Room Service questions

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by TnMaryJo, Feb 16, 2012.

1. TnMaryJo

TnMaryJo Space Mountain Woman

I never have tried room service on the ships. However, you all have gotten me excited about trying it out on my May Fantasy cruise. I have a few questions though. I hope I'm not repeating what's been asked a thousand times.

How long does it generally take for the food to get to your room?

What kind of tip to do you give? What would be a fair tip for a couple of Mickey Bars versus a tip for several dinner items?

How much do the Mickey Bars cost?

I've seen other cruisers leave their tray outside of their cabin when they were finished with the food. Is this the customary thing to do?

Any other tips would be great as well. Thank you!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Brumbie13

Brumbie13 Mr. Mickeybars

Every time we ordered, they told us 30-40 minutes.
    If it was just Mickey Bars, sometime they came in 15.
    Food always came between 20-30 minutes.

This is kinda up to the individual. We usually did $1 per item, and if we ordered 2 plates of food and 2 Mickey Bars, we gave $5. (I'm Mr. Mickeybars.)

However much you paid for your cruise/however much you choose to tip.
    In other words, they don't cost anything. :thumbsup2

Yeah. The first time I saw that, I thought the people were disrespectful, but I asked room service the first time we ordered more than Mickey Bars and that's what they told us to do.

Hope I helped! :)

4. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

:cutie:

5. Ikaikalani

Ikaikalani Tee-Eye-double Guh-err

I concur with Mr. Mickeybars!!!

6. Weedy

Weedy DIS Veteran

The steak sandwitches are great

7. TnMaryJo

Thank you all so much!! Excited that the Mickey Bars are free. For some reason, I thought there was a charge like sodas.

Thank you!!

8. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

The first time I ordered room service I hung up the phone went to deck 9 for drinks. On the way back to my room I passed the person who had just delivered the food! The other times it was about 30 minutes. We tipped $3-5. And yes you leave the tray outside. This is the same thing you do in hotels when you get room service. The room service people know what rooms to go check for trays.

9. acourtwdw

acourtwdw DIS Veteran

I realize that it is customary to leave your RS tray outside your stateroom door but please don't do this. I had to use a wheelchair for our cruise in October 2011 and it was hard to navigate the narrow hallways let alone try to get around the trays.

10. WeLoveDisneyAlways

WeLoveDisneyAlways DIS Veteran

We ordered some food and cookies, mickey bars and it didn't even take 5 mins I was shocked how quickly they got the food ready and to the room. We tipped around 3$

11. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was

Remember that if you order soft drinks or packaged snacks (like chips or pretzels) from room service, there will be a charge for those.

12. TnMaryJo

I think that is a very good point. The halls are so narrow. The last thing I want to do is make someone else's cruise less enjoyable.