Room only then package

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by heimlichfan, Jun 7, 2008.

1. heimlichfan

heimlichfan DIS Veteran

Okay, I know this has been discussed a gazillion times but let's discuss it just once more! ::yes::

What are your experiences with doing a one night room reservation for arrival day, followed by a package for subsequent days?

My family and I are planning a trip (6 plus a toddler) to the World and it looks like we will be staying in a 2-bedroom villa at SSR or OKW. (Opinions on that subject would be appreciated as well!) We would be flying in late on a Wednesday night and leaving late on a Sunday night.

If we spend that first night at a value resort, followed by the villa, it would save some $ on the whole trip.

My thought would be that we'd stay that first night at ASMu, and in the morning I would grab taxi over to the next resort to check in and drop off luggage while everyone else headed to the parks where I would meet them ASAP. Now I know that bell services can probably send the luggage and what not, but I would really prefer to do it myself. In my experience, early check-in seems to help with room requests - all the times we've had to check in late we did not end up near where I wanted to be.

Thoughts? (and thanks!)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Kim1964

Kim1964 <font color=teal>Was intimidated by her bug, but d

We did one night at Pop last year, followed by a 6 night package at YC. Because we wanted to get to early opening at BB, we checked in at YC at 7:00 a.m. Naturally, our room wasn't ready (didn't expect it to be), but the front desk CM got us a wonderful standard view room overlooking the wedding gazebo, with a partial view of the Boardwalk...it was lovely.

We had a rental car so we just kept our bags in the trunk for the day.

4. brentalex

brentalex DIS Veteran

Just make sure you realize that since you will have 2 reservations, it will mean paying 2 deposits. And you will also need multiple rooms at the value resort since you all can't fit into one room.

5. heimlichfan

heimlichfan DIS Veteran

Oh yes, I know we need two rooms. :thumbsup2 It's still less to do two value rooms for a night than an additional villa night.

Thanks for the input!