Roads around MK? (Floridian / N. World Dr.)

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by goofy_joe, Apr 5, 2012.

1. goofy_joe

goofy_joe Mouseketeer

I'm staying with my folks at Bay Lake Tower for the first time in late September / early October and, as usual, we're playing a lot of golf. I know that it's easy enough to get from Contemporary to Osprey Ridge and Lake Buena Vista, and to get to Palm / Magnolia / Oak Trail. Coming back, are Floridian Way around MK and North World Drive north of the Contemporary restricted (non-Guest) roads, meaning we'd have to take Seven Seas east and a left on North World Drive? Not sure if it would ever make sense to drive around MK to get back to the Contemporary. Thanks!

2. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Other than a sign saying something to the effect of authorized vehicles only, there is nothing to stop you from taking the long way around the MK to get back to the Contemporary. There are no barriers or guard shacks to pass.

3. KINGBOBOFTHENORTH

KINGBOBOFTHENORTH DIS Veteran

Because of a lack of traffic, it could actually take less time to circle around that way. And as a WDW hotel guest, you're allowed to use that route.

BobK/Orlando

4. skelooch

skelooch DIS Veteran

Yes you can drive around the MK, the problem is you can't make a left turn into the Contemporary.
    So if leaving the Palm/Magnolia you're better off going via Seven Seas Dr.