• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Robin Williams has passed away...

According this article he didn't actually fall off the wagon when he checked in last month, so I stand corrected on that part, but he was very open about his early battle with both cocaine & alcohol.

http://www.people.com/article/robin-williams-back-rehab-sobriety
He was seen out and around the Twin Cities last month when he was in treatment. One of the places people saw him was at Dairy Queen to get a treat. The word was that it was a 'tube up' to help him retain his sobriety.

I'm so very sad over this news :( Rest in peace. God bless.

I personally think what the President said is pretty nice whoever wrote it.

That pettiness aside, I was surprised at how emotional I felt when I heard this. I loved Mork and so many other characters. Plus Robin could really act and seemed like such a nice guy on talk shows. This is so incredibly sad.

I was shocked to hear the sad, sad news :( God Speed Robin, may you have peace and happiness. The post of "You're free, Genie"...perfect, perfect , perfect.

Very sad news. I was really looking forward to the new Mrs. Doubtfire movie. :guilty: He was one of a kind. RIP.

I personally think what the President said is pretty nice whoever wrote it.

That pettiness aside, I was surprised at how emotional I felt when I heard this. I loved Mork and so many other characters. Plus Robin could really act and seemed like such a nice guy on talk shows. This is so incredibly sad.

Well, guess this will be locked soon. Too bad.

I personally think what the President said is pretty nice whoever wrote it. That pettiness aside, I was surprised at how emotional I felt when I heard this. I loved Mork and so many other characters. Plus Robin could really act and seemed like such a nice guy on talk shows. This is so incredibly sad.

It is so sad and I think a lot of people are unexpectedly emotional about it. I need to stop reading the tweets and statements people are putting out bc I keep on tearing up. I watched a clip from Conan tonight and he found out during the taping of the show and you could tell he was trying not to tear up.

I was also very bummed out to learn this tonight. My DH and I have been big fans for many years. We were lucky enough to get to see him perform Live in Boston a few years back, and at one point during his skit (when he was making fun of Bostonians), he had us laughing so hard I actually couldn't catch my breath for a few seconds! (And it kind of scared me a bit! I literally thought I might choke!)

You were a great talent, Robin, and you will be sorely missed by so many. :sad1:

This is one of those sad and tragic losses that just makes you stop in your tracks when you first hear it. So very very sad for him and his family. What a loss for all of us. What a shame :sad1: May he be at peace.

It isn't about Obama, it was about what the president of the US said about a great comedian.

So, if we quote another comedian's words about him or his wife's words about him, it is no longer about Williams but about the person who said it?

That makes no sense.

Dawn

This comment tainted the thread. IMO I expected this to be about a Robin Williams NOT Obama.

It isn't about Obama, it was about what the president of the US said about a great comedian.

So, if we quote another comedian's words about him or his wife's words about him, it is no longer about Williams but about the person who said it?

That makes no sense.

Dawn
Exactly. I read that quote on a news story this morning and I thought, "Yeah. That's exactly right. That's exactly how Robin was." I didn't care WHO was saying it, I was listening to the words.

Sad day. :sad:

Well, guess this will be locked soon. Too bad.

If it is, it will be on you.....you brought up your feelings of "taint" when someone posted a very nice sentiment from the POTUS (or his writer).

back on topic -- RIP Genie....you will be missed.

I was saddened and shocked to hear of Robin's passing and how. I knew he was dealing with stuff, but never imagined it would lead to suicide.

Why do some of the best comedians die so early?

I didn't read this thread. I am just too sad. Hug all of your loved ones and let them know how much they are needed. People struggle with depression every day. A little lift might be just what someone needs.

I was saddened and shocked to hear of Robin's passing and how. I knew he was dealing with stuff, but never imagined it would lead to suicide.

Why do some of the best comedians die so early?

Not just comedians, actor and musicians, etc.

A doctor just explained something that made so much sense to me:

When someone is such a genius, but bipolar and depressed, they try to self medicate because the prescription drugs, while stopping the horrific lows, also dull the manic highs that are the spark. I feel so sorry for Robin and anyone going through these invisible diseases.

RIP and Godspeed to a true genius. I know God is laughing and Heaven is a little bit happier today. :angel:

Maybe the best character-actor of our time. Such a sad loss for his family, friends and legions of fans.

RIP Robin "Genie" Williams

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter