Royal High Tea on the Fantasy!

Sorry everyone, I have been laid up on the couch since yesterday. I think I brought the flu home with me. I feel like I have been hit by a truck but no fever. Weird. I have uploaded the pics to photobucket and I plan on uploading them on here either tonight or tomorrow.

In regards to what a pp posted, our tea did not include picking out a dress, etc. Nor was there any mention of doing it in the future.

Sorry everyone, I have been laid up on the couch since yesterday. I think I brought the flu home with me. I feel like I have been hit by a truck but no fever. Weird. I have uploaded the pics to photobucket and I plan on uploading them on here either tonight or tomorrow.

In regards to what a pp posted, our tea did not include picking out a dress, etc. Nor was there any mention of doing it in the future.

Well, like you mentioned, they were doing a practice run of the actual tea party portion. I think they have the BBB routine down pat, lol, so they wouldn't need to practice that (or be willing to give away free dresses!) I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Glad you all got to be part of this!

This is something I would consider for my nieces. They will be 6 and 12 when we go. Might be a stretch for the 12 year old but I think she would enjoy the experience. I guess we'll just have to see whether this comes to fruition and the details of it.

Well, like you mentioned, they were doing a practice run of the actual tea party portion. I think they have the BBB routine down pat, lol, so they wouldn't need to practice that (or be willing to give away free dresses!) I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Glad you all got to be part of this!

My 5 year old will loves this.

I love the idea of this. We have considered doing this at the Grand Floridian, but the timing or our hotel location has never quite worked out. Is is expensive, yes? But would if the same were offered at a local city hotel, it would surely be $150+. So I'll pay the additional markup (price gouge). I have one girl and she won't be little for much longer. Love, love, love the ideal the princesses each bringing a charm.

Agree with the previous posters about BBB not being such a great deal for what you get. If the dresses that are shown on the DCL web site are the ones offered at BBB, they are the low quality type that can be bought at Target. I can buy her one at the Disney Store and then give her ringlets(Belle), hair sparkles and lip gloss myself.

Realistically, a Disney Cruise is something that many families can afford - it is a luxury.

I think that the Tea is a neat idea, and for those who are into dolls, or having a special occasion, it might be awesome. We probably won't do it, but that doesn't mean that it is a bad thing - just something we won't do.

Don't you mean that a Disney cruise is something that NOT many families can afford? :flower3:

I love the idea of this. We have considered doing this at the Grand Floridian, but the timing or our hotel location has never quite worked out. Is is expensive, yes? But would if the same were offered at a local city hotel, it would surely be $150+. So I'll pay the additional markup (price gouge). I have one girl and she won't be little for much longer. Love, love, love the ideal the princesses each bringing a charm.

Agree with the previous posters about BBB not being such a great deal for what you get. If the dresses that are shown on the DCL web site are the ones offered at BBB, they are the low quality type that can be bought at Target. I can buy her one at the Disney Store and then give her ringlets(Belle), hair sparkles and lip gloss myself.

My friends daughter just came back from the fantasy and the dress was basically a Disney Store dress with a Disney Parks label. So ALOT better quality than Targets.

My friends daughter just came back from the fantasy and the dress was basically a Disney Store dress with a Disney Parks label. So ALOT better quality than Targets.

Perhaps they paid for the upgraded dress? There does seem to be an option for that. I am going by what is on the DCL page under BBB. The photos displayed are disappointing to say the least:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/s...fantasy/youth-clubs/bibbidi-bobbidi-boutique/

If the dresses that are actually on board are of better quality, one would think that they'd be displayed. We have come home from the Parks with several dresses over the years, and they are much nicer than these.

These pics will be in random order! Hahaha!

Lady Chamomile
229-4.jpg

228-5.jpg

Chef Brulee
227-3.jpg

This pic is taken as the girls leave the tea. Later we received a copy of this pic is a nice book. Luckily dd was smiling in that pic. I'll take a pic of it later.
225-1.jpg

224.jpg

223.jpg

221-1.jpg

218-1.jpg

215.jpg

Cupcakes were served at the end. This was the kids cupcake. Very adorable served in the tea cup. However, the wrapper was a pain in the butt to take off. :lmao:
214-1.jpg

The adult cupcake. Again, the wrapper did not come off easily. I ended up eating mine with a fork out of the wrapper.
213-1.jpg

212.jpg

They had the girls get up and do a little dance around the large table with the princesses.
211.jpg

As each individual princess entered the room, she carried her gifts for the girls in little white baskets.
208-1.jpg

I, for one, love musicals and love Disney music. So I really enjoyed hearing Lady Chamomile and Chef Brulee sing together.
206-1.jpg

I was very underwhelmed by the food. Dd actually only ate her cupcake and drank some of her "tea" which was apple juice. The adults were served chamomile tea of course. The finger foods were just okay. My favorite on the plate was the round ones with powdered sugar on top. Inside was bananas and strawberries. I much prefer the little sandwiches that they use to serve at high tea in Palo.
204-1.jpg

203-1.jpg

202-1.jpg

Dd holding her charm bracelet and necklace.
201-1.jpg

199.jpg

I love her dress!
198-1.jpg

You can see dd's pink tea cup here. The females were served in pink tea cups and the males were served in blue ones.
194-2.jpg

193-2.jpg

192-2.jpg

191-1.jpg

Lady Chamomile greets the girls as they are announced.
"Please welcome Princess Katelyn!"
189-1.jpg

Name card you pick up before entering.
188-1.jpg

187-1.jpg

Hmm, I have to think long and hard about this one if they offer it during our cruise. For the $$$ they could it least offer Palo quality food and tea.

If the are goinng to do this fleet wide I guess that means that the tea with alice and friends will be discontinued and of course that event was free of charge.

Thanks so much for posting pictures! I hope its offered on our sailing in March :goodvibes

Great pix!!!

You get a lot of stuff. A lot more than we got when we did the Princess Tea at the GF, but that was 7 years ago. Also at the GF tea there was only Princess Aurora and "Rose Petal" who acted like the emcee. Kind of like Chamomile did for your party.

We sail tomorrow and I am going to ask at GS when we get on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter