Room service breakfast?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by lisakramer, Oct 1, 2012.

1. chateau

chateau DIS Veteran

I'm a hot chocolate fan... order a glutonous supply the night before and drink copious amounts in the mornings. The water stays HOT in the caraffe they bring, and they're smart enough to bring creamers too! I LOVE Disney!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jahber

jahber DIS Veteran

I read on another thread that someone woke up at 6 and couldn't go back to sleep. So they ordered breakfast to be delivered. No problem, even though technically breakfast started at 7. It's worth a try!

4. sskem96

sskem96 DIS Veteran

I know the coolers in the room aren't actual refrigerators, but if someone got something like fruit salad from the buffet in the evening, would the cooler keep it cold enough to eat for breakfast early the next morning?

5. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

On the Dream & Fantasy they are real refridgerators. On the Wonder & Magic they are "cooling boxes" we've found that the temprature in these can vary from really cold to no cooling. Those that don't cool so well, we've put the ice bucket in there (like you would for a cooler on a camping trip) and that works well.

:cutie:

6. Futurist

Futurist REAL magic is when you can make people WANT to bel

I don't think you can get room service before 7, but if all you want is coffee you have two options. First, you can go to the beverage station on deck 9 (Magic & Wonder) or deck 11 (I think – Dream & Fantasy). There's coffee there 24 hours a day.

OR you can order a thermos of coffee the night before. It will still be pretty warm the next morning.

Hope this helps! :wave2:

Richard

7. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Room service is available 24/7.

:cutie:

8. penguins_fan

penguins_fan Mouseketeer

I believe that in concierge category, you can order hot breakfast, can someone confirm? Thx

9. chemnerd09

chemnerd09 Mouseketeer

I've heard this too, but can't confirm. I do want to know as well since I'd rather have a breakfast in the room one day for something different.

10. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure the room service could be delivered at 6 am. There are times for you to pick, and I picked 7-7:30, and it arrived at 6:58. I'm certain I didn't pick the earliest time.

Also, there were the cafes open, or you can even order stuff the night before. Rumor has it the coffee will still be warm, and you can put milk in your fridge.

You will not go hungry on any of the ships.

Nancy

11. zstyles

zstyles Mouseketeer

We were in concierge and ordered off all the restaurant menus for breakfast each day..it was great! Made to order omelets..yes please!

12. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Thats a great idea! :thumbsup2

13. chemnerd09

chemnerd09 Mouseketeer

Thanks for confirming this for me. I had heard about this benefit, but no one seem to have actually done this. I'd rather have breakfast without a bunch of people to get my day started. :thumbsup2

14. schoen

schoen DIS Veteran

If it doesn't have to be "breakfast" food for you than you can order a hot breakfast. A BLT would be a good option. I wanted chicken fingers at 8:00 am, I called room service and they were in my room by 8:20. If you are looking for more traditional breakfast food, it was less hassle than I anticipated bringing breakfast to my room on debarkation morning.

15. MYo135

MYo135 Earning My Ears

Hey everyone, tried searching but came up empty. This thread seems to be full of knowledgable folks so here goes - My wife and I are avid "green juice" drinkers first thing in the morning (Kale/Cucumber/celery, etc). Do you guys think this will be a possibility on the ship? Strange request for sure but we can't possibly be the only ones ;-). Thanks in advance!!

16. MYo135

MYo135 Earning My Ears

Nobody knows?

17. Futurist

Futurist REAL magic is when you can make people WANT to bel

Truthfully, I don't know, but haven't seen any evidence of this. Best thing to do is ask. DCL folks are eager to please, and will do so if they can.

Richard

18. Topper

Topper The One True Duck

19. GoHabsGo

GoHabsGo Mouseketeer

Thanks! I was getting worried that I couldn't get a Mimosa at 7am!

My marching orders each day were to go to Cove Cafe after my workout and come back with a soy latte and muffins/pastries for DW. You don't have to buy a coffee (the pastries are free) but if you do, get a "frequent flyer card" and you'll end up with a free latte before the cruise is over - something I didn't know until the last morning :(