romantic disney getaway

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by tihean, Feb 20, 2013.

1. tihean

tihean Earning My Ears

any special recommendations "must dos" for a couple doing to disney in March?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. spiceycat

spiceycat dvc-blt,vwl,bwv

where are you staying?

if after March 6 - then go to Epcot - flower/garden

4. ALDSMD

ALDSMD Mouseketeer

I was wondering the same thing:) My husband and I are going without the kids for the first time this April. It is going to be so weird. We haven't been anywhere without them especially Disney!! Looking forward to some ideas.

5. DT83097

DT83097 DIS Veteran

DH and I will be there next week for our 3rd adults only trip! WDW is such a different experience without the kiddos and we always have the best time! One simple thing we like to do is stroll World Showcase in the evening...maybe with a drink in hand :). Just being able to have a leisurely walk without worrying about where the kids are at is soooooo relaxing! On previous trip we did the Illuminations fireworks cruise but it is pricey!
    Maybe plan a romantic dinner at a restaurant you wouldn't normally go with the kids??

6. My Grandpa

My Grandpa Mouseketeer

2 trips ago .... AFTER a week with the kids - they left and we stayed a few extra days by ourselves (these were 'adult' kids a grandson and his cousin). Think about an evening over on The Boardwalk. Dinner at Flying Fish (wonderful seafood) and then hanging out at Jelly Rolls. We love Epcot and every world pavilion is awesome when you get to walk slowly, absorb the displays and shops, and (as you are already anticipating) not having to count noses. Finally if you have not seen Cirque du Soleil ... Do It! Adults seem to appreciate the aristry and talent and joy far more then kids. Have Fun!!!!

7. katemusical

katemusical Earning My Ears

My husband and I are going in June. I had heard that Artist's Point in Wilderness Lodge was a nice date night, since California Grill will still be closed. When I called and made the reservation, the operator said "Oh, that's my favorite romantic restaurant." So there you go.

8. heynowirv

heynowirv DIS Veteran

It IS romantic ,but my wife and I were very disappointed with the dinner. Our server was wonderful,and we had a nice time:)

9. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

I would suggest a splurge and go to Victoria and Albert's. There are only 46 restaurants in the entire United States that are rated as Five Diamond by AAA, and V&A is one of them. It is not only the food, but the entire experience. Check out www.victoria-alberts.com for lots of details.

10. sabcook

sabcook Mouseketeer

I second the V&A suggestion. I have been lucky enough to go there three times and they count as the three best meals I have ever had.

11. SkywayGuy

SkywayGuy Earning My Ears

My wife and I stayed at WL for our 25th anniversary 5 years ago and ate at Artist Point the first night. After dinner we took the boat over to Fort Wilderness for a carriage ride, and as it was finishing up we could see the fireworks through the trees. Nice evening! (BTW, if you order flowers to be delivered to your room from a local florist it's about half the cost of ordering from Disney).

12. dianedisneylady

dianedisneylady Earning My Ears

I thought you could only order from Disney florist if you were staying on Disney property... who would you recommend?