Room recommendations or ones to stay away from at POP!

TayvorMommy

Earning My Ears
New here, but i've done tons of research and can't seem to find just what I'm looking for, so I thought I'd start a thread... Anyone out there who has stayed at the POP I would love to hear any recommendations for rooms you loved:yay: or areas to stay away from:headache:. My hubby and I will be taking our 5 year old daughter in early May and have never stayed here before. We are staying in a standard room and I would appreciate it to be quiet while still not having too long of a walk to get anywhere. Pretty much an overall best standard room! LOL! I've heard staying lakeside instead of poolside is quieter. But other than that I have no clue. :confused3 Thanks so much for any and all of the help you can give me!!

Loved our courtyard room in the 70's. There was just something special about walking out our door each morning and seeing the HUGE Mickey phone looking back at us. Dont remember the building # but we were in the building with the big wheel.

Here's the issue. First? You really shouldn't get caught up in 'which room is best' at any resort. The chances of getting a specific room are incredibly slim....next to impossible.
Then, you have a standard room booked. These are the rooms that are a further distance from the bus stop, the main bldg (and food court) and the main pool area.
Now, having said all that??? My favorite bldg is number 4. And I like it on the side facing the lake (and now AoA), on a top floor. Very, very quiet and about a 4 min walk to the main bldg and only about 2 mins to the main pool. So, I would probably request either bldg 4 or 5, on the backside...away from the pool. These would be considered standard rooms.

We stayed in a "standard" room in the 50's section in 2010. The room was adequate but the walk from the buses/lobby/food court did seem to be quite long. We also were on the side facing the pool and the noise from the pool went on late into the night most of our trip.

That being said we had planned on staying there again until they opened AoA across the lake. The themes and decor there really made the difference for us and since we have two girls staying at the Little Mermaid section worked out great for us.

Nice thing about Pop is that it has it's own bus. You don't have to stop off at multiple stops to drop off or pick people up. AoA is setup the same way. The other values and even some of the moderates share buses, which can be time consuming. The food court is nice and the rooms are small but comfortable. They now have refrigerators in all of the values as well which is a nice upgrade.

You can request and pay for a preferred room, which is closer to the main hall and I would recommend. It's not too much more for that upgrade.

We ended up in the 60s section in a first floor lake side room. LOVED it and requested first floor an lake side for my upcoming April trip. The 60s section was still really close to the main building and bus stops. I don't necessarily need to be close...but loved how quiet it was even though we were on the first floor (actually requested 4th floor but the first floor actually worked out better for me and my mom...but 4th floor would be quieter).

We have stayed at POP many times and many different sections. We have enjoyed all our stays (with the exception of one) - our favorite location was the 50's (or maybe it was the 60's - I know we had to walk past the Jungle Book characters if that helps any:blush:) facing the lake. Super quiet and close to everything.
Our one less-than-pefect stay was when we were facing the pool. CRAZY loud until all hours of the night. So my recommendation for a quiet stay: Request a room that does NOT face a pool.

I always request 50s. I liked 70s too, but 50s has its own pool, and even the most remote rooms aren't that far away from Everything Pop. If you don't want to be involved in the super loud pool parties everyday, being near one of the quieter pools is great. I've stayed in the 80s, 70s, and 50s sections at Pop, and the only section I didn't like was the 80s section - the room I had was really far away from the main building.

We stayed in fifties bld.3 second floor facing the lake, it was a standard room, we were right behind the tramp icon, it was literally a five minute walk to the bus stop food court, it was perfect!!!!plus we were close to both the bowling pin pool and the hippy dippy pool and the best part, a very quirky peaceful location!!!!

I've stayed in building 2 (50's section) - non-preferred. I didn't think it was a terribly long walk to the main area/food court. We were in room 2222, which was a king room. We really liked it.

We were in the '70s, not the courtyard side, but in the wing of the bldg closest to the lake. Though we didn't have the giant icons outside our window, we saw them every time we went to the elevator. From where we were, it was super close to get to the lake and path. We spent lots of time looking across at AoA while strolling along the lake. It was a very nice stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter