the judgment comes anyway---and IT SO RUINS my day! I feel for you sweetie! I'm sure he was being a sweet little prince---how dare they treat you otherwise!

Oh---I HATE when OTHERS put their judging eyes upon you and decide what type of parent you are and thus what type of child yours is or is not just by what they perceive and what may be annoying them. UGH!!! There have been too many times in my life when Megan has become overwhelmed with sensory input and starts to meltdown, and the looks that people give us are RIDICULOUS!!!! I wish I could wear a sign that explained the situation so that they could understand, but the judgment comes anyway---and IT SO RUINS my day! I feel for you sweetie! I'm sure he was being a sweet little prince---how dare they treat you otherwise!

Thank you so much, hon! :hug:

You know I'd be the first to admit if he was not behaving. But the fact of the matter is, he really was. Nothing about him was out of line or inappropriate for a restaurant. And better to have him playing with his cars at our table than whining and fussing and ruining other people's meals, you know? I think if you have that much time to stare at my child, then obviously, something's amiss. Unfortunately, I didn't have that wisdom at the time. :confused3

I would guess that these people who stared at you the whole time are the same ones that fly on a discount airline to Orlando and are disgusted that there are children on the flight. I know the themeing is really good but someone should have told them that they really weren't in Paris, they were at Disney World.

I would guess that these people who stared at you the whole time are the same ones that fly on a discount airline to Orlando and are disgusted that there are children on the flight. I know the themeing is really good but someone should have told them that they really weren't in Paris, they were at Disney World.

Thank you, Heidi! Where's the applause smilie?

In all seriousness, that pretty much summed up how I felt. We were in a (very nice) restaurant in a (lovely) theme park. Perspective, people. :sad2:

Self-righteous, critical people really ruffle my feathers. Grrrr.

I was actually going to say exactly what Heidi said -- fancy restaurant or not, you were at Disney World for crying out loud. Children are expected to be seen and heard there. It's not like it was Victoria and Albert's.

I am sorry that their rudeness ruined the beginning of your meal. I hope it gets better.

Awww...TK I'm sorry you had to deal with those people!! As someone said if they actually had the time to pay that much attention to you and your table something wasn't quite right!! I can tell you know I only remember a handful of moments of tables near me when dining and they are all good memories, I was wrapped up in my own little world!!

Either way I really hope you got to enjoy some of your meal and it wasn't completely wasted for you!

Oh--I also wanted to add that I am so sorry to hear about your Mom and Nana's favorite waiter passing---how sad indeed!

Give me a break, people!

People...You are in DISNEY WORLD!

DIS. NEY. WORLD!

Where there are kids...lots and lots of kids. Tired kids. And tired parents! Even if he was misbehaving, they should still get over it.

Shees. :faint:

Oh--I also wanted to add that I am so sorry to hear about your Mom and Nana's favorite waiter passing---how sad indeed!

Thank you so much. :hug:

Give me a break, people!

People...You are in DISNEY WORLD!

DIS. NEY. WORLD!

Where there are kids...lots and lots of kids. Tired kids. And tired parents! Even if he was misbehaving, they should still get over it.

Shees. :faint:

Thanks! You guys are really making me feel a lot better. I know when I'm hungry like that I'm not in my right mind. But I know I was not hyper-sensitive. And it wasn't just one person. Both women in the party gave me the evil eye the whole time. The gentleman they were with had his back to us, so for all I knew, he didn't care.

Add me to the list of people saying it's Disney World for goodness sakes! And 5pm. Oy vey!! Sorry they got to you. I hope that the meal gets better! :goodvibes

Add me to the list of people saying it's Disney World for goodness sakes! And 5pm. Oy vey!! Sorry they got to you. I hope that the meal gets better! :goodvibes

One of the things that really burned me was that if we'd been in the main room with all the other families with kids, you'd never have even noticed him. It was quite loud in there, and he would have been like every other kid eating dinner.

One of the things that really burned me was that if we'd been in the main room with all the other families with kids, you'd never have even noticed him. It was quite loud in there, and he would have been like every other kid eating dinner.

some people just don't get. Like everyone else has said Disney is for kids, yeah there's adult stuff there too, but it's for kids. :sad2: I hope you didn't let them put a damper on your dinner. (at least not too much)

some people just don't get. Like everyone else has said Disney is for kids, yeah there's adult stuff there too, but it's for kids. :sad2: I hope you didn't let them put a damper on your dinner. (at least not too much)

Thank you. And you have posted here before? If not, :welcome: And if you have, :welcome: again! :goodvibes And can I just say that I love your siggie with the Stitch? So cute!

Ahhhh...my sweet, sweet Kitty Kat. (Or Bruce's sweet Kitty Kat but being that what's his is mine and what's mine is mine, er, I mean his, I figure I can use his pet name for you.)

I am...

FULLY.
CAUGHT.
UP.

First, thanks for the shout out:
I remember when the intro video started and all I could think of was Tink. Except nobody in my crowd was whispering about who the narrator was.

Who's Puddy? It's Kronk all the way, baby.

Second, I know in our own conversations we've discussed the probability of your visiting the World again at Christmas time, but add to the list of "Trips to the World TK and Tink MUST Take Together" (Carp. Enough T's for ya?):

*Weekend Trip to See the Osborne Lights

Third, girl, thank you for getting your food, er, ART on. I'm hungry.

And finally, I'm really looking forward to the conclusion of the Chefs de France chapter. First, to see your food and second, to see if, as a pirate, anyone ended up screaming, "Man overboard!"

Now, I know your son.
I've eaten with your son.
TWICE.
And I can vouch for TK when she says he's a normal boy of almost four, doing normal boy things, at a normal boy volume. Those other diners should be thankful Auntie Tink was not there. Disney Dining is not only for adults. I mean it's not like you were sitting at the Chef's Table at Victoria & Albert's for carp's sake. So those dirty looks you were getting? Mhmm. Auntie Tink's dirty looks have been known to make a cactus wither.

BRING IT.

Looking forward to more, babe. Sunday perhaps?

Thank you. And you have posted here before? If not, :welcome: And if you have, :welcome: again! :goodvibes And can I just say that I love your siggie with the Stitch? So cute!

Why thank you all around TK. I have posted here before, and I read some of your other TR's and really enjoyed them. and I'm enjoying this one. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter