Room Only Discount

DatFan

Mouseketeer
Help, I am confused. If I have a package booked already, will I be able to take advantage of a future room only discount?

Help, I am confused. If I have a package booked already, will I be able to take advantage of a future room only discount?

If I am reading this right I may not be but if not someone will step in. If a room only discount comes out you can call & see if you can get it. Not sure if you can adding the dinning plan or tickets to it. Cant hurt to call if ones comes out. Not if you a;ready have a discount with your package no you won't be allowed to change as it is double dipping. Unlessyou want to cancel that one & make a new one if this makes sense. Good luck. Again just my view if I am reading what you want :)

I'm not sure what poster means either. But if you have a package and want to change reservation to a room only, if better discount comes out, you can. But as packages & room only are booked differently, you'd have to book room only then have then cancel package.
You can add tickets to room only but then it becomes a package?

If a discount on room rates comes out, it can be applied to just the room rate portion of your package as long as your room category and resort are included and there is availability in your room category and resort. If you already have a discount on your package (e.g. free dining) you cannot stack discounts so you would have to do the math to see which discount is better for you.

If you are asking about switching to a room only reservation if a discount comes out, you will have to book a new reservation for the room only and cancel the package. You will have to pay a new deposit (one night's room rate) and your package deposit will be refunded because room only reservations and packages are handled by separate departments so money paid to one cannot be transferred to the other. If you cancel the package within 45 days of arrival (for 2015 packages) or within 30 days of arrival (for 2016 packages) you would forfeit the $200 deposit.

If a discount on room rates comes out, it can be applied to just the room rate portion of your package as long as your room category and resort are included and there is availability in your room category and resort. If you already have a discount on your package (e.g. free dining) you cannot stack discounts so you would have to do the math to see which discount is better for you.

If you are asking about switching to a room only reservation if a discount comes out, you will have to book a new reservation for the room only and cancel the package. You will have to pay a new deposit (one night's room rate) and your package deposit will be refunded because room only reservations and packages are handled by separate departments so money paid to one cannot be transferred to the other. If you cancel the package within 45 days of arrival (for 2015 packages) or within 30 days of arrival (for 2016 packages) you would forfeit the $200 deposit.

:thumbsup2

:hyper:

Thank you! And sorry about the lack of clarity in my question. What I have now is a Room only ressie and plan to change to Package soon. Historically, Feb discounts include a room only or maybe a SPD offer. I was unsure that after changing over to Package that I would be allowed to take advantage of Room only discount(IF in fact it is a better deal than the SPD offer). Thanks to all for the replies.

maybe it would be easier to wait for discounts to come out before altering res?

You can usually apply a room discount to the room portion of a package.

If you already have a package booked they will probably be able to just apply it for you, if it corresponds to your dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter