Rose & Crown patio...

JimS4210

Counting down the days until our next vacation...
We'll be down WDW next week, have all our ADR's set. One question, though.

We have a 7:05 ADR at Rose & Crown next Tuesday. I know you can only request, not reserve, a table outside to see Illuminations, but does that generally come through or is it a hit or miss, meaning you just have to get lucky? Also, we'll be a party of five. Wondering if that will make it more difficult to get an outside table. Thanks!

Jim

We tried to get an outside table on our honeymoon and we were told there was no outside tables available.

But we were allowed to go outside to the patio when Illumunations started. It was a great vantage point and our dessert was waiting for us when the show was done.

We were able to do it this year and last. This year we were a table of 6. They do have tables out there for larger parties as well.
Good luck! It really is an awesome spot for Illuminations. It was my favorite meal that trip too.

Depends on how busy they are as to whether or not they will allow you to request a patio table.

If you're there on a night that Illuminations is at 10, that's probably a bit long to hold a table.

oooh. we have r&c reservation for 8 pm on a night illuminations is at 9 pm! Hopefully we can watch it from there!

That is perfect timing. I just had to change my ressie as I thought illuminations was at 9pm and I had a 745pm ressie, but I found out it is at 10pm so now I have an 845pm ressie to have dinner and see illuminations,

Hit or miss we are 1 of 4
One time before Illuminations started the waitress didn't come back for us so we went out the side door and sat on the steps by the patio seating, that was better then the roped area they take you to.
R & C is the closest viewing as you can feel heat from the fire and actually have hot ash from the fireworks land on you.

As the PPs have said, you can request a patio table, but it's hit or miss depending on crowds, availability, the CM, etc. Also, if you do ask, be sure to ask for one with a view of IllumiNations. Not all patio tables have a view.

On the other hand, the view from the reserved viewing area is really good!
DSC_0073_1.jpg

oooh. we have r&c reservation for 8 pm on a night illuminations is at 9 pm! Hopefully we can watch it from there!

That is a perfect ADR for Illuminations. I had an 8pm ADR this past July and it worked out great. I was even lucky enough to be seated on the patio for dinner! :woohoo:

Got an outside table in March our ressie was 7 got in at 7:15. Didn't even ask! Party of 3. The hostess said 'perfect view for the fireworks'! We were not even thinking of staying that long. BUT we did! It was GREAT! We enjoyed our dinner and Illuminations!

Hi all! Longtime lurker, first time poster here...

I've never eaten at Rose & Crown, but I've always heard the view for Illuminations is incomparable! I'm a FL resident with a seasonal pass, and my parents are coming to visit in February. I thought it would be nice to make ADRs for Illuminations, and called the passholder reservation line to see if there's a time available for Illuminations viewing at R&C that night. To my surprise, the CM told me we won't be able to view Illuminations from there...? He said we may get a partial view but lots of other people would be crowding us. I explained that I was confused by his statements because I'd always heard the view is great from R&C, and that they have a patio on the lagoon that's great for watching the show. He said something about how you will not actually be dining by the lagoon and that many other people will be crowding the patio. I asked if he meant that people who are not dining at R&C would have access to the patio, but he didn't really answer...I just decided to hang up and get this straight before we make reservations. My gut tells me he's new and just doesn't know what he's talking about, but I want to be sure! If we are able to get a time slot around 8 pm, is that still a good place to see Illuminations? Or is he right about people just walking by the pavilion blocking our sight??

He wrong. An 8pm ressie for 9pm Illuminations will be perfect. Just ask to sit outside and pray for the best.

I've never done this at R&C but I did ask for a Wishes view at Ohana. What I did, and would suggest, is getting to your ADR a little early and asking for a patio table and then letting them know you'd be willing to be sat a little late if they think something is going to open up outside soon. That gives you some wiggle room before your ADR and after so that the hostess has some flexibility to get you a patio table. If you show up at 7:15 and expect a table on the patio that is probably less likely to happen, IMO.

And if you don't get a table outside you will be able to go to a designated area just for r&c. We had an incredible view when we were there. We were lucky enough to get a table outside. (Didn't even ask!) This is a great place to watch Illuminations.

Thanks for the confirmation, everyone! I've seen R&C recommended many times on this forum and others, but just wanted to be sure I had the information correct and nothing had changed recently or something like that. Hopefully when I call back I will get a CM who understands what I'm trying to do :)

parkhopping said:
Thanks for the confirmation, everyone! I've seen R&C recommended many times on this forum and others, but just wanted to be sure I had the information correct and nothing had changed recently or something like that. Hopefully when I call back I will get a CM who understands what I'm trying to do :)

You can't make that request when booking. Just when you show up.

You can't make that request when booking. Just when you show up.

Oh, I know. But it's not a big deal to me if we can't get a patio table since they have a reserved area for those dining in the restaurant. What I was so confused about was the CM's statement that the patio area would be overcrowded and our view would be blocked. He kept insisting that dining at R&C wouldn't give us a good view, and while I know that there are only a few tables that are actually on the lagoon, my understanding is that they do let you go outside or stand in a better place to watch.

The one out of 4 times we did get the Patio it was the lower patio and tables with umbrellas, the way we lucked out was it was raining earlier and when it rains they don't use those tables cause they are not under roof. They had just opened that area because the rain had stopped and they asked us if we wanted one of those tables. We took it and best spot ever, your table a wall then the lake nobody to look around.
The patio that they take you to is roped off just for people inside the R & C and that could get a little crowed, and maybe harder to see if you are short and not close to the wall. Maybe that's what the CM taking ADRs ment?
See if you can request when you get there a table with an unmbrella at the lower patio.

I've never done this at R&C but I did ask for a Wishes view at Ohana. What I did, and would suggest, is getting to your ADR a little early and asking for a patio table and then letting them know you'd be willing to be sat a little late if they think something is going to open up outside soon. That gives you some wiggle room before your ADR and after so that the hostess has some flexibility to get you a patio table. If you show up at 7:15 and expect a table on the patio that is probably less likely to happen, IMO.

I don't believe they let you do that anymore. The last couple of times we told them we'd be willing to wait awhile for a patio table, we were told that they no longer allowed that and we had to take the first table that became available for our party size. We were seated inside those trips. We're about 60%-70% though, for getting a patio table, so not bad. They used to let us wait for a patio table though, which they haven't the last two times (this was last early Dec and then again the first week of Feb 2012).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter