Rooms With Kitchenette?

disneymom2003

DIS Veteran
We want to take your grandson to WDW next year. We want a kitchenette. We don't need a full kitchen. Can you tell me what rooms will have a kitchenette? Which resorts? TIA

We want to take your grandson to WDW next year. We want a kitchenette. We don't need a full kitchen. Can you tell me what rooms will have a kitchenette? Which resorts? TIA

(emphasis mine)

Well, I don't have a grandson (or, for that matter, know you), but I appreciate the offer. ;)

Any of the "Studio" rooms at a DVC property will have a kitchenette. The family suites at All Star and at Art of Animation have a mini-fridge/microwave. Is that enough to count as a kitchenette?

All of the Disney Vacation Club studio units have kitchenettes.

I've stayed in the studio units at the Boadwalk Villas and the Villas at Wilderness Lodge with my son and they we're great. Since DVC is in many locaitons, I'd just pick what you want to be near and go from there. :)

OKW
SSR
VWL
BLT
BWV
BCV
AKV/L (jambo house has studios too)

looks like you have stayed at dvc already.

Yes we have stayed at the Deluxe resorts. Hoping to find something cheaper with a kitchenette that he will like.

then definitely go w/studio.

OKW is the only one that has 2 queen beds

the others have a queen bed and double sleeper sofa.

Thanks for the replays. We have stayed at the Deluxe resorts and love them. This time we would like to cut costs. There will be 3 adults and a 2 year old( going just before his 3rd BD) We don't really need a deluxe but hubby would like a fridge and microwave. That is why I was looking to find which resorts have a kitchenette. Looking a AoA?

Thanks for the replays. We have stayed at the Deluxe resorts and love them. This time we would like to cut costs. There will be 3 adults and a 2 year old( going just before his 3rd BD) We don't really need a deluxe but hubby would like a fridge and microwave. That is why I was looking to find which resorts have a kitchenette. Looking a AoA?

The suites at AoA and ASMu will have a small fridge and microwave.

The Cabins at FW have a full kitchen, plus grill and dishwasher. You'd also have 2 rooms. You could save quite a bit of money by preparing some on your own meals.

Have a fun trip.

If you want to try a value, I believe they all have a small refrigerator now (you used to have to pay extra). They don't have a microwave (or coffee maker for that matter) in the room. They do have microwaves in the food court, however, if you don't mind using a "public" one. That may only be convenient enough with a preferred room. A 3 year old may really like the values. :) The moderates have a small refrig and coffeemaker in the room. (On the plus side, The beds in all but CBR are queens. CBR and the values have doubles.) I would think that their food courts also have a microwave, but I don't know that for sure. If you want a microwave in the room, though, then the options are those posted above. :) You may want to look into renting DVC points for a studio...

The family suites at all star music are great...we loved having the kitchenette for having breakfast in the morning...we are not fans of the food court craziness!! And the fridge is plenty big enough for milk, fruit, juice, etc.

The suites at AoA and ASMu will have a small fridge and microwave.

Allstar Music suites have a kitchenette that includes a microwave, small refridgerator, coffee maker, small sink and shelves to put stuff on. They also have 2 bathrooms. They supplied us with paper towels, disposable plates & plastic ware.

Don't know about the new suites at AofA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter