Room upgrade wishes

We just got back on Monday from an ultimate upgrade! We had booked the Pop to save $ and were happy with that. A few months ago, we received an email with a big picture of Tink on it that said, "Surprise!" and that we were being upgraded to the SSR or OKW!!! :cool1: I called the phone # on the email and chose OKW. (We're in the Cleveland area, so we wanted a tropical change of pace!) It took the work of several managers to override the sysytem , but we would up in a 1 bedroom villa for the week!!! When I got over my initial shock and called back to request nonsmoking, the CM congratulated me on my YOAMD prize and read off what it said in the system about our YOAMD prize.

Old Key West was absolutely beautiful, and our huge villa looked out past palm trees and onto the water. It couldn't have been more beautiful! ( I would love to thank someone for our upgrade, but I have no idea who to thank!)

We also won a few small prizes in the parks. At MK, DD found a paint brush and was given the normal family fastpass to Thunder Mountain or Splash, then the CM talked to her a bit and gave her a YOAMD FP good for the family for any ride. (It did say YOAMD on it.) Later that day, a cm at an icecream cart asked DD and I who our favorite characters are. (Pluto and Jimminy Cricket!;) ) He then said that the treats were on Disney for YOAMD. :cool1:
Our last dream happened at Epcot in the Flower show building. DD and I were admiring some garden artwork when a CM came over and gave her the twin Tink pin set. The funny thing is that he said to keep them both!:rotfl:

We'll never forget this trip or all of the magic we received!

First of all, let me say Congratulations! to all who were upgraded.

We've been to WDW 6x, and not once received a free upgrade. Sadness. Is it just the luck of the draw? Being in the right place at the right time?

Whatever it is, I'm happy it happened to DisBoarders!!

I did ask tha manager who ended up getting us our final ressie how it happened because I never filled out any entry forms. He said that anyone who has stayed on property over the last two years was automatically entered.:confused3

Wow. Talk about an upgrade? We are booked for ASMO. I would be totally shocked to be upgraded to the Polynesian. I was kind of hoping just to get prefered since we only booked standard this time. :rotfl:

Funny I posted this. Cause we did get an upgrade to prefered. I think the CM behind the desk felt sorry for me. I was standing there with tears in my eyes over the flight and all that had happened that day. Long sad story... don't want to talk about it. :sad2:

We were upgraded at CSR in late January. We had booked a nonsmoking king room thru AAA and we arrived around 7:30 in the evening. They were sold out and offered us either a king smoking or a double water view for the night at half price. I told the castmember I had taken the last of my antibiotic for a sinus infection that morning, she went to talk to the manger- she came back and I asked here where they would move us to in the morning- off she went to talk to the manager again- came back and we were upgraded to a suite for the week. ( double beds but who can complain?) it sure was nice having two bathrooms and dressing areas. And CSR was beautiful

It has been a lot of fun reading these!

We are going to POP in June...we love it there, but it would also be a lot of fun to be upgraded to a deluxe...if only for the 12 yr old we are bringing to WDW for the first time! My DS & I have been (to all levels of resorts, and LOVE them ALL!), but it would be really fun to show Ethan what the delux resorts are like! A girl can dream right!?:confused3 ;) :goodvibes

Thanks for posting everyone!

Lynn

Reading all these stories about getting upgraded were great! Here's hoping I get an upgrade to the Poly for my trip!

Wow! I'm so happy for those of you who received upgrades. I think I would pass out if they had told me I'd been upgraded to Poly from a value. Talk about a dream come true!

I would LOVE for us to receive an upgrade. We're staying at AKL standard room and I'll take anything they throw our way.

Good luck to everyone!

:wizard: We leave in just under a month for CSR. We've never stayed there before and I am really excited. However, I would love, love, love to be upgraded to a suite. That and a night in the castle and all my dreams would come true. :woohoo: :banana:

We just got back from Wilderness Lodge. We were upgraded from Standard View to Courtyard View. We weren't even told at check-in that we were being upgraded...just found out when we looked out on the balcony.

I have a friend who just came back yesterday and she told me that they had booked at the ASMu but when they went to check-in, they were upgraded to CSR!! She didn't know the difference but luckily her father did. they took it and loved evrey minute of it. They were told it wasn't a dream thing, the hotel was over-booked for some cheerleader thing.

i told her how lucky she was. She said she loved the resort.

Also, funny thing happened is they ran into one of her son's old teachers down there. he swore he saw teacher riding the bus from the resort wiht her DD. Mom didn't believe but that night she asked to be connected with "said teachers" room and she left a message. It was the teacher!! To go from our tiny town in NH to see a teacher down there.

pyrxtc;18402611Also said:
Last summer we were at the airport in Philadelphia on our way to Disney and my daughter's teacher and guidance counselor (who are married) saw her and said "where are you going?" She told them Disney. That's where they were going also. Their seats were right behind ours on the plane.
This year at school, DD told that same teacher we're going back. Turns out they are also and we're staying at the same resort, the same week!
Too funny!:rotfl:

We booked a Standard at WL b/c that's all we can afford but I would love to be able to get a king bed. Don't care about the view, I'd just like a king instead of two queens. However, I'll just be happy to actually stay at a Deluxe for the first time in almost 30 years.

Just found this thread! On our December trip, we were upgraded from a standard RPC room at the GF to the Roy Disney Suite! :cloud9:

We just got back on Monday from an ultimate upgrade! We had booked the Pop to save $ and were happy with that. A few months ago, we received an email with a big picture of Tink on it that said, "Surprise!" and that we were being upgraded to the SSR or OKW!!! :cool1:

WOW! Now that is a dream! We booked at POP because we need two rooms for the five of us (families of five seem to get a bum deal at Disney, or at least a more expensive deal). If we were upgraded to a "luxury" resort, I don't think we would know how to act!:rotfl2:

Congratulations on your magical trip!

Just found this thread! On our December trip, we were upgraded from a standard RPC room at the GF to the Roy Disney Suite! :cloud9:

Now that's a dream!!!!!!!!

We are booked for POP in June and I would probably faint if they upgraded us to deluxe. It would definitely be a dream come true, especially if it was to the Poly because dd8 would love to stay there (she's made the comment before) however, I would be estatic if we got upgrade to a deluxe.

Good luck everyone who's going anytime soon. pixiedust:

Last summer we had a split stay...first half of stay WL..second half CR. Had a std room booked at WL and were upgraded to courtyard view (overlooking pool and lake). We will always book courtyard at WL from now on. The best was checkin at CR. I had wing/waterview reserved. We were upgraded to concierge with lake view. We felt a special blessing/pixie dust! We go every year and out of the past 4 years we had 3 deaths in the family. Either while we were there or just leaving for the airport. There was never a reason for upgrades. WL upgrade came at check in, but CR was done before we got there.

LOL i love reading these as well, this was a while ago but we was offered a free upgrade from movies to AKL!!, BUT my son had ASD and was made up with buzz and woody and we coudnt make a change like that without freaking him out, they were so shocked when we declined .

these are great...I couldn't imagine being upgraded to a different resort! I'd probably pee my pants!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!