Royal Baby

Discussion in 'UK Community Board' started by manxtatt2, Dec 3, 2012.

1. manxtatt2

manxtatt2 <font color=green>stumbles into room , looks aroun

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jen_uk

jen_uk <font color=6666cc>Eurovision Nut !!<font color=33

Awww lovely news :thumbsup2

4. Trish.Glenn

Trish.Glenn Mouseketeer

Good luck to Kate and the baby!

5. mandymouse

mandymouse <font color=red>If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Moderator

:yay: That's great news :yay:

6. Wills Mom

Wills Mom DIS Veteran

Delighted for them both - nothing beats becoming a parent:) I see she is in hospital with Hyperemesis. After suffering with it myself during my pregnancy I genuinely hope she is ok, it can be very draining and make you totally miserable! I'd like to see someone in her position speak out about the condition and educate people about it!

7. queendisney

queendisney DIS Veteran

Happy for them both BUT its going to drive me potty for the next X amt of months with the press coverage...

Will it be a boy
    will it be a girl
    will it be twins
    will it be called Diana if its a girl
    the odds on other names, with the going back in history to what they may call the baby
    Doesn't Kate look good
    Doesn't Kate look awful
    The low down on EVERYTHING she is wearing throughout the pregnancy...

Lordy...here we go:rotfl:

8. wideeyes

wideeyes <font color=purple>Won't use fake tan, wants to st

I've had it twice and it is an awful illness. Not many people understand it though and call it morning sickness.

9. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

Being an absolute royalist, I am over the moon for them! :)

10. Wills Mom

Wills Mom DIS Veteran

Ooh twice! Thats kinda whats scaring me off having another lol! Labour was a breeze though in comparison, so so so easy! 8 hours of pain compared to 9 months of misery! There's no contest as to which I would choose to re-live. And having it called morning sickness just really annoys me - of all the coverage her pregnancy gets in the press I really hope that some people will focus on this. Its definitely more important than what she wears!!

11. pascalstongue

pascalstongue DIS Veteran

Me too. She isn't even 12 weeks yet so we have many months ahead of speculation about everything. I am very happy for them though.

12. wideeyes

wideeyes <font color=purple>Won't use fake tan, wants to st

Mine are 10 years apart. My baby girl is 5 months so it is still fresh in my mind. I was in hospital 18 times with it. I agree that while i feel sorry that she has it that i hope ithe illness is becomes more understood.

13. Wills Mom

Wills Mom DIS Veteran

Woah 18 times!! I don't think I would have survived that! I was in 3 times for 24 hours on an IV and on 2 other occasions I was kept in for 5 days on an IV. It lasted 20 weeks and after it had gone I was left a size 6-8 and 21lbs lighter and it left behind lots of other problens that lead to hospital stays! It made carrying my son so hard - my sister still says I looked like Bella in Breaking Dawn part 1! Skin and bone and bump, all pale with black marks under my eyes. And I had such low blood pressure I couldn't be left alone cause I kept fainting - added to that I went into early labour on New Years Eve and was on bed rest for the last 10 weeks of my pregnancy its safe to say hyperemesis made pregnancy the most miserable time of my life! My son is worth every second though :) I just wish people knew about this condition - I went to my GP at 8 weeks pregnant and he told me it was normal and that I had to deal with it - a week later I fainted for the first time and ended up in hospital where they gave out to me for not being seen sooner as I could have harmed my child!!! If my GP had taken me more seriously it might not have came to that!!

14. startrekkie

startrekkie Mouseketeer

as I am a royalist too congratulations to Kate and William, I'm sure they will make great parents:):)

15. luke

luke SeƱor Mejor

I'm going to go against the grain here, but I really couldn't care less about a 'royal baby'.
    Sure I'm as happy for them as I am for anyone who is having a baby, but as said above, the media coverage will be unbearable!

Rich, privileged people who have nothing in common with most folk, just like their wedding I don't get the excitement.

:goodvibes

16. meggiebeth

meggiebeth Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow

I'm glad for them, but am dreading all the media coverage. And it most likely will be things like
    'Kate stays stylish even when pregnant' and 'boy or girl... The undiscovered secret' **groan**

Since they've been married people have been basically waiting for this news! The couple must be so excited (I am not really a royalist).

The people that annoy me are Beatrice and Eugenie. They dont do any royal duties and cost a lot... For example with bodyguards. Really? Kate seems to be working so hard on all these tours and things, so I don't really envy her wealth.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

17. torsie24

torsie24 Mummy to a perfect princess.

Lovely news for them. Poor Kate though. :(

I only just got over my morning sickness about 2 weeks ago.

I didn't have hyperemesis, but was sick a couple of times most day and felt like I had the worst hangover in the world for 9 weeks straight.

I can't imagine how you ladies (& Kate &others who've had it) felt when it was even worse. I was at least able to keep about half of my food and fluids down.

I'm excited for the royal baby - just hope they don't steal our name!! ;) I'm also very grateful I'm not in the public eye during pregnancy, at least if I have a day where I don't want to do my hair or make-up people let me get away with it. She'll be hounded non-stop.