Rock the Boat, Don't Tip the Boat Over! Fantasy 10/20-10/27 Completed Post #277!!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by oybolshoi, Nov 1, 2012.

1. TigerKat

TigerKat DIS Veteran

I'm so happy y'all got to spend some time with Lori & Rick, great people! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneyholic family

disneyholic family <font color=teal>Wayne always catches me<br><font

i just got to your post about the storm and your seasick room steward...
    that reminded me....
    as i mentioned, Sandy really started affecting us on our sea day (getting worse as the day progressed and into the night)...
    in palo, the waiter at the table next to ours was really not well (he was seriously green)....
    i told him he should wear sea bands, as they truly are a miracle (i wore them for the first time on this cruise and they saved me!!).
    he said that they're not permitted to wear them or he definitely would...

i felt terrible for him!!!

4. cntkg1

cntkg1 <b><font color=blue>Runs with Scissors!!<br><font

B, don't I recall someone very special had the wrong name on her Birthday pin from WDW a little while ago? Too bad that passenger couldn't have as much fun as you guys did with that little error. :cool1:

Glad to see that you and Jason had a nice dinner even though the boat must've been rocking and rollin' all over the place by then. Yes, I say "see" because once again I read your TR on the computer and viewed the pics on my iPhone.

See? I am dedicated. :hug:

Delicious update B. :)

5. zweihund

zweihund I tagged myself. I'm it.

Such a great update!
    One of these days worlds will collide and we will actually get to sit down at Remy or Palo together :thumbsup2

6. PNO4TE

PNO4TE I used to be the DIS Musician and a Jamborini...

Just love reading your TRs, Brenda. Thanks for taking the time to write this one. :goodvibes

7. cdtommie

cdtommie Beerman, DVC BWV/BCV/VWL/BLT, no steak, slushies o

Hi Brenda, just found this thread today...appears to me that you and Jay went pretty light on the booze this trip...maybe you're slowing down fast at the advanced age of 43 :rotfl2: (from a guy that was sleeping in the parking lot at a tailgate and then snoring during the first half yesterday...until Mary Ann reminded me about that Jets ice sculpture in the lot doubling as a shot ramp...I was wondering why my knees looked so scuffed up when I got home).

That kahlua and midori combo looked really scary...I may have met my match as the guy who will drink anything. Hopefully you'll pick up the drinking pace at WDW...maybe we'll see you and Jay around the world next week.

The beer guy

8. Scouter

Scouter DIS Veteran

:lmao::rotfl2:

9. Tink rules

Tink rules <font color=teal>The kids in my family sometimes t

Take it from the little green furry guy... after going through the twilight zone, Bermuda triangle, Area 51 of the canal locks... you won't remember enough to report on!!! :rolleyes1

10. oybolshoi

oybolshoi <marquee><font color=green>You say vacation addict

Thanks for all the great info ... good insight about the Dream, too. Sorry about Palo but I understand what you mean ... we feel that way about it sometimes too and sometimes it just depends on the day.

As for my parents ... it's hard to tell how they will react. My step-dad has cruised before but it's been a long time. My mom (who was the one who wanted this 4-nighter) has never cruised. I'm hoping they enjoy it but my husband and I will, regardless of how they feel! :lmao:

Remy is amazing ... no doubt about it! If you get a chance to try their champagne lunch go for it - a stellar experience for a great price. And a little less formal, too.

Thanks very much for reading along - so glad you're enjoying!

Yes indeed - they were a hoot. And I think you still have a Homer Simpson pin for Lori, Miss Kat!

I wonder why they can't wear the sea bands? What a shame to have to suffer through that when there's a way to combat it. Jay and I were lucky that we didn't have any seasick or motion sickness issues on the Fantast ... considering the waves on Friday night I'm surprised I wasn't hurling over the side of the verandah!

Nancy, you remain the best of the best, sir! :lmao: We always try to have a good experience even if things get a little wonky ... makes for a great sotry once the dust settles! I'm glad you thought the update was delicious even though you were looking at teeeeeeny pictures. I know you prefer brunch at Palo over dinner, so I wasn't sure how you'd feel abou this one.

So, when are we crusing together again? :hug:

Thank you kindly, my friend! And when are we cruising together? May of 2014? :rolleyes1

Elin, thank you for taking the time to read along. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

My favorite beer man has arrived! Not enough booze ... wait until I tell Jay. :rotfl2: We are convinced the booze is the reason we rode out the storm as well as we did!

And yes ... we will discuss WDW offline ... I'm sure something can be worked out!

I wondered if anyone other than me thought this picture was funny!! :lmao:

That's fine by me .... I don't think I will have enough time to write a trippie for something that long ... but you never know. Not making any promises - this is hard work! :rotfl2:

11. TigerKat

TigerKat DIS Veteran

I'll have to apologize to Lori about the pin! Was that the '09 one? Not sure what happened, I can't remember what happened last month.:upsidedow That's a great reason for us to get together with them in March!

12. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

Well I am so late to this review it's positively embarrassing :(

I promise I've read it all, not just skimmed through!!

Looks like you had an absolute ball on this cruise, I'm with you on the Skyline and Meridian Bars, aren't they just wonderful? :)

Anyway sorry to be so late to the party but I really wanted to chip in to repeat what everyone else is saying ..... Your TR is awesome!! :)

13. oybolshoi

Oh Kat ... I can't remember yesterday and that's when I'm not drinking! :rotfl: I think it was probably the 2009 button ... if I had any left I would send her one but those are long gone. I was thinking to send her one of the end of the world buttons to be nice. ;)

We are hoping to cruise with them again soon or maybe plan a get together in bourbon country. What do you think of a friendies bourbon trail weekend?

Well hello and welcome! Thanks for reading and I'm so glad you've enjoyed it so far. Oh yes ... Meridian and Skyline are the best. We are going to miss them in September when we're on the Wonder.

BTW ... I am totally jealous of your tag! :lmao:

14. disneyholic family

disneyholic family <font color=teal>Wayne always catches me<br><font

the food service people can't wear them - i don't know about anyone else.
    he said that anyone involved in food service isn't permitted to wear them because of food contamination concerns.

15. indychristine

indychristine Earning My Ears

Great TR! Really enjoying it! TY for sharing.

16. tony64

tony64 <font color=blue>Should've been a Cowboy<br><font

Just back from our two weeks in the sun and cought up with your report.
    Doesn't matter what time of day it is........It's always 5 O'clock somewhere. ;)
    Really looking forward to the next instalment.

17. cntkg1

Hey, when there are pictures of dessert, I'm always interested.:goodvibes

As for cruising together, we tried 3 times, right? We were all only successful once. :) But, it was a great "once" wasn't it? I'm looking forward to the cruise where we can really make it happen. :hug:

It was classic Bendy. I loved it too! :love:

But you're soooooo entertaining. And you have some great fans here. :littleangel:

18. oybolshoi

Well, I guess that makes sense. I'm not all that familiar with sea bands since I don't wear them. Still ... can't be all that appetizing to have your dinner being delivered by someone who's "green", ya know? ;)

Thanks for reading - glad you're enjoying.

Two weeks .... hope you had a great trip! Thanks for coming back to read the rest. I'm hoping to finish it off this weekend ... we leave for WDW soon and I don't want to have any unfinished business just in case the world really does end on 12/21 ... or my liver cells give out completely. :lmao:

The Molar Express was an awesome group of people ... so many good friends from that cruise. :thumbsup2

I don't know if I'm entertaining or just totally insane, but I do appreciate people taking the time to read. I'm sorry I don't have more / better dessert pictures for you ... we just didn't have much sweet stuff on this trip. Unless you go back to Facecrack and drool over the chocolate cake with peanut butter cup filling we ordered from the Grand Floridan bakery the night we had dinner there on my birthday with Chelsi & Jason. That cake was pretty amazing!

19. TigerKat

TigerKat DIS Veteran

I have the '09 pin which I'll either mail to her or give to her. We're going to try and get together when we're on our Spring trip.:yay:

I think a Friendie's bourbon trail weekend would be so much fun!!

20. PNO4TE

PNO4TE I used to be the DIS Musician and a Jamborini...

I would be IN for that!!!!

21. cntkg1

Actually, I'm more of a "salt" person but since there aren't any pictures of Chips n Dip, I resort back to my other guilty pleasure of dessert pics. ;)