Room occupancy question

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by jaceraden, Feb 3, 2013.

1. jaceraden

jaceraden DIS Veteran

I know I should know this and I know I've read about it before.

We are now a family of 5. What are the rules about where we can stay? Does it matter that one of our 5 is an infant? I know our limitations once my tiny infant becomes a real person. I just don't know if there is a different rule because he's a baby.

Thanks in advance.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Megsie1000

Megsie1000 Mouseketeer

Children under 3 do not count against the occupancy limits unless there is more than one child under 3, if that makes sense.

Right now you can stay in any room that has an occupancy of at least 4. I would recommend taking advantage of that and booking something like the Wilderness Lodge or the Animal Kingdom lodge that will be off-limits for you (at least for all of you in one room) later.

4. jaceraden

jaceraden DIS Veteran

This is what I thought but wanted to be sure. Thanks for the great idea. It's something I had never thought about.

5. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Any of the values or moderates in a standard room accommodate 4 + 1 under the age of 3, with the WL and AKL accommodating the same as the pp said. Once your youngest turns 3, you will need 2 rooms at a value (unless you book a value suite), moderate, or WL/AKL. You will, however, be able to get 1 deluxe room as all of them (with the exception of WL/AKL) accommodate 5 + 1 under age 3.

6. sndral

sndral DIS Veteran

Doesn't POR (a moderate) still have rooms that accommodate 5? And FW cabins work for 6, I believe.

7. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Yes they do....I forgot about both POR alligator bayou rooms as well as FWC. Thanks for correcting that :goodvibes.