room requests, confused!

wvalx

Mouseketeer
Is it more important (or even useful) to make room requests now for a reservation I have in November or is it more important to get there early on the day of check-in.

I don't quite understand "room-ready policy" can someone please explain?

thanks!

Dave

Hi,
I'm not as experienced as other users to this site, but from my own experience...
When we have made ressies, I always request a general location (near pool, hospitality house, parking lot etc...). It seems that at busy times of the year, the earlier I check in (before 4PM) the better the chances of getting my location, even if I have to wait for the room, therefore we have to wait- not a problem, as we sit down for a bite to eat, and have bathing suits readily available for swimming. Good Luck!
Martha

"Room Ready" can be a mystery. Since it came into being, I've had rooms preassigned and rooms not preassigned. So the best thing is to put it on your reservation but also try to get there early. Even if your room is preassigned, they sometimes move assignments around on the day of check-in if someone else isn't happy with their room. When we got to BWV last Dec around 1:00pm, our room was preassigned (but not ready). When we got to OKW last May around 8:00pm, our room was not preassigned and we did not get our first floor request (not medical).

"room Ready" is only when the resort is not full. If the resort is full you will have a pre assigned room, atleast that was the way it was in July at BCV. We had a very bad experience with almost getting stuck with a really BAD smoking room and both myself and daughter have severe allergy with smoke. You need to make request when you made your reservation, or atleast call now.

Originally posted by wvalx
Is it more important (or even useful) to make room requests now for a reservation I have in November or is it more important to get there early on the day of check-in.

Doing both will help the most!

HBC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter