Roy or Walt on the Wonder lately ??

pandgedwards

Earning My Ears
Hi I'm wondering if the hair dryers are as bad as everyone is saying ? I've got wavy hair that takes a good dryer to get it straight, shoreside concierge has been no real help, I really don't want a week of bad hair/photos..... Anyone been in one of these rooms lately ??

Can't answer your question, but just remember, with the wind and humidy on a cruise ship, all that blow drying is going to be undone in about 15 minutes.
I mention that because DW and I love to people watch on cruises, and pick out the folks who after a day or two on the ship realize that all that styling is a waste of time. So however your hair is naturally, is going to be how it is in your photos.

pandgedwards said:
Hi I'm wondering if the hair dryers are as bad as everyone is saying ? I've got wavy hair that takes a good dryer to get it straight, shoreside concierge has been no real help, I really don't want a week of bad hair/photos..... Anyone been in one of these rooms lately ??

I wasn't in the Roy or Walt suite, so I'm not sure how they differ, but the hair dryer in my stateroom on my recent Wonder cruise....sucked!

Much different from the one on the Dream. It couldn't be removed from the bathroom...it was very awkward and cumbersome because it had like, vacuum cleaner tubing, with a weird shaped thing at the end that was tricky to hold at different angles. It looked like an attachment you'd add to your vacuum cleaner to clean between the couch cushions! Also, if you kept it on more than two minutes it got HOT. Almost too hot to hold. Fortunately, I have fine hair, so it doesn't take too long to dry...but it was a pain anyway, trying to hold it with my fingertips, to minimize the burn.

Hated it.

Just got off the Magic and they had the horrible hairdryers in the spa as well as the stateroom. I have baby fine hair that usually dries quickly and I gave up and just let it air dry.

Are people not allowed to bring hair dryers? :confused3

On the Dream and Fantasy, they had hair dryers that are similar to mine at home. Normal size and are used at the desk in the room. I found them to be pretty good. My hair is naturally wavy/curly and I straightened my hair each evening for dinner. I have a great product that helps with that and fights humidity. Using a good straightener is important. Also, I always had back up options for my hair, like clips or cute headbands in case my hair didn't cooperate.

I don't know what they offer in the suites :(

DisneyDudet said:
On the Dream and Fantasy, they had hair dryers that are similar to mine at home. Normal size and are used at the desk in the room. I found them to be pretty good. My hair is naturally wavy/curly and I straightened my hair each evening for dinner. I have a great product that helps with that and fights humidity. Using a good straightener is important. Also, I always had back up options for my hair, like clips or cute headbands in case my hair didn't cooperate.

Yes, the Dream/Fantasy have different ones from the Magic/Wonder. I had no idea beforehand...had only ever been on the Dream so just assumed they'd be the same...the contraption I found on the Wonder was "interesting"...looks like it came straight from the 60's or something!

Could you please share the name of the product you use? I have fine, naturally curly hair that makes me look like a dandelion head when the weather's humid. As far as hair dryers on the ships are concerned...the Wonder's contraption is useless for blow drying, the dryer on the Fantasy worked just fine.

I was in the Roy in Dec. The blow dryers in the suites are different than the ones in the regular staterooms. They are regular blow dryers and not ones permanently attached to the wall in the bathrooms of the regular staterooms. I had no problem using the blow dryer.

No, they haven't changed them. Yes, you can bring your own. If you bring your own, though, know that there are no outlets that will accommodate a hair dryer in the bathroom so you will have to go into the bedroom area to plug it in.

Could you please share the name of the product you use? I have fine, naturally curly hair that makes me look like a dandelion head when the weather's humid. As far as hair dryers on the ships are concerned...the Wonder's contraption is useless for blow drying, the dryer on the Fantasy worked just fine.

I LOVE 3 Day Straight by Frizz Ease. It's not cheap $10 for a small spray bottle but it works! I have curly hair that I blow out straight and then use a flat iron. This stuff works GREAT - I was on the Fantasy Western Caribbean last September.....Mexico....95 Degrees....HAIR STAYED STRAIGHT AND SMOOTH!

The 3 Day Straight gets applied to damp hair. Then after I use my hot iron I also use the frizz ease finishing cream. Not sure if it will work for you or not but I love it :) Good Luck!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I was in the Roy in Dec. The blow dryers in the suites are different than the ones in the regular staterooms. They are regular blow dryers and not ones permanently attached to the wall in the bathrooms of the regular staterooms. I had no problem using the blow dryer.

All suites, like Cat S and Cat T, or just the Cat Rs?

The suites on the classic ships have a separate hair dryer that you plug in usually it is stored in one of the drawers where the vanity is situated. I found that it works well and I believe it had some of the plastic attachments with it in the bag. Take it out and plug it in and then you are set like at home.

The suites on the classic ships have a separate hair dryer that you plug in usually it is stored in one of the drawers where the vanity is situated. I found that it works well and I believe it had some of the plastic attachments with it in the bag. Take it out and plug it in and then you are set like at home.

Thank you very much I'm trying to avoid packing too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter