Room Items & Other Questions ?

TwoAtDisney

Julie
Is a small bedroom fridge allowed?

Are window coverings provided in the bedrooms?

Does someone about 5'5" need a step stool to reach her items stacked on the closet shelf?

Is a foldable, 2 wheel, wheelie cart good/needed for getting groceries up to the room and for hauling laundry to the facilities?

Is there a workout gym? If so, does it contain much & is it always busy? Anyone know of a good personal trainer who has worked in the apt. complexes?

I am not sure about the mini fridge, but I doubt it is allowed since they have a full size fridge for everyone to share. That is a question that is best to run by housing. Our bathrooms were towards the inside of the apartment so they had no windows. I don't know if that's standard but I'd imagine so.

A wheelie cart is a good idea if you don't have a car. I believe housing will loan you out a cart if you need it. There is a gym available (I wanna say each complex has their own) and ours in Patterson Court never seemed particularly busy to me since everyone works such different hours. But to be fair, I never had time to use it.

(Speaking from having lived in Vista and with knowledge of Chatham and The Commons)

Small refrigerators are not allowed. They dont allow you to bring any extra appliances or furniture in to the apartments, with the exception of small shelves.

The windows have blinds.

The closet shelves were probably about 6' off the ground so you might need a stool

Yes the cart would be good for grocery shopping if you dont have a car. As for laundry, I know each building in vista has 3 washers and 3 dryers on the first floor. The commons has washers and dryers in the apartments and I'm assuming patterson and chatham do as well.

Yes each complex has it's own gym. Vista's gym is a decent size. It had a few treadmills, 2 bikes and an elliptical or two along with a few weight machines and some free weights. But I know that all of that had since been replaced with new equipment about a month after I left. I think chatham has 2 gyms. The one i saw was pretty nice, about the size of a two car garage plus bathrooms. The commons has it's gym in the clubhouse. Not sure about Patterson. And from what i saw, the gym at vista got somewhat crowded at night during the late summer (august and september).

Don't know of any personal trainers that work in the complexes. That probably wouldn't be allowed. But maybe you could find someone who's majoring in fitness :confused3

Patterson and Chatham don't have laundry machines in the rooms. I'm not sure of the exact setup, but I know only the Commons have the machines in the rooms.

As for the gym, I know Commons had a pretty small gym, but it never looked that crowded. If you're interested in a personal trainer, you'll probably be better off trying to find a gym off property. I'd try for something on the Lynx bus line if you won't have a car. Those stops are very conveniently located.

There is a fitness center in the Team Disney building (near DTD), with reasonable rates for cast members, and they can deduct the money directly from your paycheck. The hours are from 5:30am-8pm M-F (so, not the greatest hours for all cast, but if you have a schedule with a lot of closing shifts, it would be do-able). I believe that they have personal trainers, but I'm not sure about the price for that.

(Speaking from having lived in Vista and with knowledge of Chatham and The Commons)

Small refrigerators are not allowed. They dont allow you to bring any extra appliances or furniture in to the apartments, with the exception of small shelves.

Does that exclude toasters as well?

The windows have blinds.

The closet shelves were probably about 6' off the ground so you might need a stool

Yes the cart would be good for grocery shopping if you dont have a car. As for laundry, I know each building in vista has 3 washers and 3 dryers on the first floor. The commons has washers and dryers in the apartments and I'm assuming patterson and chatham do as well.

Yes each complex has it's own gym. Vista's gym is a decent size. It had a few treadmills, 2 bikes and an elliptical or two along with a few weight machines and some free weights. But I know that all of that had since been replaced with new equipment about a month after I left. I think chatham has 2 gyms. The one i saw was pretty nice, about the size of a two car garage plus bathrooms. The commons has it's gym in the clubhouse. Not sure about Patterson. And from what i saw, the gym at vista got somewhat crowded at night during the late summer (august and september).

Don't know of any personal trainers that work in the complexes. That probably wouldn't be allowed. But maybe you could find someone who's majoring in fitness :confused3

Chatham only has one gym. I usually used it early in the morning, was entirely abandoned. :) Used it right after I got off work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter