Rope Drop is Tip #1!! A June 2016 TR...updated 10/31 pg 19 post 373 THE END!

I lol'd at the picture of your dad on Space and the douche with the red card! I hate when people are idiots there. I have no problem speaking up, but then Steve and the boys get embarrassed :rolleyes:

I'm both happy and jealous that you got to see MSEP. I forgot to mention this in my TR-within-my-PTR but that's what I completely forgot to do last month and I'm very sad about it, being it's my favorite parade outside of Boo To You. I'm going to miss it so much, especially the music which I know annoys some but makes me very happy!!

So your mom liked Wishes from Fantasyland? As of last Nov. that's our new fave place to watch, right by the carousel :goodvibes

You've got the dream strategy down already. Unless he's someone who struggles to wake up early (which I totally get as a night owl), the rope drop/mid-day break plan is pretty much a slam dunk as far as successful planning goes for getting things done. Those early hours are like gold.
He gets up around 7 nowadays bc he isn't due to work until 11 but he does have to contend with the boys in the AM, as I am off to work between 7 and 7:30 so he should be okay. I'm betting that they change the MK opening to 8am, which will be a tad bit tougher, but if we do get WL, we will be right there and it shouldn't take us too long to get there.

He gets up around 7 nowadays bc he isn't due to work until 11 but he does have to contend with the boys in the AM, as I am off to work between 7 and 7:30 so he should be okay. I'm betting that they change the MK opening to 8am, which will be a tad bit tougher, but if we do get WL, we will be right there and it shouldn't take us too long to get there.

I always feel so conflicted about the 8am openings. I hate getting up that hour earlier but I so love the extra early time in the parks. It always ends up being worth it, but it's hard to keep sight of when trying to drag myself out of bed.

I lol'd at the picture of your dad on Space and the douche with the red card! I hate when people are idiots there. I have no problem speaking up, but then Steve and the boys get embarrassed :rolleyes:
I am sure I embarrass whoever is with me! Lol

I'm both happy and jealous that you got to see MSEP. I forgot to mention this in my TR-within-my-PTR but that's what I completely forgot to do last month and I'm very sad about it, being it's my favorite parade outside of Boo To You. I'm going to miss it so much, especially the music which I know annoys some but makes me very happy!!
Awww that totally stinks! I am very sorry you missed it. Guess you need to schedule a DLR visit so you can see it! :)

So your mom liked Wishes from Fantasyland? As of last Nov. that's our new fave place to watch, right by the carousel :goodvibes
Yes, I'm sure she did! I've seen fireworks from FL before but I'm sorry I missed them this trip. I wish I had remembered it was almost Wishes time so we could've stayed out there. Then we would've been 3/3 for watching Wishes at MK and each night from a different spot!

Hi! It's me.....sorry I went MIA for awhile. Just been busy busy! Just played catch-up and made it through the HS Star Wars fireworks. Even with the running around and stress, I'm sure you guys had a blast. Love the Olaf pics and the pics from Adventurer's Outpost at AK. And OMG about the Chef Mickey's cancellation....whhhhat??? That's insane!

Can't wait to read the rest! :)

Hi! It's me.....sorry I went MIA for awhile. Just been busy busy! Just played catch-up and made it through the HS Star Wars fireworks. Even with the running around and stress, I'm sure you guys had a blast. Love the Olaf pics and the pics from Adventurer's Outpost at AK. And OMG about the Chef Mickey's cancellation....whhhhat??? That's insane!

Can't wait to read the rest! :)
Thanks for checking back in! Olaf and Adventurer's Outpost were great! SW Fireworks were awesome! I see on the SW thread you are looking to do the dessert party. We are too, for June. I'm a little mixed about it after the changes, but it still seems to be the best way to see the FW without a ton of waiting time, which I cannot do with 3 and 5 year old! I hope you enjoy the rest!

So I normally do an update on Sunday night but I've had a couple glasses of wine and my son is having extensive dental work in the AM (has to be sedated). I'm off with him tomorrow so I'll get it done at some point tomorrow. Thanks for hanging in there with me!

Day Seven 6/10/2016 ~ Hollywood Studios (part 1)

Sad day as this was our last park day. This was also the day that it rained buckets at points, Will got sick, and I had an accident that I haven't mentioned yet but I am still dealing with today. Onto the update:

So this was the morning we planned to do sign up for Jedi Training for AJ. I knew I could not count on my folks being up and at 'em early enough. So I planned for AJ and I to be up and out at the bus stop around 8 so we would arrive hopefully by 8:15 or so. Dad got up and asked if we wanted to be dropped off instead so we decided to go for that, just because you never know how long you may have to wait for a bus.

We ended up getting to DHS and up to the gates by around 8:20, I believe. We got in the far left line and I'm not sure if they just began letting people in then or if it was a few minutes before. It just seems fairly early as I had heard 8:30/8:45, so I was glad we were there. However, no matter if they had just begun or not, we were at the back of the pack and I have a 4 year old who doesn't really move all that fast. By the time we made it to the line, we were quite far back and had to wait about 40 minutes, most of it in the hot sun. Which is why next year, we will be booking a PPO ADR at H&V so we can get signed up before the ADR and not have to wait 40 minutes!

We did eventually get signed up and we got the last show, which was the one I wanted. I wanted that slot because I thought it might be a tad cooler temp-wise than daytime, it fit with our schedule, and it was the best chance of the lightsabers being lit up.

It was about 9:10 when we finished up and the rest of the fam still hadn't made it so AJ and I made our way to meet Buzz and Woody. The line was semi-reasonable and there are tons of photo opportunities here:

IMG_5009.JPG
IMG_5010.JPG
IMG_5011.JPG
IMG_5012.JPG
IMG_5013.JPG
IMG_5014.JPG
IMG_5015.JPG
After some fun in line, it was finally our turn:
IMG_5016.JPG

IMG_5017.JPG
IMG_5018.JPG

Continued in next post...

Last edited:
*Continued* Day Seven 6/10/2016 ~ Hollywood Studios (part 1)

IMG_5019.JPG

IMG_5020.JPG
I'm a little upset that Will missed this one but I couldn't have brought him to the JTA sign up and my parents were running late, as usual! Also, not sure where our PP photos ended up but not on our account and I didn't realize it until recently. I think there were some other ones I discovered were missing while writing this report, too...but alas, too late to do anything about it. I need to stay more up on that next year.

So after our meet with the toys, we headed across the way to TSMM. We had FPs booked for Dad, AJ, and me, figuring Will would ride as well but, of course, neither Dad nor Will had arrived so it was just AJ and myself. Here's our score:

IMG_5024.JPG
Whoo hoo! I won again...lol.

After this, we did some shopping at the little place across from TSMM. AJ picked out some cars (Disney Racers) as we had been collecting a few of those already, and a bucket of toy soldiers. This was around 10:12, according to the receipt. By this time, the others had arrived at the park so we headed to the front to meet them. We met them at The Darkroom around 10:30. We decided to hit up Beverly Sunset Shop/Sweet Spells where I saw this cute thing:
IMG_5025.JPG

So cute! But instead I grabbed a Maleficent (my fave villain) mug along with a Mal cake pop:
IMG_5026.JPG
I had been told earlier in the week that I couldn't combine a dining plan (snack) transaction with a regular purchase, which had caused a CM to be annoyed with me because I didn't notify her before she rang everything up and she had to void it and ring it again. However, the CM in this establishment said that was not the case and it could all be done together and she did it no problem. So the CM from earlier in the week obviously was not trained properly....shocker, huh??

Anyway, even though we had a lunch ressie at 11, I still ate the cake pop immediately....yum! After that, it was time to head to Hollywood & Vine to meet a few Disney Junior friends! But I'll save that for the next update...

Up next: Day Seven 6/10/2016 ~ Hollywood Studios (part 2)

Last edited:
Glad to see on FB that the dental work went well. But I actually would have liked to see how your post turned out if you'd written it last night after the wine :drinking1
When Steve and I were at HS in August, they started letting us in around 8:36. I've been there when they've let us in 8:30 but 8:20 does seem a litle early....at least it all worked out! Well, from what I've read so far......

The Buzz and Woody meet looks like so much fun. I love all the photo opportunities. Eeeek, I'm so nervous about the Jedi Training sign ups. I'm hoping we can make it. I'm planning on just taking my son. We'll leave dh and dd behind.

Great update. I just read all your report. Your kids are adorable!! Y'all have definitely had an interesting trip. That thing your dad pulled would have irked me also lol. At least he looks like he was having fun in the pic lol.

One of your posts you mentioned an app or something that alerted you to an open reservation for dining. Do you mind telling me the name of it? I'd love to know.

Glad to see on FB that the dental work went well. But I actually would have liked to see how your post turned out if you'd written it last night after the wine :drinking1
When Steve and I were at HS in August, they started letting us in around 8:36. I've been there when they've let us in 8:30 but 8:20 does seem a litle early....at least it all worked out! Well, from what I've read so far......

I've definitely posted after having a few glasses before but I probably didn't mention it! Lol. Yes, the DHS opening seemed so early to me! We were in line at JTA by 8:30am.

The Buzz and Woody meet looks like so much fun. I love all the photo opportunities. Eeeek, I'm so nervous about the Jedi Training sign ups. I'm hoping we can make it. I'm planning on just taking my son. We'll leave dh and dd behind.

It really was a nice meet. I just need to plan more meets this next trip! As far as JTA, as long as your there by RD you should get a spot but you may have to wait awhile. Honestly though I haven't heard many reports like mine. Most people don't have to wait that long at RD.

Great update. I just read all your report. Your kids are adorable!! Y'all have definitely had an interesting trip. That thing your dad pulled would have irked me also lol. At least he looks like he was having fun in the pic lol.
Thanks for reading! Thanks for the compliment on the boys. Yeh, I mean any day at Disney is better than a day at home, but it certainly did not go anywhere near as planned! Yeh, at least he enjoyed Space Mtn! Ha!

One of your posts you mentioned an app or something that alerted you to an open reservation for dining. Do you mind telling me the name of it? I'd love to know.
Touring Plans reservation finder.

That does seem early for JTA! I think they let us in around 8:35 both days we were at DHS. Sorry you had to stand in line for so long, but glad you made it! Hooray for a rope drop day! We love that Woody and Buzz meet as well as the photo ops in the line (as I'm sure you already knew). AJ gave you some great smiles for those pics!

And I totally would have devoured that cake pop too despite having an upcoming ADR. Love your fingernail in the photo with the Mal doll!

And you would kick my butt on TSM...

I fell massively behind, but am all caught up now. Glad to hear you finally had a day that went according to plansish. Seriously I think for all you had to contend with you held it together much better than I. And kudos on your trip next year and (fingers crossed) converting your hubby to the disney dark side

That does seem early for JTA! I think they let us in around 8:35 both days we were at DHS. Sorry you had to stand in line for so long, but glad you made it!
Yes, it was unexpected to be let in that early, but I sure am glad I was there early!

Hooray for a rope drop day! We love that Woody and Buzz meet as well as the photo ops in the line (as I'm sure you already knew). AJ gave you some great smiles for those pics!
It was a fun meet! I also liked how AJ and I had some time together, just the two of us! And yep, I remember your photos of the same meet!

And I totally would have devoured that cake pop too despite having an upcoming ADR. Love your fingernail in the photo with the Mal doll!

And you would kick my butt on TSM...
Yeh I think something must really be wrong with someone that wouldn't devour it right away! Lol. Thanks on the nails! I'll have to come up with something good for the next trip too!

That's a tad sad about TSM bc I'm not that great. :rolleyes1

I fell massively behind, but am all caught up now. Glad to hear you finally had a day that went according to plansish. Seriously I think for all you had to contend with you held it together much better than I. And kudos on your trip next year and (fingers crossed) converting your hubby to the disney dark side
No problem on falling behind! You had a trip and then catching up on real life after the trip! I really should pat myself on the back more for being so easy going with my Dad! Lol. I guess, deep down, I expected his attitude, but was hoping for better results. Oh and knowing I was going again next year without my dad, helped. Hahaha.

That's a tad sad about TSM bc I'm not that great. :rolleyes1

Lol! Don't shame me! I lack basic motor coordination...as evidenced by the needle tip I got lodged in my toe. :rotfl: I actually have another messed up toe right now, but this time it's not my fault! My mom drove her electric wheelchair onto my toes and then just stopped there as I screamed. :thumbsup2 At least it's well in advance of our trip this time.

Lol! Don't shame me! I lack basic motor coordination...as evidenced by the needle tip I got lodged in my toe. :rotfl: I actually have another messed up toe right now, but this time it's not my fault! My mom drove her electric wheelchair onto my toes and then just stopped there as I screamed. :thumbsup2 At least it's well in advance of our trip this time.
Hahaha...sorry that was rude of me. ;)

Oh no on the toe! Though it is kind of funny how you got hurt. *Ducks head* lol. I hope it gets better quickly! I'm dealing with *spoiler alert* a knee issue that I sustained at Disney in June and I have an MRI scheduled in 1.5 weeks! So I definitely am not anywhere near graceful, myself! And I am worried how it could affect our trip in June! :faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter