route from MCO

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by luvsTink, Dec 9, 2008.

1. luvsTink

luvsTink DIS Veteran

Hi All,
    Just a few more days! :cool1:
    We will be arriving at MCO at 4:30 on Friday - I assume the I-4 traffic at that time of the day will be less than ideal. Is there another route I should consider?
    Thanks!
    Anne Bacon

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Detailor

Detailor DIS Veteran

You could take 528 (though that route will probably be busy, too) from the airport to the International Drive exit, turn left onto I-Drive, get into a righthand lane and continue toward SeaWorld, turn right onto Central Florida Parkway and go past the SeaWorld entrance, stay to the right and continue straight under the I-4 overpass to the end of Central Florida Parkway, turn right onto Turkey Lake Road and continue to Universal (which will be on the right -turn onto Hollywood Way). Turkey Lake Road parallels I-4.

Dick Taylor

4. Jason71

Jason71 Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Agreed 528 is preferable to I-4 (tho it will cost you $1.50 in tolls)--but much easier and quicker to take exit 2 and go straight up Universal Blvd than mess with I-Drive and Turkey Lake Road.

5. phamton

phamton The Other Orlando Themepark

Turkey Lake is just as bad if not worse than I-4 during rush hour traffic.

6. DOOM1001

DOOM1001 DIS Veteran

Wouldn't it be easier to get off 528 at Universal Blvd.and take that straight into Universal.Universal Blvd.is like a back road to International Drive and definitely has less traffic.

7. patster734

patster734 DIS Veteran

I agree with this. Universal Blvd usually has very little traffic on it.