Rock N Roll Marathon Series of Races

Is anyone looking into getting the unlimited Tour Pass? It seems like a really good deal if you do at least five races. I won't be able to do the Arizona race which I am a bit annoyed with. The Tinkerbell date change has created a lot of issues with it being so close to Marathon weekend, but I really wish it was possible to be in two races the same day! Maybe 2014. :)

DH and I have been kicking this around a little. We'd be able to hit quite a few in driving distance from CT...and it looks like they're adding Pittsburgh. I'll have to do a little math, but I think it's also about motivation/commitment...we're thinking you'd have to do 5 to make it a good deal, right? Too bad we couldn't share one, because DH and I generally take turns doing races since we have a DS (8) and a DK9 to arrange care for, and if there are kids races associated with an event DS will do them. We usually only run one, maybe two races a year together (and not truly together - he smokes me!) So, tough call for us...but sooo tempting!

DH and I have been kicking this around a little. We'd be able to hit quite a few in driving distance from CT...and it looks like they're adding Pittsburgh. I'll have to do a little math, but I think it's also about motivation/commitment...we're thinking you'd have to do 5 to make it a good deal, right? Too bad we couldn't share one, because DH and I generally take turns doing races since we have a DS (8) and a DK9 to arrange care for, and if there are kids races associated with an event DS will do them. We usually only run one, maybe two races a year together (and not truly together - he smokes me!) So, tough call for us...but sooo tempting!

I am really curious if a $10 off code will work on that as well, so it would make it a little cheaper. I definitely admire the planning that parents have to do in order to run these races. It isn't easy and even Disney doesn't seem to have a good plan for those parents that want to run. I think I am going to wait until 2014 because the main RNR race I want to do is Arizona. I would imagine that they will add some other races now that they have acquired other series. It may end up being even more of a value then with even more locations to take advantage of.

Unlimited tour pass? Oh dear... Better keep that info. from DH lol. He just signed up for Las Vegas in December with friends. He said it will be just a training run for the Goofy but I told him he can run 13.1 miles at home too ya know. :)
It's great to read about people's experiences here.

Right now it looks like there is a limited time offer on the Tour Pass that would include Vegas either this year or next year. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the Tour Pass is based on a calendar year (right?), so to allow Vegas (Dec) to be included is an extra enticement. My question with the pass is...when you have one, can you wait until the last minute to sign up or is it only vaid if you sign up during the initial first phase of registration? We both often don't know our work schedules and can't always commit 1/2 a year in advance.

Right now it looks like there is a limited time offer on the Tour Pass that would include Vegas either this year or next year. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the Tour Pass is based on a calendar year (right?), so to allow Vegas (Dec) to be included is an extra enticement. My question with the pass is...when you have one, can you wait until the last minute to sign up or is it only vaid if you sign up during the initial first phase of registration? We both often don't know our work schedules and can't always commit 1/2 a year in advance.

I don't know how limited the tour pass is. It seemed to be available the entire part of last year when they offered it for that group of races. You wouldn't be losing anything if you signed up for a race since you don't pay for each race, you pay the flat fee. So, if you aren't sure if you can run one or not, just register for it anyway. Then, if you want, just e-mail them and let them know if you can't attend. You can't sign up anytime you want to, you have to register at least 30 days out from the event as long as there is space. If the race is sold out, you can't register. No last minute signing up. Yes, Vegas is good for this year or next, I suppose because it was such a nightmare last year. If you do Vegas and Arizona, you get that extra special medal. I think the best thing to do would be to register for all the races and if you don't attend them, who cares? :cool1: You paid the full tour fee, and as long as you run five races (at least in my opinion), you got your money's worth.

I have to wait until 2014 because I must be able to do the Arizona one. This year is Tinkerbell and I really do hope that it won't conflict with Tinkerbell next year. :worship:

I just did the Savannah Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon and I will say that it is another successful race and great impression of the series for me. Everything was flawless and although the medal isn't that special, Disney still takes the cake with that as far as series goes, it is another one I would highly recommend. Just thought I would share for anyone considering trying this series out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter