'Robinsons' is first test of Lasseter at Disney

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by crazy4wdw, Mar 29, 2007.

1. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

'Robinsons' is first test of Lasseter at Disney
    Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:41pm ET

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wbk

wbk Mouseketeer

It was a nice story, but it sure isn't one I'd buy for my collection once it's released in video. Sure hope this isn't the beginning of a trend.

4. *Robin*

*Robin* bibbity bobbity boo!

I was impressed by the art, not the story...though it has a good beginning and a decent end, the meat of it was long, rambling and really needed direction. It was also pretty perdictable in my opinion.

I'll buy it, if for nothing more than the last few minutes, and the Walt quote...but I really hope it can only go up from here.

5. MJMcBride

MJMcBride Barely lost is barely found

6. *Robin*

*Robin* bibbity bobbity boo!

Seems to be doing ok critically...so far, so good. It really isn't that horrible, it just seems to wander too much, and trys to do too much for one movie.

Here's a link for Rotten Tomatoes

7. WDWPinCollector

WDWPinCollector Earning My Ears

I caught the 4:50 PM show in 3D at Downtown Disney yesterday and thought it was quite good. At one point it was a little hard to follow, but the image quality and detail, especially in 3D, was stunning. The theater was jammed packed.

Looking forward to watching it again on DVD.

8. EUROPACL

EUROPACL DIS Veteran

Got to wonder about a movie made for kids that adults have trouble following.

9. YoHo

YoHo If you have any poo to fling, now is the time.

Yeah, no kidding.

I like the utter lie that is the Article title.
    Lasseter had exactly 2 things to do with this movie and Jack left town.

Remember, if Meet the Robinsons tanks, then the middle manager idiots that brought you Chicken Little and Home on the Range will lose all power in the company. Lasseter and Catmull will actually have control in more then just name.
    If you love Disney, you won't see this movie.

Also
    Again, I draw your attention to the two previous cow patties released. The trend is ongoing.

10. MJMcBride

My only issue with your post, is I actually liked Chicken Little

11. WDWPinCollector

WDWPinCollector Earning My Ears

Well, not really. My mind isn't as sharp as it used to be...:confused3

12. mickeyfantroy

mickeyfantroy Earning My Ears

Saw it today in 3D at Downtown Disney and though it was just OK. I liked the story line at the beginning but it went downhill and became real cheesy. In that line it reminded me of Chicken Little.

13. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Mouseketeer

I think its going to tank, especially if the reason everyone is going to go see it is because of the 3D effects. Any time I see "reworked" in the discription of the movie you know theres trouble. Story is what sells not gimics and what type of animation is used

14. MJMcBride

15. Carnotaurus

Carnotaurus Mouseketeer

Just saw this with six intelligent adults of diverse tastes. We all LOVED it. (The five kids with us liked it, too!)

The plot was fast-paced and twisty, but really smart and charming. And funny.

It didn't feel like a Disney movie, per se. But it didn't feel like anything else that's out there right now ... no overt pop culture references, no gross humor, really stylized characters, lots of really quietly funny jokes (which tend to be my favorite kind).

Maybe it did feel like an old-school Disney movie. It's the first non-Pixar kids' movie I've seen in a long time that embraces sincerity and warmth without getting too drippy.

Don't judge it by its trailer, which shares the lamest jokes and gets the tone of the actual movie all wrong.

(For context, I hated "Brother Bear," thought "Chicken Little" was horrible and thought "Home on the Range" was a visually interesting failure.)

16. Sarangel

Sarangel <font color=red><font color=navy>Rumor has it ...<

Please remember that posts should have some bearing on the topic at hand (even if not the original topic), and should not attack individual posters. Be polite to your fellow posters.

Sarangel

17. mjstaceyuofm

mjstaceyuofm Mouseketeer

Took the family to see this on Saturday night. I thought it was one of the worst Disney theatrical movies I've seen in a long time. It was pretty bad....

There weren't even any funny "adult" jokes / innuendos in the movie at all. Very dissappointing.

The best part about it was the 3D Donald Duck/Chip&Dale cartoon beforehand.

18. Viki

Viki <font color="green">Mid-town Manhattan, anyone?</f

Entertainment Weekly gave it a "C." My partner tried to talk me into it over the weekend, but I wasn't having it. We saw Namesake instead. Now, there's a good movie. :thumbsup2

19. All Aboard

All Aboard Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas

$25 million opening weekend. A little better (inflation adjusted) than Brother Bear and Treasure Planet. A good step up from Home on the Range. Much worse than Chicken Little. Might struggle to do $100 million domestically. If we were arguing two years ago whether Chicken Little was a failure at $130 million, this shouldn't be much of an argument.

Too bad. In my opinion, only Lilo and Stitch was better amongst the eight 21st Century Disney Animated Features.

20. ChrisFL

ChrisFL Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

I thought it was a very well done movie, a bit over the top and crazy in places but I still really enjoyed it.

21. perdidochas

perdidochas DIS Veteran

I agree. The best parts of it were shown on the commercials. The rest was just ho-hum. I'm glad now we didn't spring for the extra money for 3-d.