Rivers of Light, Soarin' completion date

davish562

Davis
Do you guys think either of these attractions will be completed by around mid-March? That's when I have a trip planned. Thanks!

Last edited:
No I don't think so. Rivers of Light they talked about having in place by "Spring" but I doubt that would be mid-March, I always got the impression it would April or May. The Soarin upgrade doesn't yet have a date, but again I think anytime before mid-year is unlikely. I don't think they are going to switch movies until the new theater is ready to go.

(Note there is no official date for either.)

No I don't think so. Rivers of Light they talked about having in place by "Spring" but I doubt that would be mid-March, I always got the impression it would April or May. The Soarin upgrade doesn't yet have a date, but again I think anytime before mid-year is unlikely. I don't think they are going to switch movies until the new theater is ready to go.

(Note there is no official date for either.)
Wdwmagic (the site not the people on the site) reported a March completion. In the latest construction update they said May now...

Do you guys think either of these attractions will be completed by around mid-March?

1) I doubt it.
2) The new SIGNATURE restaurant at the beginning of Avatarland won't be ready until late April-ish.
3) And, they want The River and the eatery to open at the same time.

It bums me out a little that I will miss all this. However, I guess it just makes a good excuse for me to go again in a few years.

That's interesting. I have heard definitely table service but I'm surprised it's a signature restaurant.

1) Yep.
2) We know the new manager of the Signature eatery.
3) We were also surprised that they would build another 2-TS eatery within a park - let alone in AK.

1) Yep.
2) We know the new manager of the Signature eatery.
3) We were also surprised that they would build another 2-TS eatery within a park - let alone in AK.
Well they are expecting people to stay longer at AK when rivers of light and avatar go live.

Anyone have a link to more info on the "signature restaurant"? It is opening THIS spring? and is at the entrance to Avatarland? A year before Avatarland opens? I think I have something wrong here.....

Anyone have a link to more info on the "signature restaurant"? It is opening THIS spring? and is at the entrance to Avatarland? A year before Avatarland opens? I think I have something wrong here.....

Why? Rivers of Light will be keeping more people in the park later, so opening a new TS restaurant to help them lighten their pockets while waiting for the show makes sense to me.

Why? Rivers of Light will be keeping more people in the park later, so opening a new TS restaurant to help them lighten their pockets while waiting for the show makes sense to me.
I am confused by the opening dates/location.....not the existence/necessity of it.:)

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the name of the new restaurant is or what type of food it will be serving? Haven't heard much about it.

So, I heard second hand from someone who works in Risk Management for Disney (yes, I realize this may as well be a bus driver) that some portion of Avatar Land is scheduled to open this Spring. I am guessing it is *just* the restaurant - if anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter