Room Requests

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Nancy1801, Mar 5, 2001.

1. Nancy1801

Nancy1801 Earning My Ears

Sep 25, 1999
    This will be my first stay at a Disney Resort (BWV) as a DVC member. In the past, when planning a stay at any of the other Disney resorts, I had always faxed a letter to the Room Controller approx. 4 days prior to our arrival date requesting certain things (room with a balcony, room on 1st floor, etc.). When staying with DVC points, can I still do that? And if so, then to whom do I fax my request letter? the same room controller that I would have sent any other resort stay request?

3/99 -- Disney Institute
    11/99 -- Poly
    5/00 -- Beach Club & Old Key West
    11/00 -- Dixie Landings
    5/01 -- Boardwalk
  2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Firefighter Mickey

Firefighter Mickey DIS Veteran

Dec 29, 2000
    You can do that, but I'm not convinced it matters.

In general, it's my understanding that room requests get serviced in the following order:

By date - oldest reservations first
    HCA for medical reasons
    Smoking preference
    All other requests

The best thing is to note the requests that you have when you make the reservation.
  4. BobH

BobH DIS Veteran

Mar 19, 2000
    I got the impression on this board that Disney only attached 2 of your requests to the reservation. For example I requested second floor, non-smoking and a particular building area. The agent took my requests, but when I got the paperwork only the non-smoking and the second floor requests were put on the paperwork. Does anyone have any experience with this?
  5. ParkFreak

ParkFreak Mouseketeer

Oct 24, 2000
    I just got my confirmation for VWL. I made 3 requests - non smoking, upper floor and pool/lodge view. Only the first two were on the confirmation letter.

Next trip: 9/01 at VWL!!
  6. Firefighter Mickey

Firefighter Mickey DIS Veteran

Dec 29, 2000
    I've always seen all of our requests show up. Last time the list was:

ground floor - medical
    near other people in this party