Rooms with two portholes

TCrawford095

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any information about the O8A category on the Disney Fantasy? The information that I have says that it has two large portholes and one bathroom. I'm trying to decide if I should try to upgrade or not, and I was interested in your opinions on this type of room.

That's correct. They're square-shaped, have 2 large portholes and one bathroom. Personally, I love them!

My understanding is that they were originally designed to be handicapped-accessible but for whatever reason are not designated such. But that's the reason for the square shape and 1 bathroom - and I think most do not have a tub just a shower.

We have sailed in 5520 on the dream and have it booked for our next 2 cruises. It has 2 very large portholes, a dividing wall between the sleeping and sitting area, 2 tvs, the bathroom is not split, but does have a tub, and it only sleeps 3. We absolutely LOVE this room. It is massive compared to any other room. Although I do love a veranda, I far prefer the space this room provides, and the portholes are so huge you get a much better view from inside the room. Our last cruise wAs a b2b, and we could only get this room for the first leg, second leg was a veranda. Both my daughter and I felt almost claustrophobic after going from so much space to the standard sized cabin, even with the veranda. We'll always book this cabin when it's available!

We just booked 6512 on the Fantasy. Would you rather have the extra space or the split bath? :banana:

Personally, I would rather have the space. One poster mentioned that they sleep 3-- we have 4 people in our party. Are there different versions of this room because Disney booked us for 4 in this room?

Personally, I would rather have the space. One poster mentioned that they sleep 3-- we have 4 people in our party. Are there different versions of this room because Disney booked us for 4 in this room?

I think some of the rooms on deck 5 only slept 3, but we have 4 in our family.
:banana:

Ok...found the other threads about this topic. It answered a lot of questions. Thanks for linking me. I think I'll keep this one. Those rooms look so big that I don't think we will miss the verandah.

I had this room booked but changed it because for us we really need a sink outside the bathroom. It was a tough decision though because it looks great other then that.

We LOVED our 8A room (6514). We had one with a pole :goodvibes Amazing amount of room. You won't regret keeping it.
My pics might be in one o fthose links above, but easier to just post again. :) Unless you have a wider-angled lens you really don't get an good impression of how big these are!
Enjoy it!

And yes, the ones with the divider wall only sleep 3 but the open plan ones sleep 4.

100_0165.jpg

100_0166.jpg

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. This helps a lot! I assume that is a bunk bed I see on the right side of the picture. It's all about the bunk beds for my DD6 and DS9. Did you have 4 in your room? The bathroom wasn't a big deal?

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. This helps a lot! I assume that is a bunk bed I see on the right side of the picture. It's all about the bunk beds for my DD6 and DS9. Did you have 4 in your room? The bathroom wasn't a big deal?

Yes, on the right that's the sofa that becomes a bed, and the top bunk pulls down from the ceiling above it.
There was four of us and the kids loved the bunk.
The bathroom really wasn't a big deal for us. We're not high maintenance though so shared the bathroom amicably! :goodvibes

The only annoying thing was the bathroom door opening into the front door (see below). Never had a crash, but I could see the possibility!

100_0167.jpg

We LOVED our 8A room (6514). We had one with a pole :goodvibes Amazing amount of room. You won't regret keeping it.
My pics might be in one o fthose links above, but easier to just post again. :) Unless you have a wider-angled lens you really don't get an good impression of how big these are!
Enjoy it!

And yes, the ones with the divider wall only sleep 3 but the open plan ones sleep 4.

100_0165.jpg

100_0166.jpg

was this on the Dream? This is our exact room (if so) that I booked for May!

Oh, that's a beautiful room! Kind of makes me want to book a cruise on the Dream now!

Just booked 5520 and 5020 for June 2014 on the Fantasy . After all the researching rooms these sound and look awesome! The rooms look huge compared to others. The last time we cruised with Disney was 2002 on the Wonder.

We had two of these (5520/5522) that connected on the Fantasy and it was like having a suite. Basically the wall breaks each room up into two smaller areas, each with its own TV and giant porthole, so with the door opened up, the area felt huge. Also, LOTS of storage/closet space. No pole in the middle of ours..just a wall separating the bed area from the sofa bed/desk area.

SOOO much space to walk around in with these rooms. I think they spoiled me for the next trip :)

Lori P. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter