room and dining question

pippy

Mouseketeer
Our DF is thinking about booking another Disney Cruise, and we really liked the cabin we were in and just loved Carlos whom took care of our stateroom, my question is if we booked the same cabin or near it, will we get the same dining room servers? I wasn't too thrilled with our servers, if so may we request different servers and stay in or near the same cabin?

Thanks!!

You haven't told us how long ago your last cruise was....however MOST cast members are on a 6 months on, 2 months off contract. Assignments are moved around to accomadate vacations, so there is no guarantee that the same cabin will have the same steward.

You can always request a particular server. In addition, after boarding, you can go to "Dining changes" and ask who your server is. If you don't like the answer, you can ask to be moved to someone else. You also may or may not have the same dining rotation as you had last time. Rotations are loosely assigned based on the ages of the children and the age distribution on the ship, but it isn't totally firm. Thus, one rotation is primarily toddlers/young kids. Another is primarily adults alone and older kids. However, where the line is drawn between young/middle/older kids varies from cruise to cruise based on the age distribution of passengers on board.

Actually, unless you request a particular server, the chances of getting the same (and especially the same team) are rather small. We have a favorite server whom we request on a regular basis. I think we've had him with 6 different assistants--never the same one twice. Most of the assistants have gone on to be promoted to servers an moved to the Wonder.

A January 15 cruise will have a lot more little kids than a spring break cruise.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter