Rollator Walker - where can they be used and not used?

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
I have a hard time standing in one spot. Walking is much better, but standing just kills my knees to the point I can't take it. So standing for fireworks, shows, long waits, etc is pretty much impossible. I was thinking of possibly getting a Rollator for myself, but I'm wondering how that will work........where it can and can not be used.

Any tips or advice on how to manage for this upcoming trip? Thanks

You can use one anywhere- or at least anywhere you can use a wheelchair or ecv. Because Disneyland has more rides that don't have HA regular FP and Standby lines, you will be directed to the alternate HA entrance for those attractions. Depending on the length of the lines, you may be given a return time for those rides. Get a copy of the Guide for Guests with Disabilities when you enter the park.

I should have said our trip is to Disney World. My husband had an ECV last trip, but we didn't see about getting a disability card, pass, or whatever the current policy is. He will be on the ECV again this trip. From what I've heard about with their current guidelines, I didn't think we would qualify for anything. Am I wrong on that?

You are correct that mobility or stamina issues alone will not qualify for the DAS. That would include your DH's ECV and your rollator. Most queues at WDW are mainstreamed, which means you can take your mobility device through either the standby or FP+ queue; only a few will require you to use an alternate entrance, and at those may be given a "wheelchair return time." Minnie mum recommended that you pick up the Guide for Guests with Disabilities -- it's a park map that also notes which rides have an alternate entrance, which require transfer to a wheelchair, etc. They may be available near the park entrance with the regular park maps, or you can get one at Guest Relations.

Enjoy your vacation!

If your needs are met by an ECV or a rollator, then no, chances are you will not qualify for a DAS.

I used a rollator at HS. I think they took it as I was going onto Star Tours and met me on the other side. Same with R-n-R. I can't think of any line that I couldn't take it right through.

For the Great Movie Ride, it went on the tram with me.

I also had it for part of the trip at Epcot. But I can't remember anything about it.

Sorry, I don't know why I had it in my head that you were going to DLR. I think I'd just replied to another thread about the Cali parks. :upsidedow If your DH has to use as ecv, I'm sure you're already aware of those rides that use alternate entrances and/or loading areas at WDW.

A rollator is treated the same as a wheelchair and you will be able to bring it into every attraction to the point of boarding.
If unloading is at a different place than loading, the CMs will either move it from where you board to the unload area or you will be routed to a bypass and board at the exit. The CMs will direct you what to do.

a few rides that use alternative entrances

MK
BTMRR ( you get a time and go thought the exit)
JC
space mountion ( you go thought the FP line)

EPCOT

space ship earth ( you go thought the exit.)

I am sure I have missed some

Have a great trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter