Rose & Crown - what is the deal with Epcot Dining

corpcomp

The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D
Another non DVC family has booked dinner in April at Rose & Crowne in Epcot. They wanted to eat there and view the fireworks after. They wanted to reserve an outside table and view the fireworks but were told there is no guarantee if they will sit inside or outside. They were told that can leave in the middle of dinner and then come back, but since we are with them, I really don't want to leave food on the table and come back to a cold plate 20 minutes later.

Any advice on how to arrange?

Sorry to the moderators if this is the wrong place to post. Please reassign as appropriate.

There is really nothing you can do- you can ask for the food to be held if it is getting close to fireworks time, you can let your waiter know that you want to watch the fireworks and ask them not to bring food during that time, if you are seated inside you could rush through your meal so you are done before fireworks.

They don't guarentee outside tables and depending on your dining time people who were seated there before you may not give up outside tables before them if it is close to time.

If you want more info on the restuarant and ideas I suggest you look in the dining section of the trip planning thread.

Rebecca

A good way to arrange is to book the ADR at a time when dinner will most likely be eaten when the fireworks start, but you are still enjoying coffee.

There is really nothing you can do- you can ask for the food to be held if it is getting close to fireworks time, you can let your waiter know that you want to watch the fireworks and ask them not to bring food during that time, if you are seated inside you could rush through your meal so you are done before fireworks.

They don't guarentee outside tables and depending on your dining time people who were seated there before you may not give up outside tables before them if it is close to time.

If you want more info on the restuarant and ideas I suggest you look in the dining section of the trip planning thread.

Rebecca

Thaks Rebecca, I had a feeling that was the answer.

We could have had an outside table by the water and took and inside table, but it was January during the cold wave. It was freezing. We ate inside where it was warm, finished our meal and we were able to go outside by the water for the fireworks. We have sat outside twice and have gotten great water views. I do hear it is just your timing and luck. Good luck. Being right there to see the fireworks is beautiful. We also had an outside seat right by the water for one New Year's Eve. That was great.

We could have had an outside table by the water and took and inside table, but it was January during the cold wave. It was freezing. We ate inside where it was warm, finished our meal and we were able to go outside by the water for the fireworks. We have sat outside twice and have gotten great water views. I do hear it is just your timing and luck. Good luck. Being right there to see the fireworks is beautiful. We also had an outside seat right by the water for one New Year's Eve. That was great.

Do they have a separate place for guests to stand after dinner or do you go out into the main crowd.

I think it depends on how many people are at the restaurant. In Jan no one was sitting outside by the water so everyone came out from the restaurant and sat at the empty tables. Once when we were out sitting at a table, some people came out and stood on the stairs and wherever they could fit. Even for the couple of times we sat outside no one was in our way.

As this is not a DVC Specific topic, I am moving it to the Restaurants Board.

So many guests were requesting outside tables for Illuminations that Rose & Crown was overwhelmed and no longer accommodates those requests. As mentioned, if you get an inside table you can let your server know you intend to go out and watch the show, so your food will not be on the table while you are gone. I believe there is a specific viewing area for the restaurant guests.

A good way to arrange is to book the ADR at a time when dinner will most likely be eaten when the fireworks start, but you are still enjoying coffee.

That is what we do, make our ADR's between 7:30 & 7:45 and at dessert time or after dessert time they will take you out to the viewing patio. We are only 1 of 4 getting outside seating and some of those seats you can't see anyway. R & C is the best place to view Illuminations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter