Room Key, Park Pass, "Charge Card"?

Emrys

Earning My Ears
Can I use my room key/park pass as a charge to my room? I have looked a little and didn't see anything about this. I would assume that this is possible.

Thanks for the help!

Yes, as long as you're staying on-site and choose to set that up when you check in. You'll either need to provide a credit card or cash (that can be in the form of Disney Dollars or traveler's checks).

As far as I know,you can use your card-key for charges on purchases throughout Disney.I have not used this option myself,but I did read some info about it last year in the room,AllStar Music.I believe you can charge up to a certain amount and then you may have to pay some to be able to charge again.As I said,I read some info but chose not to use this option,so some of my info may not be accurate.I may check it out further this year,in October,when we arrive.But here's a tip:If you do not charge anything to your room account and if you pay in full at check-in,at your check-out time,in the early morning hours,someone will hang a copy of your room charges on your door;and with no extra charges,you do not have to check out at the front desk.You can leave by check-out time.
Hope I've helped.

You can leave without checking out even if you charge things to your room, provided you gave them a credit card.

This is what they'll do. They're not going to charge your credit card each time you stop and buy something. Instead, they'll wait until you've charged a certain amount of money. I think it's $500 for values, $1000 for moderates, and $1500 for deluxes. Then they'll do one big batch transaction to your credit card. (That saves them money since credit card companies charge a fee for each transaction.) You don't have to stop buying stuff there. They'll just reset it to zero and you can start all over. You'll never even know it happened if you don't request a print out of your charges.

Since they do the charges this way, you have the option to secure your room charge with a credit card but pay it off with cash before you check out. They'll do the batch transaction either on the morning you check out or when you reach your limit, whichever comes first. So you can swing by guest services on your last night and pay it off then if you want to.

Originally posted by darel
But here's a tip:If you do not charge anything to your room account and if you pay in full at check-in,at your check-out time,in the early morning hours,someone will hang a copy of your room charges on your door;and with no extra charges,you do not have to check out at the front desk.You can leave by check-out time.
Hope I've helped.

This is called Express checkout. If you leave a credit card at check-in and they set you up for express checkout, they will automatically charge your credit card early in the morning for the room key balance and hang the receipt on your door (or slide it under at a deluxe), usually by 7:00am. You do not have to go to the front desk, you just leave. You can continue to charge on the key for the rest of the day, they will charge the additional balance at the end of the day. If you have a balance for your actual room rate when you check-in, say your deposit was only for 1 night and you have to pay for the rest, they charge that right away on check-in day.

Thanks Debbie and Kermit for filling in the areas for me that I wasn't completely sure of.Myself,I send a one night's deposit by check,and then I pay in full,usually with a credit card at check in.I normally don't charge anything else to my room.Not even phone calls,(use a calling card).That way,we do as I said earlier,we just leave on our departure day.That works better for us.Yall fill in more blanks if I left anymore.Thanks.

Exactly the info I was looking for. I paid in full, so all we gotta do is go :cool: I don't know if I will use the room charge feature. Because I like to have everything with me, including my wallet. So it is probably nothing more than using the card it's connected to :) Thanks for all the information... There really was no mention of this anywhere that I could see.

Originally posted by darel
I normally don't charge anything else to my room.Not even phone calls,(use a calling card).That way,we do as I said earlier,we just leave on our departure day.That works better for us.Yall fill in more blanks if I left anymore.Thanks.

If you call with a calling card from your room, they will charge you 75 cents per call.

Thanks Debbie for the info about the calling card use in the room.It seems with that situation,I may have to pay the .75 because on a pay phone,you are charged many minutes off of the card for a service fee.That stinks!But I think the .75 per call would be better than losing all of those minutes,plus the minutes for the conversation.

When using an ordinary prepaid calling card at an ordinary pay phone, they usually deduct about 35 cents worth of minutes as a service charge. You should be able to call the customer service number on the calling card to find out for free what that service charge really is.

In some hotels (I am not sure about WDW resorts) there are a few non-pay phones that give free local calls. If you can find one of these, y ou can use your calling card with no extra minutes taken off for a service charge. How you begin dialing varies, most likely it is one of: 91 or 9 or 81 or 8 or 1 or nothing before you dial the 800 number of the calling card. Try different combinations.

Usually I use the pay phones in hotel lobbies rather than the room phone.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter