Room charging-travel with non-family member

minniemmom

Mouseketeer
I've never gone to WDW without family before; going in Sept to celebrate big 5-0 with gf-woo-hoo! :yay: Can we have 2 credit cards on file for room charging-one for her and one for me; i.e., separate accounts for the same room? :confused3
Thanks for any help!:goodvibes

I've never gone to WDW without family before; going in Sept to celebrate big 5-0 with gf-woo-hoo! :yay: Can we have 2 credit cards on file for room charging-one for her and one for me; i.e., separate accounts for the same room? :confused3
Thanks for any help!:goodvibes

Yes, you certainly can:

1) Every room key with charging can be tied to a different credit card.
2) In your case, those arriving can tie their key to their own credit card.
3) Have them ask for a "SHARE" when they check-in. (Use this specific word.)
4) If CM doesn't know how, ask them to check the Front Desk Manual.

Example:
Mom and daughter in same room. Mom pays for the whole room cost with her credit card. Mom can have her room key tied to the mother's MasterCard for mother's purchases. Daughter can have her room key tied to the daughter's VISA for daughter's purchases.

Process:
. . . mom checks in, with her credit card, just as usual and gets room #1212
. . . daughter checks in and tells Front Desk CM this is a "SHARE" room
. . . daughter must use this exact phrase, as it has special meaning
. . . daughter uses her credit card and gets a virtual room #1212a
. . . repeat for as many credit cards room people want to use
. . . mother and daughter purchases now go to individual credit cards
. . . one or both could pay a part of the room bill
. . . the 1st to check-in gets charges for phones or room service (system glitch)
. . . this can be done for as many room keys that have charge privileges

WOW! That certainly is great info! :worship: I am going to print this out so I will have it when we go! Thanks so much! :goodvibes

We asked to do this when a friend and I shared a room a few months ago. We were told it can't be done -- only one card for charging purposes per room - no exceptions.

We asked to do this when a friend and I shared a room a few months ago. We were told it can't be done -- only one card for charging purposes per room - no exceptions.

1) I am sorry you were misinformed.
2) To do this, you ask for a "SHARE" ressie/room.
3) It is a specific term for a specific function.
4) This is done every day, especially at WDW convention resorts.
5) If the CM refuses you
. . . ask for a manager
. . . ask them to look up "SHARE" in the Front Desk Procedure Manual.

Great info, RustyScupper.

Thanks, RustyScupper. I will definitely give it another try in a couple of months -- and I'll remember to use the term SHARE.

Two years ago when my sister came with us, the CM asked us if my sister would like her credit card on her room key for charging purposes - we didn't even have to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter