• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room for Aero bed in BWV studio?

Mercy

<font color="blue">never been tagged ... until now
Was thinking about renting points for a BWV studio. We really don't need anything hugh as we don't spend much time in the room. I know there is a queen bed and a pull out sofa, would there be room for an Aero bed also? It would just make the sleeping arrangements less stressful.

How many people are you planning on? These rooms are really no bigger than a regular hotel room, so you need to think about crowding when you are not sleeping.

I don't think so. We stayed in a BWV studio awhile ago - April 98 - but I don't remember there being enough room for an Aero bed either at the foot of the other beds, or between them.

I am not sure what an "Aero" bed is but if it is a blow up mattress it is possible to fit one although you might have to stick it near the door or in the area between the half kitchen and the bathroom sinks (which are outside the bathroom). Note at BWV they have dedicated studios that provide a daybed to sleep up to five. You need to specifically request one of those and usually they are given to groups of 5. I am assuming you are probably four but want to divide the sexes of the kids. The day bed is not large but can hold most children up to age 13.

Originally posted by drusba
You need to specifically request one of those and usually they are given to groups of 5. I am assuming you are probably four but want to divide the sexes of the kids. The day bed is not large but can hold most children up to age 13.

I'd say the day bed is big enough to hold someone up to 5' tall. My 12 year old nephew was easily too tall to fit in the daybed.

I assume you already have an Aerobed. Fitting it into the Studio we just had at BWV would be tight if you don't open the sofabed. It would be very tight if you stuffed it in the area between the wet-bar and batharea sink.

If you don't have an aerobed, you might consider a self-inflating sleeping mattress. These are essentially open celled foam mattresses with some type of durable vinyllike covering, and some type of valve mechanism. When you open the valve, air enters and 'opens' the cells. Once 'filled', you close the valve and have a comfortable (if firm) sleeping pad. When done using it, you open the valve and roll the mattress up like a sleeping bag. Then close the valve and you have a nice compressed mattress to pack away. We got some for camping a few years ago, and you can't feel the rocks or twigs or anything through them. The big advantage is they pack easily (assuming you're driving [or hiking!] ), sleep comfortably, and you really don't have to worry too much about punctures as the covering is much thicker than any inflatable mattress I've seen. They also require less internal air to provide support, so less pressure is put on the shell (from what I can tell).

They were originally designed for 'real' campers, so they're lightweight and can compact relatively small.

Hope this helps,
Joe

I have a queen aero and wouldn't even try it. If you have a single, it might fit in the doorway area or in the living area (only if you don't open the sofabed). I'm thinking it might help if you have 2 adults in the reg. bed, and older kids who don't want to share...maybe one could sleep on the couch w/out being opened and the other on the single aero?? Not really sure what your situation is - but maybe that helps. BTW - my 3 year old slept in the day bed - but I'm not sure my now 6 year-old would fit comfortably and she's only 4' tall.

Maybe, maybe, 2 single aero beds if you don't use the sofa-sleeper. Barely. I am assuming you will only have 4 people in there.

At OKW, there would be room.

We have use a twin size areo bed in a BWV studio. We have two teens one boy one girl so no way they would want to share.And as my boy is 6'3' and over 200 lbs no way DH or I want to share with him so we bring the areo bed. We fit it between the bed and sofa with it pulled out with no problem. It may have not been full inflated to fit but you can adjust them easy. We would stand it up agaist the wall during the day. Good luck and have a great trip.
Brenda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter