Rosemary

pamelaz

Meowza
Anyone have any great ideas for rosemary?

I have some growing in the garden and would love to use it for a recipe. Right now I'm just using it for scent...

Thanks! :)

Anyone have any great ideas for rosemary?

I have some growing in the garden and would love to use it for a recipe. Right now I'm just using it for scent...

Thanks! :)

One of my favorites! I use it all of the time and it's in my her garden as well.
It's great with chicken and pork or beef...I just chop some up and mix with chopped garlic and then rub it over the meat (I rub a bit of olive oil on first) add some salt & pepper and roast till done. You need to chop it finely because it's a bit tough.

I also love it with potatoes...take some small potatoes (my favorite are small red bliss or yukon gold) and cut in half or quarters, depending on size. Toss in a bowl with some olive oil, salt pepper, chopped rosemary and chopped garlic (add thinly sliced onion if you like, we do); you can roast these in a separate dish or add to the pan with the meat as prepared above. If I add it to a pork roast I toss in some carrots & onions as well.

Many people take the leaves off the stem and chop and add to a marinade and after soaking some beef cubes will thread them onto the stems and grill (pork is good this way too).

You can thread the prepared small potatoes this way or (and this is what I do) make a packet of heavy duty foil and add the prepared potatoes and toss on the grill; turn every so often as you hear them sizzle (time will depend on how much and how big the potato chunks are). If you are short on time just pre boil the potatoes till about halfway done and then grill.

Take a leg or shoulder of lamb, cut slits in and stuff in sprigs of rosemary and slivers of garlic, some lemon zest then rub with olive oil and lemon juice. Roast with small potatoes, chunks of bell pepper and red onion - yummy (and slightly Greek!)

Thanks for these tips! I know what I'll be making this week for dinner..

I especially love the potato idea...!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter