• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rocky Mountain Highs (a non-Disney Trip Report) - COMPLETE 2/17

In the end, we found a good compromise. We splurged on a nice place in Moab, but only for 2 nights. We decided to spend one night in Grand Junction, Colorado, about two hours away from Moab and featuring much cheaper hotels. This seemed like a worthy solution addressing both our desires and budget.
Well, as long as they don't charge you $18 for a pillow.

Now for the really annoying part: in order to get there, we’d have to drive all the way to Grand Junction, Colorado—our home for the night, in case you’ve already forgotten everything I told you three paragraphs ago. Then we would have to turn southeast and drive 90 minutes southeast through Montrose to the park. After our visit, we’d have to completely retrace our steps to get back to Grand Junction.
Wait a minute. Does this hotel in Grand Junction have a decent pool. Cause I think I've got an idea to save you about 3 hours on the road.

The westbound lanes are cantilevered over the eastbound lanes, reducing the overall footprint of the interstate and allowing for some great views of the river and canyon walls. After it was constructed, this stretch of highway won several awards that you’ve never heard of, because nobody pays attention to highway engineers unless they screw up.
Cool! And I didn't even know that highway engineers did enough good things to even have any kind of an awards system.

I was struck there by the eerie silence over such a vast space. There is no such silence here. Even over 2,000 feet above the canyon floor, you’re constantly aware of the roaring river below.
That's almost like a waterfall with 34'/mile of drop though!

Can you see our kids at the overlook?
Um... only 3 of them. :scared1:

This turned out to be a very nice spot to eat a PB&J sandwich for lunch.
Indeed.

I got five for a family of six. Little Drew has shown signs of a possible milk allergy or lactose-intolerance.
Oh no. Poor guy.

Maybe not our best idea.

IMG_9460.jpg
He looks like he's drunk on milk shake. :rotfl2:

The first stop was the visitor center. They had an exhibit about the first road built there, with a sample dynamite plunger. That’s where Scotty happened.
I'm just glad they didn't have it hooked up.

See? I told you it was worth the drive-through. Most of our “tour” involved pulling over at an overlook, snapping a photo and moving on. Here are a couple of samples:
Definitely worth the drive through. Looks like some beautiful scenery.

It had been a long 4-day stretch without a burger for me, so it was finally time to end that streak. I’d chosen this place for 3 reasons: 1) it had good reviews, 2) beer, and 3) it had a 50/50 burger on the menu.
You've sold me on it. I mean, the 4 days without a burger is enough to make me crave one, but you're backing it up with some solid supporting facts as well.

All in all, we thought the food here was excellent, and are happy to award the Ale House a Drooling Homer Excellence in Unpretentious Dining Award.
:thumbsup2 Awesome. If I'm ever in Grand Junction, CO...

It turned out our fears were unfounded. The place was clean, pleasant, and the guy at the front desk even put out fresh chocolate chip-cookies for us when we arrived. Note to hotel desk clerks: I can be bought with chocolate-chip cookies. So the Econo Lodge gets a thumbs-up!
I'm glad the Econo Lodge didn't screw you. And Chocolate chip cookies always work on me too.

I've had so much going on lately that I had fallen behind several updates. Well, I had actually read one of them but forgot to comment. I'm all cauhgt up now but I can't remember the order that I wanted to comment in.

I'm not sure if you knew it but those aren't moose in the picture. Those are elk. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Good thing the bighorn sheep were still just standing around, otherwise the family would have thought that you just joshin' them.

How fun that you guys got to play in the snow! We visited my sister in Colorado in July and there was still show high in the mountains. So cool to see it when at home it was in the 90s and, we hardly ever get snow in the Winter so that made it extra cool.

Your pictures, as always, are spectacular! Like you, I'm running out of descriptions for them because they really are so spectacular. Wait, I said that already didn't I.:p

Chapter 7: If There's A Bright Center To The Universe, You're On The Planet That It's Farthest From.
“I see, sir…”

I had originally wanted to spend the next 3 nights in Moab, Utah.
That reads like the first line of one really strange novel.

Unfortunately, Moab knows that it’s a great base of operations, knows that most tourists will arrive in the summer months, and knows that there’s not much else in the area to provide competition. So its hotels are priced accordingly.
They’re business folk…
It would be unfair of us to expect something that resembles fairness from them.
They’re utterly incapable of the act.

It was very, very difficult to find any rooms that were both located in a clean, safe-looking hotel and also priced less than $150/night.
Clean and safe-looking…
My but your expectations edge a mite toward the extravagant, don’t they?

But it meant we had one more day in Colorado, and we needed to find something to do to fill the time.
Tom Tuttle: “Ha! That... will be a challenge.”
Souvanna: “You bet…”

We made the decision to visit one of the lesser-known federally protected areas:
The John Wayne Memorial Outhouse used during the onsite filming of Stagecoach?

Oh… something a bit more obscure, then.
(But like all the other spots y’all have stopped at: very photogenic.)

Black Canyon is located in Nowhere, Colorado. Right in the middle of it, actually. The nearest town is Montrose, which isn’t really close to anything either.
Well, apparently it’s close to Nowhere.
So it has that going for it.

After our visit, we’d have to completely retrace our steps to get back to Grand Junction.
Yeah, I hate it when part of a road trip involves a bit of back tracking, but terrain and road conditions will cause that form time to time.

I-70 is one of the best interstate drives in the country.
I’ve read that, but confirmation is a good thing.

because nobody pays attention to highway engineers unless they screw up.
The folks that maintain sewers have a similar problem.
(and at least you don’t have to take a shower outside before being allowed in the hose after work)

It first was designated as a National Monument in 1933 and then received a promotion to National Park status in 1999
Was there a pay raise involved, or was it just one of those a job-title-only type of promotions?

Black Canyon’s channel erosion is much more narrow and violent, due to the hard-charging Gunnison River which drops an average of 34 feet/mile through the length of the canyon.
I imagine that would make for a serious rafting adventure
(if it were even possible at all).

Here’s a good example of those steep, narrow granite walls:

IMG_9441.jpg
Very different for the wide vistas more common to western parks, but no less impressive.

Can you see our kids at the overlook?

IMG_9446.jpg
Dang, forgot my binoculars…

This turned out to be a very nice spot to eat a PB&J sandwich for lunch.
Certainly better spot than that Memorial Outhouse would’a been.

our kids had the chance to look directly at the sun.
Well, so long as they didn’t fly too close to it…

Actually, that’s a nice little extra being offered up by the Rangers there.

Maybe not our best idea.
Hay, the van has already been “predisastered”, what’s the worst that could happen?
(on third thought, best you don’t answer that one).

We finally reached Grand Junction, and then promptly drove past it.
More backtracking to come.

But then when we get to a particular location, I tend to be a completist…
This is making you want to vacation with me, isn’t it?
You’ve never traveled with my SIL…
I don’t believe you could even come close to the level of “lingering” to which I‘ve been subjected.

The first stop was the visitor center. They had an exhibit about the first road built there, with a sample dynamite plunger. That’s where Scotty happened.

IMG_9468.jpg
So long as it was a destructive encounter…
Errrr… Constructive! I meant to say constructive.

See? I told you it was worth the drive-through. Most of our “tour” involved pulling over at an overlook, snapping a photo and moving on. Here are a couple of samples:

IMG_9472.jpg

IMG_9478.jpg
“<<grunt>>”
“I know…”

It had been a long 4-day stretch without a burger for me…
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

so it was finally time to end that streak.
It'll be just like Beggar's Canyon back home.

I’d chosen this place for 3 reasons: 1) it had good reviews, 2) beer, and 3) it had a 50/50 burger on the menu.
And regardless of the one chosen, that’s two more reasons than are generally needed to convince me to give something a shot.

It was terrific!
Surprise, surprise, surprise…

I also had a pint of the Breckenridge Vanilla Porter
A good porter you say…
My favorite style of brew; I may need to add that place to The List

It appears the boys enjoyed their pizza as well.

IMG_9485.jpg
Hot, hot, hot!

(well that what it looks like he was sayin’ that the time at least.)

So the Econo Lodge gets a thumbs-up!
Good to hear; my experiences with the Econo Lodge have been wildly mixed.

Coming Up Next: We finally reach Moab, Utah. Get ready for a whole mess of red rock photos.
“<<grunt>>”

I was wondering what that giant explosion was that day....Scotty blew up Western Colorado! ;) There is some beautiful country on the Western Slope but I never get over there...I need to venture out some of these days. That burger looks delicious!

Jill in CO

Well, Scotty does tend to do things like that.

It's a very gorgeous state you have there!

It's always a drag when you have to back track, but sometimes when out in the boonies it can't be helped. Those pictures all look stunning, but I know from experience that no matter how beautiful the pictures are, the reality is so much more beautiful.

Yeah, having those mountains in the way made it tough. There are only a few roads there. It was worth the effort, though.

I would enjoy traveling with a person like you. I always want to see everything, read every sign, and take in everything there is. My parents hate going to museums with Fran and I because we like to look at everything. Same thing in National parks, we want to stop at every stop, look at all the views and everything.

Well, I have to confess here. I do NOT stop to read every single sign in museums. My mom did that, and it drove me bananas.:rotfl2: But I do have that sense of not wanting to miss something special, so I try not to leave too many stones unturned.

I'm envious of these 50/50 burgers. Even though I live close to several locations that serve them, I still have not had the treat of trying one yet! I think almost anyone can be bought with fresh chocolate chip cookies!

I hope you get to try one soon! And that you don't think it's disgusting.:rotfl:

I remember the first time I became aware of this phenomenon, I saw a picture of people hiking in shorts, stepping over the hard packed snow that had melted such that it appeared they were stepping over waves. Really cool............no pun intended.

That does sound cool!

Funny how we tend to want to share then same fun and memorable family moments with our children

I guess we really do take after our parents, no matter how much we say differently.

They just wanted to make you fell welcome! :rolleyes1

Sure, that was it.

Okay, I don't EVEN want to know how much they charge for pillows here.............. :sad2:

THOSE AREN'T PILLOWS!! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

You would think with that name, it would be a given regardless of the time of day..........

Isn't that inconvenient?

Well, not until you zoomed in! :rolleyes:

Put on your glasses next time!

Is there really a BAD place??? :confused:

To have PB&J? Sure. If someone is paying for my dinner at Le Cellier, for instance.

It was probably only a little puff when it left the sun

Then it grew a lot in 8 minutes!

The HORRORS!!! :scared1:

I know, right? I was going through withdrawal.

Well, not until you mentioned the apricot glaze..........

That actually worked really well on the burger!:thumbsup2

I'm guess they had it on tap too.................. :scratchin (sorry, I missed the elk instead of moose pile on) :)

Hey, thanks for the tip!:sad2:

I can honestly say, at least from your photos, that Colorado at least rivals Northern Arizona/S. Utah if not surpasses it in grandeur and "big". Those are some pretty big canyons! I miss sandstone, having mostly basalt up here on the Left Coast.

I LOVE the red rock areas of Utah and Arizona. But I fell pretty hard for Colorado and (you'll see later) Wyoming as well. It would be very hard to choose a favorite.

Glad the food measured up to a Homer Award; still want to try a 50/50, and wondering if my hood has one nearby. Hate beer, so will reserve commenting on it's creaminess, except to say, I'm glad you enjoyed it. But I'm all for a good night's sleep. And see, this place didn't need to steal their own pillows to pay for choco chip cookies. yay And since your kids are sightless now, you can eat them all and they'd never know it! cool.

50/50 burgers seem to be popping up more lately. Maybe there will be one near you!

I don't like all beers. I tend to stay on the less bitter/more rich side of things. Definitely an acquired taste.

I like the way you think! More cookies for me!

Sounds like trying to find a hotel near Disneyland :rolleyes:

Yep, pretty much.

This sounds so cool! But, again, I'm marrying an engineer, so.....
On the other hand, we're also annoyed with the city engineers, because they decided to completely repave a perfectly good road, while ignoring all the roads that actually need the work. And that meant they also effectively prevented anyone from coming or going from our office. Which, for the travel side, wasn't a big deal. Car care, however, had some very unhappy customers.

I'm shocked! :lmao:

There is no convenient time or way to work on a road. Believe me, if we could work on it offsite and airlift it into place, we would!

I'm actually kinda jealous of this. It sounds really neat.

It was pretty cool!

Ha. So, the queue for Thunder Mtn in WDW has these. And at night, if you depress the plunger, you're treated to explosions in different areas depending on the box. A CM finally yelled "KEEP MOVING! DO NOT STOP TO PLAY, KEEP THE LINE MOVING!"......to all the adults who had stopped to play. There weren't any kids around.

Oh man, I'd totally get in trouble there. That sounds awesome!

Who can't?

:confused3

I'd love to see Arches some day.
Bucket list needs paring down.

Arches is amazing. Hopefully you'll agree when you see the photos! Time to work on that bucket list.

"What the market will bear."
How about, "We don't need to be stupid greedy. A reasonable profit will do."

Wouldn't that be a nice change of pace?

Oh, no! You poor guys! Having to spend another day in what is proving to be one heck of a beautiful state.

As you can see, we suffered through it.

Necessary evil.

Yeah. I just hate backtracking.

Yup. And that's where I fail.
I'm almost always driving with the end in sight.
Gotta learn to stop and smell the roses in the National parks.

I like to break up the drive, so it's good to have sights along the way.

"Where we discovered that one of the kids had placed a hotel pillow in the van."

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Don't mind me... Just taking notes.

Carry on.

Huh. That's interesting.
I went and Googled some images. Pretty smart and pretty amazing.

They did a great job with that road! Gorgeous area.

No. I think this is your first time.

:rolleyes2

Sorry. I get carried away sometimes.

For lack of a better word, I'll just say "Neat!"

'cause it is.

Works for me!

That really puts it into perspective!

I thought that was a great visual!

It must be spectacular with all that vista changing colours.

I'm sure it is! We didn't have the time to spend to really see that happen.

Nope. Zoom in.... ah, got 'em.

You're welcome.

The very first thing that popped into my mind was:

Sometimes you can see the comments coming as you're writing the TR.:rolleyes1

Cool! I've never done that.
But I'll never forget the first time I looked at Jupiter and some of its moons, or Saturn's rings.

Now there's something I'd like to see someday!

I wonder how that worked out for them?

ahem.

About as well as it works for us.

Uh, oh.... I forsee bad things happening in the not so distant future.

Mostly ugliness in the diaper. We don't need to dwell on that.

:laughing: He does that a lot, doesn't he?

::yes::

Stunning. Absolutely stunning.

:lmao: That just cracked me up.

Hey, thanks! I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

Not a beer drinker, myself. But you had me at 1 and 3.

No problemo. I can usually only have one beer at a sitting, myself, so I'm a lightweight.

Nah. I like cheese.

Actually, I like a fried egg on a burger. First time I had it, I wondered why everyone doesn't do it.

I've found that a lot of people have an aversion to runny yolk. Doesn't bother me one bit.

I see three options here.
1. mugging for the camera, or;
2. really enjoying that pizza, no matter how hard to eat, or;
3. just burned the roof of his mouth.

Or any combination of the above.

I'm going to say yes to all of the above.

:thumbsup2

Sounds like a winner! And chocolate-chip cookies??? Sold!

You can cover a lot of sins with chocolate-chip cookies!

Looking forward to more stunning photos! Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

Thanks! Now I need the time to work on that next chapter.

Awesome pics. Thanks

Thanks and :welcome:

Took a girl breaking my heart to get me drinking beer and liking it. You know, I never did thank her...

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

True Story.

All's well that ends well.

Well, as long as they don't charge you $18 for a pillow.

Oh, like that would ever happen.

Wait a minute. Does this hotel in Grand Junction have a decent pool. Cause I think I've got an idea to save you about 3 hours on the road.

It's an Econo Lodge, so...no.

Cool! And I didn't even know that highway engineers did enough good things to even have any kind of an awards system.

Oh, come on. Have you seen the movies they give Oscars to? If they can get awards, anyone can!

That's almost like a waterfall with 34'/mile of drop though!

It sure sounded like it!
Um... only 3 of them. :scared1:

Hmm...I'm sure the other one is around somewhere...

Mmmm...PB&J...

Oh no. Poor guy.

Yeah, it's hard. No fun for him.
He looks like he's drunk on milk shake. :rotfl2:

I think he was!

I'm just glad they didn't have it hooked up.

True story: I checked. You can't be too careful with Scotty.

Definitely worth the drive through. Looks like some beautiful scenery.

I'm glad we got to see it!

You've sold me on it. I mean, the 4 days without a burger is enough to make me crave one, but you're backing it up with some solid supporting facts as well.

I know my audience.

:thumbsup2 Awesome. If I'm ever in Grand Junction, CO...

It sure beats going to the Wendy's, I can guarantee you that.

I'm glad the Econo Lodge didn't screw you. And Chocolate chip cookies always work on me too.

Seems to be a common affliction here.

I've had so much going on lately that I had fallen behind several updates. Well, I had actually read one of them but forgot to comment. I'm all cauhgt up now but I can't remember the order that I wanted to comment in.

That's ok. I can't even remember what I had for breakfast this morning.

I'm not sure if you knew it but those aren't moose in the picture. Those are elk. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Good thing the bighorn sheep were still just standing around, otherwise the family would have thought that you just joshin' them.

Hey, thanks for letting me know! I'm so glad I didn't identify the sheep as mountain goats.

How fun that you guys got to play in the snow! We visited my sister in Colorado in July and there was still show high in the mountains. So cool to see it when at home it was in the 90s and, we hardly ever get snow in the Winter so that made it extra cool.

We typically only get one or two snowstorms a year, so it's a pretty special event for us. Seeing it in June was neat!

our pictures, as always, are spectacular! Like you, I'm running out of descriptions for them because they really are so spectacular. Wait, I said that already didn't I.:p

Hey, thanks!:goodvibes

“I see, sir…”

+1:thumbsup2

That reads like the first line of one really strange novel.

Don't you love a good hook?

They’re business folk…
It would be unfair of us to expect something that resembles fairness from them.
They’re utterly incapable of the act.

Sure seems that way.

Clean and safe-looking…
My but your expectations edge a mite toward the extravagant, don’t they?

And we haven't even talked about the free breakfast yet.

Tom Tuttle: “Ha! That... will be a challenge.”
Souvanna: “You bet…”

Now there's a movie with which I am not familiar.

The John Wayne Memorial Outhouse used during the onsite filming of Stagecoach?

Well, we'd already seen the John Wayne toilet paper, so it was time for something different.

Oh… something a bit more obscure, then.
(But like all the other spots y’all have stopped at: very photogenic.)

Well, apparently it’s close to Nowhere.
So it has that going for it.

Which is nice. It's in the middle!

Yeah, I hate it when part of a road trip involves a bit of back tracking, but terrain and road conditions will cause that form time to time.

There's a whole lot of terrain out there.

I’ve read that, but confirmation is a good thing.

:thumbsup2

The folks that maintain sewers have a similar problem.
(and at least you don’t have to take a shower outside before being allowed in the hose after work)

I would venture to guess that most professions hear far more negative than positive feedback.

Was there a pay raise involved, or was it just one of those a job-title-only type of promotions?

Looks like it was mostly ceremonial, as near as I can tell.

I imagine that would make for a serious rafting adventure
(if it were even possible at all).

The earliest explorers gave it their best shot, but really had a rough time. As you would expect.

Very different for the wide vistas more common to western parks, but no less impressive.

Amazing how steep those walls are.

Dang, forgot my binoculars…

So did I!

Certainly better spot than that Memorial Outhouse would’a been.

I can guarantee it smelled better.

Well, so long as they didn’t fly too close to it…

Actually, that’s a nice little extra being offered up by the Rangers there.

Agreed.

Hay, the van has already been “predisastered”, what’s the worst that could happen?
(on third thought, best you don’t answer that one).

This falls under "you don't want to know".

More backtracking to come.

You’ve never traveled with my SIL…
I don’t believe you could even come close to the level of “lingering” to which I‘ve been subjected.

Well, I have traveled with my mother. And I believe I've suffered enough!

So long as it was a destructive encounter…
Errrr… Constructive! I meant to say constructive.

:rolleyes1

“<<grunt>>”
“I know…”

Pretty much.

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

The more you tighten your grip, the more star systems will slip through your fingers.

It'll be just like Beggar's Canyon back home.

Nailing womprats?

And regardless of the one chosen, that’s two more reasons than are generally needed to convince me to give something a shot.

See? I know my audience.

Surprise, surprise, surprise…

:rolleyes1

A good porter you say…
My favorite style of brew; I may need to add that place to The List

I think this one may be bottled and distributed across the country, if I'm not mistaken. Good stuff.

Hot, hot, hot!

(well that what it looks like he was sayin’ that the time at least.)

Or he was just happening.

Good to hear; my experiences with the Econo Lodge have been wildly mixed.

I was nervous. It was the online reviews that were surprisingly positive that made me decide to pull the trigger.

“<<grunt>>”

I know.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles....... :thumbsup2

+1:thumbsup2

Now for the really annoying part: in order to get there, we’d have to drive all the way to Grand Junction, Colorado—our home for the night, in case you’ve already forgotten everything I told you three paragraphs ago. Then we would have to turn southeast and drive 90 minutes southeast through Montrose to the park. After our visit, we’d have to completely retrace our steps to get back to Grand Junction.

Wow, that's gotta be like what....3 hours roundtrip, give or take? :laughing:

After it was constructed, this stretch of highway won several awards that you’ve never heard of, because nobody pays attention to highway engineers unless they screw up.

No, I remember that. The engineer accepted the award and said, "You like me. You really like me!"

It first was designated as a National Monument in 1933 and then received a promotion to National Park status in 1999

I sent a card. Always a good idea to stay in the big shots' good graces.

but you could clearly see a solar flare and a couple of sunspots.

Well, the sun is getting older. I'll bet there's a cream they could prescribe to help those to fade.

One of our tricks for making long road trips palatable for the family is to stop along the way and grab milkshakes at a fast-food place.

The sacrifices you make for your family. I'm just blown away.

In the end, like the Allies leading up to World War II, we tried the appeasement strategy.

Maybe not our best idea.

Looks like it worked out for you about as well as it did for the Allies.

This particular version also featured cheese, a fried egg (and I know most of you just hurled in your mouth at that) and an “apricot glaze”.

Close. I hurled at "apricot glaze". Because, fruit.

Wow, that's gotta be like what....3 hours roundtrip, give or take? :laughing:

Wow, you're good. Like Rain Man or something.:rolleyes:

No, I remember that. The engineer accepted the award and said, "You like me. You really like me!"

Then he went and hid.

I sent a card. Always a good idea to stay in the big shots' good graces.

Teacher's pet.

Well, the sun is getting older. I'll bet there's a cream they could prescribe to help those to fade.

He should probably get those looked at. Can't be too careful with sun exposure.

The sacrifices you make for your family. I'm just blown away.

Brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it?

Looks like it worked out for you about as well as it did for the Allies.

Pretty much.

Close. I hurled at "apricot glaze". Because, fruit.

No, really, it worked! Helped offset the saltiness of the bacon in the patty.

Time to work on that bucket list.

Wouldn't that be a nice change of pace?

If it ever happens, I'll probably fall out of my chair.

Sometimes you can see the comments coming as you're writing the TR.:rolleyes1

Yep.

Now there's something I'd like to see someday!

You probably can, even with binoculars. Just gotta figure out where to look.

Mostly ugliness in the diaper. We don't need to dwell on that.

Thanks for not sharing.

I've found that a lot of people have an aversion to runny yolk. Doesn't bother me one bit.

That's the best part!

I-70 is one of the best interstate drives in the country.
I would have to agree with you on that (though there are some awesome ones in Hawaii too, as you know). So scenic everywhere you look.

Wow, that looks really cool. I've never been there, but it looks like it was worth detouring over to Nowhere.

Glad you enjoyed your McTour of Colorado National Monument. I remember being so impressed by it because I had no idea what it was when I headed there (I visited some friends in Grand Junction and they told me to check it out while they were in class). I remember driving along on the cliffside roads and seeing the tiny cars dotting those roads across the way and being in awe of the whole place.

It turned out our fears were unfounded. The place was clean, pleasant, and the guy at the front desk even put out fresh chocolate chip-cookies for us when we arrived. Note to hotel desk clerks: I can be bought with chocolate-chip cookies. So the Econo Lodge gets a thumbs-up!
Yay! Free cookies beat expensive pillows any day!

Now there's a movie with which I am not familiar.
I suspected this might be the case... that one's a bit out there.
Mid-80's film: Volunteers. Not all that great a flick to be sure, but as with anything involving Tom Hanks or John Candy, there are some memorable lines. For some reason, they just stuck with me.

Well, we'd already seen the John Wayne toilet paper, so it was time for something different.
1399665805985786_animate.gif

Well, I have traveled with my mother. And I believe I've suffered enough!
Yeah, I saw your explanation on that earlier.
I do believe it qualifies.

The more you tighten your grip, the more star systems will slip through your fingers.
Charming; to the last...

(and... I know I'm out of order, but that's a better line.)

Nailing womprats?
Who doesn't enjoy nailing womprats?

I think this one may be bottled and distributed across the country, if I'm not mistaken. Good stuff.
Hummmm... have not seen it, but I also haven't looked for it.
Must be time to change that.

If it ever happens, I'll probably fall out of my chair.

A lot of us will.

You probably can, even with binoculars. Just gotta figure out where to look.

Now I just need some binoculars.

Thanks for not sharing.

We aim to please.

That reminds me of a sign my grandmother had in her bathroom over the toilet. It read: We Aim To Please. You Aim Too, Please. :rotfl2:

That's the best part!

I like the bacon, myself.

I would have to agree with you on that (though there are some awesome ones in Hawaii too, as you know). So scenic everywhere you look.

I think I'll have to test these roads out to do some more comparisons.

Wow, that looks really cool. I've never been there, but it looks like it was worth detouring over to Nowhere.

Glad you enjoyed your McTour of Colorado National Monument. I remember being so impressed by it because I had no idea what it was when I headed there (I visited some friends in Grand Junction and they told me to check it out while they were in class). I remember driving along on the cliffside roads and seeing the tiny cars dotting those roads across the way and being in awe of the whole place.

Yeah, it was a neat place. Well worth the drive-through.

Yay! Free cookies beat expensive pillows any day!

This is one of those Rules of Life!

I suspected this might be the case... that one's a bit out there.
Mid-80's film: Volunteers. Not all that great a flick to be sure, but as with anything involving Tom Hanks or John Candy, there are some memorable lines. For some reason, they just stuck with me.

True, Tom Hanks and John Candy should make anything better.

Gah! You need to warn me before you post stuff like that.

Yeah, I saw your explanation on that earlier.
I do believe it qualifies.

:faint:

Charming; to the last...

(and... I know I'm out of order, but that's a better line.)

Works for me.

Who doesn't enjoy nailing womprats?

Especially in Beggars Canyon back home.

Hummmm... have not seen it, but I also haven't looked for it.
Must be time to change that.

If it's not around, remember, you didn't hear it from me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter