Romance at Disneyworld

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by cflood78, Jun 10, 2004.

1. cflood78

cflood78 Earning My Ears

Jun 9, 2004
    Hey everyone, this is my first post as a new member of this community. I will be honeymooning at the BWI July 11th - 18th, and was wondering what insider tips you have for little romantic things that we can do. This will be our first vacation together to DW, although we have both been immersed in the Disney phenomenon since we were kids. Any and all tips are welcome!

Thank you in advance.
  2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. karemore

karemore DIS Veteran

Mar 3, 2004
    We honeymooned at the GF in April.

At first I was trying to fit in as much park time as possible, and trying to see and do as much as we could......

But then I realized WDW will ALWAYS be there.

We will never be there on our honeymoon again.

So we didn't do all the parks. We didn't do all the attractions. We didn't do a lot of things.....

What we did do was enjoy the luxury of our room.

We enjoyed the pools.

We enjoyed walking the beautifully landscaped grounds of the Disney hotels.

We enjoyed taking a ferry ride across the lagoon, just for the sake of the ride.....things like that.

Don't try to do commando Disney vacation this can go back again and hit all the rides.

This time stop and smell the roses together.

Congratulations and best wishes for many many years together and many more Disney vacations!

Oh, and one of the most romantic memories I have is walking around the lagoon at EPCOT after Illuminations.

We watched from the American Adventure side....and walked back to the exit by torch light. We walked very

4. Suzanne74

Suzanne74 DIS Veteran

May 28, 2004
    Go to the world showcase in Epcot and share a drink in every county (or as many as you can!)

Go to the beach at poly w/ a mini picnic at night to watch fireworks.

take an illuminations cruise (pricey at $120 for boat if not sharing) but very romantic - you can even bring champagne!!

Also very pricey is Victoria's and Alberts Restaurant at GF - VERY romantic

I also agree with the above poster - have it more relaxed and do things as a couple - new dinsey things!! Soon enough you will have kids and will be going commando style whether you want to or not - hehe! Try and make this one memorable in a different way.

HTH and congrats!!
  5. Nanu57v

Nanu57v <font color=darkorchid>Someone needs to tell the T

May 6, 2004
    I agree--take your time.

We stayed at Poly on our honeymoon.

We were never at the parks when they opened: we often slept in until late.

We hit all the parks but MGM and AK were quite briefly. Remember this is your honeymoon. Its your time to relax from the wedding stresses and to start your marriage off great--away from the distractions of everyday life. Not start it off exhausted from a "commando-style" honeymoon.

My favorite thing from our honeymoon was laying in a hammock on the beach at Poly, and watching the fireworks at MK together.

You also HAVE to get those Bride and Groom Mouse ear hats. So many people treat you special when they know its your honeymoon.
  6. mikep25

mikep25 Earning My Ears

Aug 13, 2002
    We went to the Hoop-de-doo revue on our honeymoon and they made a big deal of any honeymooners there. They had us get up and dance and kiss in front of everyone. It was kind of embarrassing and romantic at the same time (actually, we were so nervous standing up in front of everyone that we didn't even notice that Michael J. Fox and his family were sitting behind us)..

7. cflood78

cflood78 Earning My Ears

Jun 9, 2004
    Thanks all, there are some good things that I haven't thought of, and I look forward to trying some of these, and whatever other thoughts people put forth.

Thanks a bunch!
  8. Nanu57v

Nanu57v <font color=darkorchid>Someone needs to tell the T

May 6, 2004
    I just thought of something else. We did the luau, and they had a special recognition for honeymooners and people celebrating their anniversary.
  9. ead79

ead79 <font color=#FF0066>Disney Bride!<br><font color=v

Jan 21, 2000
    You could try to book (or check the Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies board to see if anyone has one to share) an Illuminations or Wishes fireworks cruise. They are wonderful!

When DH and I honeymooned at WDW we also enjoyed taking it slowly. We spent a lot of time in our room resting (we didn't count on all the post-wedding exhaustion, LOL!), and the BWI is a great resort for relaxing. You can also rent surrey bikes (2 seaters with cute little fringe topped roofs) and pedal around Crescent Lake. We visited several other resorts to dine there, which was nice. We also scheduled a few special meals (our favorite was dinner at Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge--yum!). Enjoy your honeymoon! :)
  10. Davids-Coco

Davids-Coco <font color=green>Sometimes my inner monologue isn

Apr 4, 2004
    We are honeymooning there in September... and it will be delayed over a year at that point! So, I have had a lot of time to plan this without dealing with anything wedding related.

Here are some of the things we are doing:
    -staying in luxury (GF concierge honeymoon suite) as we will probably be spending some time there.
    -Segway tour at Epcot, surprise for my darling DH who is a software engineer and loves techie toys.
    -Victoria & Albert's.
    -taking our time when we want, leaving when we want, etc.
    -Carriage ride at WL.
    -Seeing La Nouba... we love Cirque and it is one of only two shows we haven't seen.
    -having plenty of sit down dinners!
    -buying bride and groom mouse ears, bride and groom tee shirts from the disney catalouge (they are really cute and personalized!), and... getting nike id shoes that say MR M and MRS M (but with the full last name).
    -possibly doing the Disney Photography Services Honeymoon package at MK.

Have a great honeymoon!!!
  11. Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert "I love to laugh"

Aug 20, 1999

We had our honeymoon at WDW too. It was my first time in '94 and we have been back every year since. Sometimes two or three times a year. It is so nice to be in love there. Here are some things we have done.

Rent a canoe at Fort Wilderness and take a picnic. It will seem as if you are 100s of miles away from the crowds.

Go to the Luau at the Poly. The food sucks but the show is great. And the do nice things for newlyweds.

Watch the fireworks at the MK from these locations:
    The roof of the Contemp.
    Beach of the Poly
    Balcony of room.
    And Main Street.

Take a private horse drawn surry ride at Fort Wilderness.

Order room service

Walk on the sandy beaches at night around the Seven seas Lagoon.

Kiss Often.

Have fun

Uncle Albert