Rob & anyone else planning to use the UK DLP booking line.....

KarenUK

Earning My Ears
...please ignore everything I said previously about booking with discounts!

I have spoken to them twice today and am fuming! I told them that I wanted a room only booking and was told that I could not book room only at the time I wanted to go (end of August) unless I had an annual passport that was valid at the time. I explained that I had an annual passport that will have expired by then and would have to renew it. 'No good' they said. 'So how do I get the annual pass then?' I asked 'if I can't get there to get it@. After considerable humming and hahhing he went away to speak to someone else. I could order my annual pass through them he said and get it validated there. OK I said please give me a quote.

The quote he gave me did not include my shareholders discount! When I told him this he said I would only save one or two pounds with the discount anyway! Eeer...maths is not my strong point but even I know that 15% of £534 worht of annual passes is a little more than 'one or two pounds'! Around £80 actually! There then followed a conversation where I explained the price of annual passes and he tried to blame the exchange rate. I explained that I had done this several times already and ther had been no hastle. 'New policy for this year' I was told! At this point I said I would phone France and to forget it! I did ring back later in case I had just been unlucky and got someone just one step up from a chimp, but was greeted by 'Chimp Boy 2' and got nowhere!

SO I will ring the shareholder line later and deal direct with them.

Rob, have you ever had any difficulty booking room only? And have you had any language difficulty ringing the Shareholders line? (Mind you it can't be worse than ringing the UK line - I was having difficulty with my language after I put the phone down I can tell you!!! ;) )

KarenUK (fuming and totally fed up!)

Sometimes it seems that everyone in the UK (and I'm not just talking Disney here) has the job title <b>Administrator of making life as difficult as possible for our customers</b>. Hope you get it sorted out Karen - do let us know.

I've also had this 'Catch 22' situation when booking directly with the Paris CRO. It is frustrating, but I normally take a deep breath before phoning and try not to lose it completely! With a little bit of persistence, often involving the CM speaking to a supervisor, I have always been able to book room-only with discount. Since I've been a member of the Shareholders' Club (where expiry of the card is not such a problem) I've made room-only bookings without any problems. I know they have changed their back-office software in the last 12 months, and it seems if the new version is just as inflexible as the old

The number I sometimes ring in Paris is 0033 1 60 30 60 53, and it always has an English speaking CM at the end of it. I've also had no language problems when calling the Shareholders' Club number.

You'll get there in the end Karen, although it is such a shame that it makes you feel like you are wading through treacle to get the discounts which you are entitled to. Have you thought about writing to complain? On the couple of occasions when I've written to Guest Services I got quite thoughtful replies.

Regards

Rob

......folks! I have calmed down a bit now! But I think I will complain Rob - do you happen to have an address that I should write to? I remember once emailing a complaint about the state of the toilets in the parks (much improved on subsequent visits so perahaps it was worth while!) but I can't find it anywhere!

Karen :)

....two phone calls to France later (the first girl I spoke to gave me a quote whic was so obvioulsy wrong that I had to phone back) I finally have a quote for room only. It would appear that they only have a few rooms which you are able to book as room only at certain times of year and the dates that i was asking about were sold out. I explained that that I intended to renew my annual pass when we get there and was told that she could make the booking but we would have to go to the park to get our annual passes before we book into the hotel or we would be charged or passes at the hotel.

I am now wondering if it is worth the hastle and whether I would be better off just booking a package. I can book a package no problem by phoning the UK line for about the same price as booking the room and the annual passes separatley. If I book for 4 nights with passes included, would I be able to upgrade those passes to annual passes when I get there? Maybe that would be easier. Always assuming that we can afford to go at all that is - we will have to look into that now I have some figures!

I really think that this situation needs resolving and I am convinced that a letter is warranted!

Karen :(

The last time I booked AP rates and didn't have a current AP I was also told that I would need to show a valid AP when I checked into the hotel. When I arrived at DLP I went straight to the hotel and was NOT asked to show an AP - it wasn't even mentioned. After I checked in I then went to buy my AP.

I'm not sure what the situation is with regard to upgrading to APs from hopper passes.

The address for Guest Relations is:

Guest Relations
Disneyland Resort Paris
Marne La Vallee
CEDEX 4
FRANCE

Regards

Rob

I have booked AP rates twice at WDW and neither time was I asked to show my AP when I checked-in (even though I was told I would need to when I booked). When you think about how many different rates they have, I suppose it isn't really surprising that the CMs at check-in often don't think to say anything.

Urggh! I've had the same troubles...it's the number one factor that puts me off DLP and going more often - it's such a hassle!

The time I booked my room with the intention of buying an AP at the same time it took about 4 phone calls before I got someone who could sort it out for me - and even then there was lots of hanging on whilst they checked things with supervisors on how to do it. *sigh*

In the end, I had to buy my AP over the phone at the same time I booked my room. On arrival, there was a CM handing out the tickets as we stood in line to check in - nobody at front desk asked to see them though. The one major pain in the backside is that we were just given tickets and no explanation of anything...as it turned out, they'd given us an AP paper ticket to get into the park that day as we were supposed to go to the AP office, have our picture taken and then a credit card type AP is ready for collection the next day. Of course, it seemed to slip everyone's mind to mention that to us, and come the 2nd day the tickets didn't work :rolleyes: so we were given another AP paper ticket until our proper passes were ready the next day.

If I had one thing to complain about above all else about DLP is communication, or specifically, lack of.

Penny :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter