rollaways. . .

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by mousefansmom, Feb 5, 2005.

1. mousefansmom

mousefansmom DIS Veteran DVC Gold

This is probably a dumb question but friends of ours who are sailing with their two ds, are wondering if they can get a separate bed for their 5 yo. He apparently rocks throughout the night and nobody can sleep with him. Do they even HAVE rollaways on the ship, and will it fit in the room? They are in a cat 6.

Mousefansmom :wave:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. videogal1

videogal1 DIS Veteran

I have heard that beds on wheels are not available on the ships...
    :banana:

4. mousefansmom

I hadn't even thought of the wheel thing-Maybe he won't need to rock then, the bed could just move back and forth to the motion of the waves :teeth:
    Could they bring an air mattress or something?
    Mousefansmom

5. CarolAnnC

CarolAnnC <font color=blue>Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syrin

A Category 6 booked for four people will have enough existing bedding in the stateroom. There will be the twin beds (which can be pushed together to make a queen) a sofa that converts to a bed, and a bed which pulls down from up above. No rollaways or other bedding can be brought into the room.

6. scrapperjill

scrapperjill DIS Veteran

I think when you enter the stateroom..the main bed is set up as a queen...but it can be seperated into two twin beds if you ask your room stewart. Other than that there is the sofa that converts into a twin...and the pull down..that comes out of the celing. Other than that...no roll-a-ways.

7. tvguy

tvguy Question anything the facts don't support.

There's no space for a rollaway anyway.

8. webray

webray Love the wineauxs!

So..the boys will be able to sleep in different beds..no problem.

9. mickeygal3

mickeygal3 Earning My Ears

There are three beds in the rooms. A sofa bed, A bed from the ceiling, and a normal bed. They would have separate beds if the parents sleep together. Maybe they should try to help him get past this bad habbit before the cruise. :banana:

10. mousefansmom

I am really glad to hear that they will have separate beds. He is a special needs child, so they unfortunately cannot fix the "habit".

Thanks everyone for the help!!

Mousefansmom

11. smchan

smchan <font color=navy>Prefers to be original, thank you

Yes, I was able to get a roll-away bed a couple years ago on the Wonder. My wife and I were placed in a wheelchair accessible room (6000 - a cat 8) which was a bit larger than a typical cat 8 and lacked a sleeper sofa. Anyways, I fell very ill and was quarantied so DCL provided a roll-away bed so my wife and I would be more comfortable while I was sick. Space was tight with the bed open.

I don't recall whether the bed had wheels or not, but it looked like a roll-away; the typical fold-up twin bed on a portable frame.

Sam

12. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Yes, above poster is right that the handicapped accessible rooms are much larger so a roll away would fit...but there is no way DCL would put or could even fit a rollaway in the standard cabins...possibly the Cat 1 or 2 suites, but not the regular cabins.

MJ