"Roger" Stands Alone

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by Sarangel, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Sarangel

Sarangel <font color=red><font color=navy>Rumor has it ...<

From Yahoo! News:

2. DVC-Landbaron

DVC-Landbaron What Would Walt Do?

You know Sara, Hill did a rather good piece on this a while back.

You can see it HERE.

I think this little gem ought to start things off nicely:
    And as I recall it goes downhill from there. Nice going Ei$ner!! You did it again!!

3. d-r

d-r <font color=red>l|ll|||ll||ll||<font color=purple>

OK,
    I haven't said anything gushing about Disney lately, and especially Disney DVD / Home Video, but I have a lot of positive things to say about the Roger Rabbit 2-dvd set.

I have to admit that WFRR isn't my absolute favorite - honestly, it tires me a little during the wharehouse scene in the climax. But I do really enjoy the first parts, though, with the humor and gags. But I was never motivated enough by it to purchase the Anchor Bay dvd release, which was a bare-bones and costly dvd back in the day when DVD was new and Disney wasn't really in the business (I do have the Anchor Bay" The Black Hole" though). Well, even though it was a - what, four years? wait, it was worth it!

But, anyway, the new HFRR discs are really great. I gave myself some downtime today and put them in. IMHO, the shorts and just the menus make it worth the price. The menu work is fantastic, fun, and interesting. Very nice job. There is a ton of bonus material on the second disc. The video and audio are great. This set is really worth the price (I think it was 19.95 at disney store before discounts). Any animation fan should have this, absolutely. This is release at the level of Pixar/Fantasia/Vault Disney/Snow White. A step up from Tarzan / ENG / Atlantis/ Dinosaur / batb/ SE's, and treasures too, really, imho. A really nice job.

DR